What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18 2024: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 4th

King-Gutho94

Coach
Maybe Blaize's agent just wants to use us to pump up the contract price the Dragons are offering - but has to hold off until we have a new coach in place to agree through the R&R committee on what we're willing to offer/pay?

I think Mark O'Neill's ratchet clauses - where certain player payments increase to maintain a percentage of our overall cap - are going to come back to haunt us. It's just bad business for a club, and limits our future cap flexibility
But isn't all these player options keeping there price tag down.

Soto

Bench
The NRL will tweak the rules and interpretations so the big types are not lost.
Unfortunately we will have changed our side a bit and be behind the eight ball again.
A good coach, a smart coach will adapt with playing style, with recruitment and with training and agility..
Not chase the f@^$&$ collision. Run hard and tackle hard. What are we a u14s side???

King-Gutho94

Coach
Would have been a tragedy if we lost the holy trinity of Loizu, Russell and Jarthur.
They might have to go back and play at the brand new home ground of the Rouse Hill Rhinos at Samantha Riley Drive Reserve where the fields ain't even level and the field is too small they can't even take a penalty kick properly because the ball ends up on the road.

No wonder russell doesnt know where the 10m line is

1720139553540.png

DJI_0060.JPGDJI_0056.JPG

EelsFan05

Bench
I'm pretty sure Doorey ran that line last night, but Dylbags himself ran at the exact same gap instead of passing the ball.
It got awkward, they may have accidentally kissed, I'm not sure.
Actually, now that you mention it. I remember Tago stepping back in field when he made a break. And two bunnies defenders being so surprised that they tripped over and slid out of the field.

eel01s

Bench
I really hope BA gets another head coach job for next year. He can take Paulo, Lussick, Lane, Russell, Sivo, Penisini with him.

We are so slow and unfit. Opposition defence just waits for us to run to the sideline, as there is little chance (only Moses and Brown have speed but have rubbish outside them) of them being burnt or stepped.

lingard

Coach
On a positive note, Talagi is improving; Hands is improving; Guymer looked good on debut; Offahengui is looking good; Moses is good; Tago looked good on debut. Lomax to come. Hannay will have something to work with next year - and may bring a speedy back(s) with him next year. I hope he can do something with Penisini, who has just stagnated.

JokerEel

Coach
On a positive note, Talagi is improving; Hands is improving; Guymer looked good on debut; Offahengui is looking good; Moses is good; Tago looked good on debut. Lomax to come. Hannay will have something to work with next year - and may bring a speedy back(s) with him next year. I hope he can do something with Penisini, who has just stagnated.

I actually think Hands has been poor the last 2 weeks..

Latest posts