What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I doubt it. Very easy to identify problems. Much harder to solve them.

It's why everyone on here (and Sterlo) will never be a full time coach.
Most problems can only be solved by signing better players. Robinson's Chooks only won six games in 2016 ffs. If coaching fixed everything they would have won as many as usual with all those injuries.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unfortunately our issues are bigger than just a lack of effort. We can’t score points. And we are leaking far more points in recent games. That’s what needs fixing.
Our defence is as good as it can get. I agree our attack needs tweaking but Mahoney and Drown are huge losses. Look how garbage Melbourne were without their first choice 9 and 6. We kept them to zero.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why would a coach say ‘it’s an easy fix’ if he knows it’s not an easy fix and doesn’t really know how to fix it?
Why would a coach be excrutiatingly honest in front of a bunch of shit head media people lining up to destroy him?

If you are genuinely asking that question then you don't know how the media works. There are entire professions aimed at controlling the external message and ensuring that in house shit stays in house.

Noise

Coach
Our defence is as good as it can get. I agree our attack needs tweaking but Mahoney and Drown are huge losses. Look how garbage Melbourne were without their first choice 9 and 6. We kept them to zero.
Our defence was much better in the first half of the season. There is no reason we can’t get back to that. And our attack has been shit for over 2 months. Brown and Mahoney were still in the team.

Chipmunk

Coach

Our attack has been rubbish for two months with both of those two in the team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's only six weeks. This time last year the Roosters had only won half of their previous six games as well. In their six games leading into the finals Canberra only won 50%

If you're going to stress, don't stress over form. Stress over whether Mahoney and Drown can get back on the field for the finals. That's far more important than how we've been playing even in the very recent past.

hindy111

Post Whore
We most likely finish 5th.
Tigers I feel are a better side then we are. They pushed a red hot souths to the end. Inwouldnbe suprised if we could get them on benji final game

Glenneel

Bench
Because we didn't have the smarts in our spine to move the ball to where the defence was thin. Penrith got 3+ defenders into every tackle. That's great effort but it was up to our spine to move the ball to where there were fewer defenders.

When we compressed Penrith shifted the ball to the edges. When they compressed we kept going up the middle. No wonder we made no metres. Halves aren't just for setting up tries and linebreaks. They also should decide who gets to run the ball and where.
We run one out all match which is easy to defend. And you'll never win a finals match doing that shit all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts