What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ridiculous charges those

they have had plenty of time to review them prior to instigating the charges yet still they f**k it up

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was going to ask how we looked on TV because live we looked attrocious. Sadly I really dont think tonights performance would have beaten any team other than The Broncos. Canterbury would have put 100 on The GG's tonight. They were that bad. What the hell has happened to such a great group of players? They play like strangers. They were fantastic and now they most certainly arent.
Id be signing The Walker Brothers to replace Murphy and could we make it happen by breakfast tomorrow please.
The Tigpies next week is a huge concern. Yes we won and I'd always prefer to win but why have we deteoriated so much?
I just watched the 9 TV replay. I reckon you were a bit harsh on the boys Gaz. Definitely a different game on TV and many more good things than I saw live. Even the GG's were better than from my view in the stands.
Get ya f'n act together Gazza ffs.

Gronk

Staff member
I just watched the 9 TV replay. I reckon you were a bit harsh on the boys Gaz. Definitely a different game on TV and many more good things than I saw live. Even the GG's were better than from my view in the stands.
Get ya f'n act together Gazza ffs.
Me too, I watched ch9 this AM and we looked better on the telly than at the ground. Throw in the fact that it was pissing down at the ground that wasn't really obvious on the telly, we did even better.

hindy111

Post Whore
The point with Moses is no, he’s not playing like the best half back in the game. That’s because he plays for the Roosters in Keary. The rest of the clubs have players who have faults, some moreso than others. As Nth Qld can attest, you look can amazing with a great half and gash without one.

As much as merkins on here pile on Mitch regularly, there are at least 12 teams that would take him in a heartbeat.

Nathan Cleary.... Start of season I would of taken ones every day of week. Now it wouldn't even be debated. Nathan is miles above him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses had a great short kicking game last year. What has changed is the injury. That's all. Effective short kicking requires footwork to kick from the right position.

Load of bullshit. He was running fine. I reckon he is 99% fit. Kicking a ball 7mtrs too deep is due to a poor kick and not an i jury. If injured he wouldn't be able to kick the ball 60mtrs in the fly.

hindy111

Post Whore
We did get it after 19 games - but there is only 1 game left.

Getting 28 points after 24 games isn't too different from getting 28 points after 19 games, when this season only has 20 games.

But yes - being on 28 points, with one round to go, is pretty good.

Add 4 points for the 2 byes...32 points....

I liked the changes that were made as they seemed effective. And I also just liked the fact that we actually made changes, which BA has seemed to be reluctant to do. And although Brandy I think was giving us stick for taking more risks I liked that too for the most part. Execution just needs to be better, and the only way to improve it is with practice. 7 out of 10.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If you havent seen it yet watch the M Moses interview late from the 9 coverage. Very measured, very serious and touched on the issues concerning realistic fans and most importantly mentioned his calves are both 100% now and have been since last weeks game. He was also critical of areas of his game. Looked a very honest assessment.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutherson also said Brown is week 2 of finals at best. But didnt sound confident. Id lean towards season over.

Gronk

Staff member
You bought up a player from another club firstly.... I showed a guy at similar level at start of season who you and I said was average.
He still is. Jeff Robson surrounded by a very talented young team who are playing with confidence.

emjaycee

Coach
Jnrs was embarrasing. Neither player has anyhting to worry about.
What do you mean neither player has anything to be worried about?
Jnr has been cited and will miss a match unless he takes the early plea or contests it and wins.
Mennings has been cited and needs to pay a fine of $850 unless he challenges it in which case he pays $1150 if he doesn't get off.
The ref and bunker and now the MRC have all said it was foul play.
Big roll of the dice to think the judiciary will say anything different.

hindy111

Post Whore
What do you mean neither player has anything to be worried about?
Jnr has been cited and will miss a match unless he takes the early plea or contests it and wins.
Mennings has been cited and needs to pay a fine of $850 unless he challenges it in which case he pays $1150 if he doesn't get off.
The ref and bunker and now the MRC have all said it was foul play.
Big roll of the dice to think the judiciary will say anything different.

I read Jnrs has been changed and nothing to report too

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Those 2.... What about the f**king Panthers. What they have done. 14 in a row. 1 loss all season. I mean it's quite incredible.
They remind me of the 2001 Eels - pretenders who overachieved due to finding a style that worked well under a new rule interpretation. Their lack of big game experience will hurt them, just like it hurt us in 2001.

If you're ever going to beat the best teams your best chance is early in the season when it's all a bit of a lottery. That's when we beat the Panthers, and also when Penrith beat the Roosters and Storm. They were out of the way by round six.

Status
Not open for further replies.