What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd2 Parramatta v Titans GAME DAY Thread 22/3/2020

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would hope so or elevating him was a huge waste of a top 30 position. He got hooked in the 9s and was average at best in the trial. Looks an average player at this stage but hes one hell of a trainer.
Probably between Davis or Stone. W Smith please no but if thats an option he should he told if he even thinks about kicking the football he will be hooked then hanged then shot then drowned.
Well how good do you expect a backup to be? We just need to not expect too much from him, maybe splitting the minutes between him and Stone or even more Gutho.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well how good do you expect a backup to be? We just need to not expect too much from him, maybe splitting the minutes between him and Stone or even more Gutho.
I recall Smith having a couple of good games at 9. His defence surprised me. If he just defends, passes from dummy half and backs up then he'll be fine. The problem is after going ok for a while he convinces himself he is a better player than he is and thats when the inevitable brain farts occur. BA needs to ensure he is the one player banned from playing what he sees. Just do whats required and please God nothing else especially kicking the ball.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ok so who should we have signed to provide cover for hooker?
Cameron Smith FFS!!

There were a heap of dummy half options that changed clubs over the off season. None of them world beaters but wouldn’t of cost too much though eg Liicha, King, Egan, katoa etc etc but Instead we were happy to give 30th spot to a park footy player who isn’t even a dummy half.

BeA has shown in the past he doesn’t think the dummy half is a high priority and it’s why I can ever seeing us be a contender with him in charge.

84 Baby

Referee
Cameron Smith FFS!!

There were a heap of dummy half options that changed clubs over the off season. None of them world beaters but wouldn’t of cost too much though eg Liicha, King, Egan, katoa etc etc but Instead we were happy to give 30th spot to a park footy player who isn’t even a dummy half.

BeA has shown in the past he doesn’t think the dummy half is a high priority and it’s why I can ever seeing us be a contender with him in charge.
You’d have whined about whoever we signed from that list. All of them are pretty meh options but on top of that would come with play/pay expectations exceeding our needs of having someone in case of Reed getting injured.

But I’m glad you see us being ever contenders with BA in charge

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You’d have whined about whoever we signed from that list. All of them are pretty meh options but on top of that would come with play/pay expectations exceeding our needs of having someone in case of Reed getting injured.

But I’m glad you see us being ever contenders with BA in charge
The only way we’d ever be a Contender with Bea Arthur in charge is if 12 or 13 clubs fall over through this Corona virus. The bloke isn’t capable of getting us to the next level. He’s had 7 years and we have never looked likely.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Cameron Smith FFS!!

Lichaa would have been a fair pick up but from rumours, he has retired (plus tigers / dragons probably would have looked at him if he was available)

king is average and we did make enquires last year for him to return.

Egan / Katoa wouIdnt be cheap and could have cost us a top 17 signing.

Anyhow I reckon Davis / Stone will do a decent enough and may surprise. Obviously won’t provide as good as service as Mahoney but playing in our spine will help and both are defensively strong.

Stevie

Bench
I am not try to bag our beloved Eels, but despite the score I thought we were awful. Scrappy and lacking direction. I think a good side puts 30 on us in the first half. I’m sure we will improve, no doubt though!

84 Baby

Referee
The only way we’d ever be a Contender with Bea Arthur in charge is if 12 or 13 clubs fall over through this Corona virus. The bloke isn’t capable of getting us to the next level. He’s had 7 years and we have never looked likely.
Should’ve signed Holbrook you think?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Should’ve signed Holbrook you think?
I bet he’d like some of the cattle that Bea Arthur has. They put up a decent fight for 55mins considering the lack and ball injuries and the Heat. He has so much deadwood to cut it’s not funny.

Bet he wishes he didn’t take the job now.

84 Baby

Referee
I bet he’d like some of the cattle that Bea Arthur has. They put up a decent fight for 55mins considering the lack and ball injuries and the Heat. He has so much deadwood to cut it’s not funny.

Bet he wishes he didn’t take the job now.
Amazing that he’d be jealous of squad given your adamant BA loves plod

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only times we've had a top four quality squad were 2016 and now. Back then we had to cheat to compete in the player market. Are we cheating now? If so I hope we don't get caught. To win comps you need expensive players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am not try to bag our beloved Eels, but despite the score I thought we were awful. Scrappy and lacking direction. I think a good side puts 30 on us in the first half. I’m sure we will improve, no doubt though!
Our defence is very good this year. I doubt we would have conceded 30 points unless very fatigued.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Mahoney is long term I would look at Salmon.
If it is short term W.Smith

Either choice I still would put Stone on bench

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The only times we've had a top four quality squad were 2016 and now. Back then we had to cheat to compete in the player market. Are we cheating now? If so I hope we don't get caught. To win comps you need expensive players.
I think we have a top 4 squad but from what I have seen we don’t look a top 4 side. To be fair most teams have looked rubbish this year.