What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon our structure going forward (once Drown’s back) should be:

General play outside attacking zone:
Drown to be the dominant half

Last tackle option:
Long kicking Moses the dominant half/short kicking Drown the dominant half

Sets in attacking zone:
Paulo to become the dominant half (touching the ball at least 3 times a set)
There's a reason halfbacks don't weigh 120kg+ and it's because blokes that big aren't able to handle the ball three times every set.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Stone and Niakuore will be back shortly.
Who do we drop? Evan's starting went well. He outplayed RCG.
Kafusi I like. He is the future but perhaps dispensable at this point. Davey went well starting. W.Smith is a better threat then Stone and covers more positions.
Davey went okay against Brisbane but he is the worst forward in our team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Load of bullshit. He was running fine. I reckon he is 99% fit. Kicking a ball 7mtrs too deep is due to a poor kick and not an i jury. If injured he wouldn't be able to kick the ball 60mtrs in the fly.
He will be wearing bracing that limits the mobility of his ankles, making it harder to put fine touch on kicks and so on. There's a reason his form is down. It's not old age, it's not coaching. The only thing left is injury.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What do you mean neither player has anything to be worried about?
Jnr has been cited and will miss a match unless he takes the early plea or contests it and wins.
Mennings has been cited and needs to pay a fine of $850 unless he challenges it in which case he pays $1150 if he doesn't get off.
The ref and bunker and now the MRC have all said it was foul play.
Big roll of the dice to think the judiciary will say anything different.
I can see how the onus should be on the defender to make sure those injuries don't happen. It obviously wasn't intentional (I reckon foul play almost never is) but it could be said to have been careless.

When Drown f**ked his ankle Adam Reynolds was looking at his foot while he dropped his body weight onto it. That looked far worse and should've been reviewed by the MRC.

hindy111

Post Whore
He will be wearing bracing that limits the mobility of his ankles, making it harder to put fine touch on kicks and so on. There's a reason his form is down. It's not old age, it's not coaching. The only thing left is injury.

No. Players like Moses have purple patches. He hasn't had enough consistency to prove he is elite and of similar level week in week out. He has just shown glimpses.
Luke Brooks last season also hit a purple patch. Josh Reynolds and Hodkisnon where another 2.
I'm unsure if Moses has injury. I'd lean towards bad form and back to his old game. Throwing silly passes and money balls etc.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This was posted on TCT. Might explain why Sivo was quiet(er).

View attachment 42125
OIP.C3PBjFhNK9rppOaTqDjAIwHaEZ

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No. Players like Moses have purple patches. He hasn't had enough consistency to prove he is elite and of similar level week in week out. He has just shown glimpses.
Luke Brooks last season also hit a purple patch. Josh Reynolds and Hodkisnon where another 2.
I'm unsure if Moses has injury. I'd lean towards bad form and back to his old game. Throwing silly passes and money balls etc.
The big difference is his effectiveness running the ball, though he was certainly decent last night against the worst defence in the league.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The fact that he is injured is irrefutable.

Do you even Parra?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oh ok....
So any player who isn't playing well has an injury. All names covered now.
Sivo a boil.
Moses throwing silly balls to nobody due to his calves.
No. Thats dumb.

A player who is injured is clearly injured. That is definitely the case with Moses.

That injury gives him some latitude but doesn't excuse some of the rubbish he has served up.

Status
Not open for further replies.