What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
Agree.

Was Speaking to a physio mate who is close with the Panthers physio. Cleary was telling the team that besides offloads, the Eels have nothing in attack that will worry them. He wasn’t wrong.
Never more obvious than watching the Storm today, their movement is a fair bit in motion behind the line not just offloads in traffic. Effort only gets you so far, generally into the battle but playing smart attacking football after that gets you the win.

Kornstar

Coach
It’s not really an easy fix if the people charged with implementing the fix don’t know how to do it

I guess the point i am making is that i understand why the coaching staff think it is an easy fix because decent coaching staff would get it corrected simply because they have the talent.........so far this staff has identified it, but have not been able to back up those claims that it is an easy fix, unless their interpretation of easy fix was just to improve the effort and attitude........and if that is the case then we are truly f**ked!

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s interesting reading the take on the game from the viewpoint of the opposition supporters. I kind of understand the doom and gloom but at the same time the big difference on Friday night was our back three. Edwards, Mansour and To’o always get us on front foot from kick returns, they make big metres and do the hard yards. I don’t think there was that much in the game, you guys just were unable to stop the metres and go forward of our back three which made it so much easier for our forwards once it was there turn. Sivo is a beast from 10 metres out but he just doesn’t do the hard yards to the same degree that Mansour and To’o do.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree.

Was Speaking to a physio mate who is close with the Panthers physio. Cleary was telling the team that besides offloads, the Eels have nothing in attack that will worry them. He wasn’t wrong.
Well he was wrong in round five and he could be wrong next time. Depends if we have our full spine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s interesting reading the take on the game from the viewpoint of the opposition supporters. I kind of understand the doom and gloom but at the same time the big difference on Friday night was our back three. Edwards, Mansour and To’o always get us on front foot from kick returns, they make big metres and do the hard yards. I don’t think there was that much in the game, you guys just were unable to stop the metres and go forward of our back three which made it so much easier for our forwards once it was there turn. Sivo is a beast from 10 metres out but he just doesn’t do the hard yards to the same degree that Mansour and To’o do.
Yep, we just couldn't build any pressure. Mansour and To'o might have their defensive issues (Daniel Tupou will be looking forward to the match up with To'o) but they are probably the best pair in the comp for go forward. Meanwhile our middle is built to stop front rowers, not nuggety wingers with footwork.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep, we just couldn't build any pressure. Mansour and To'o might have their defensive issues (Daniel Tupou will be looking forward to the match up with To'o) but they are probably the best pair in the comp for go forward. Meanwhile our middle is built to stop front rowers, not nuggety wingers with footwork.

Good point you make, our wingers are amongst the shortest in the competition so yes under high effective offensive kicks we do have an issue no doubt.

We are well aware our own Mansour is at the back end of his career and maybe not the same player he was at his best but his work out of our own end is as good as any winger.

In my opinion the work the modern wingers do bringing the ball back from your own end is just as important if not more so that what they can do inside the so called red zone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he knew he would lose. He's a f**king genius that Cleary. It's a wonder he has such a poor record against bush coach Arthur's.

eels_fan

First Grade
We’ll get past the broncos and tigers, not spectacularly but enough to get the job done and lock up 4th.

then panthers in the first week of the finals, they’ll think we’re easy meat, and we’ll blow em apart. Think Dragons 09. BA is the ultimate poker player, shown none of our attacking hand in the last 8 weeks, 10 weeks by the finals, yet still finished 4th. Genius stuff. Looking forward to the prelim at Bankwest...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol Pou, and I thought he was going to have a light weekend. The BS never ends when there is an incompetent coach to defend.

IFR33K

Coach
We’ll get past the broncos and tigers, not spectacularly but enough to get the job done and lock up 4th.

then panthers in the first week of the finals, they’ll think we’re easy meat, and we’ll blow em apart. Think Dragons 09. BA is the ultimate poker player, shown none of our attacking hand in the last 8 weeks, 10 weeks by the finals, yet still finished 4th. Genius stuff. Looking forward to the prelim at Bankwest...

I’m not so sure we’ll get past both the broncos and west’s. In the past we’ve needed to win one of our remaining two games to make the semis only to limp out in disappointing form.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I talked to Mik about game.
He said this -
They where just a bit better in every area but wasn't much in it. And missed your hooker and Dylan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts