What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd2 Parramatta v Titans GAME DAY Thread 22/3/2020

Gronk

Staff member
So we only have one dummy half in the top 30, awesome use of cap space filling it with jack of all trade Master of none plodders.

Time to bring back Kenny Edwards FFS!!!

I guess it comes down to cash. You might have been able to get a Cam King or Mitch Rein but is it wise to pay a merkin double the min wage just so you can use him 3 times a year ? Especially when Schnieder might have been be ready to go mid season ?

crocodile

Bench
I actually believe we looked better in attack when Reed went off. Having Gutho at Dummy half had us rolling forward and the Tits were stuffed.

I love Mahoney, but he really needs to learn to scoot out of dummy half. We have no impact from the ruck. Panthers are a completely different side since Api joined them.

Run Reed run.
He has a decent short kick as well but rarely uses it.
kick Reed kick. And run too.

Bazal

Post Whore
I guess it comes down to cash. You might have been able to get a Cam King or Mitch Rein but is it wise to pay a merkin double the min wage just so you can use him 3 times a year ? Especially when Schnieder might have been be ready to go mid season ?

Don't bring logic into this ffs!

We should have signed Ploddy Levi for first grade money!!!

hindy111

Post Whore
How bad is Mahoneys injury?
And BA has planned for this so I am sure he knows what he will do.
I reckon it be Stone on a bench and W.Smith at Hooker

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So we only have one dummy half in the top 30, awesome use of cap space filling it with jack of all trade Master of none plodders.

Time to bring back Kenny Edwards FFS!!!

We have 3 top 30 hooker (Mahoney, Davis, Smith) options plus stone...

Gronk

Staff member
How bad is Mahoneys injury?
And BA has planned for this so I am sure he knows what he will do.
I reckon it be Stone on a bench and W.Smith at Hooker

tenor.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
As I said one dummy half in the top 30.

None of those are realistic options if we are being serious.

Not so much you just you made the post so it's easy to respond, but plenty have said we don't need a bench hooker because Mahoney plays 80.

If that's the case, why waste a spot on a genuine hooker? Isn't it better to have back ups who can fill a few positions?

For the record I would have a bench hooker in the side rather than an outside back. I don't like relying on a young kid for 80 and I think it's such an important position you need cover. But I'm amused by a couple of other posters who seem to want it both ways

84 Baby

Referee
As I said one dummy half in the top 30.

None of those are realistic options if we are being serious.
Whom since BA started should we have signed? But realistically since Kaysa retired. And remembering we did reportedly pursue Issac Luke

84 Baby

Referee
Not so much you just you made the post so it's easy to respond, but plenty have said we don't need a bench hooker because Mahoney plays 80.

If that's the case, why waste a spot on a genuine hooker? Isn't it better to have back ups who can fill a few positions?

For the record I would have a bench hooker in the side rather than an outside back. I don't like relying on a young kid for 80 and I think it's such an important position you need cover. But I'm amused by a couple of other posters who seem to want it both ways
We should’ve signed #CAM9000 to play for Wenty FFS!!!!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Davies is a realistic option or we wouldn't have signed him into the top 30.
I would hope so or elevating him was a huge waste of a top 30 position. He got hooked in the 9s and was average at best in the trial. Looks an average player at this stage but hes one hell of a trainer.
Probably between Davis or Stone. W Smith please no but if thats an option he should he told if he even thinks about kicking the football he will be hooked then hanged then shot then drowned.

84 Baby

Referee
I would hope so or elevating him was a huge waste of a top 30 position. He got hooked in the 9s and was average at best in the trial. Looks an average player at this stage but hes one hell of a trainer.
Probably between Davis or Stone. W Smith please no but if thats an option he should he told if he even thinks about kicking the football he will be hooked then hanged then shot then drowned.
Probably shoot him again just to be safe.
I reckon it’ll be Davies to start (horrible service, but ok defence and ok general play) with perhaps Smith in for Taka as Davies is will likely be even less an 80 min NRL hooker than Reed (plus Smith for Taka can be a bit like for like on the brain fart front, Taka is a bigger body while Smith, for better or worse is more active)

Gronk

Staff member
TITANS V EELS
Dally M votes: Mitchell Moses 3, Michael Jennings 2, Clint Gutherson 1. Judge: Justin Hodges

Like: Parramatta’s halves combination is becoming one of the most dominant in the competition. Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown controlled Sunday’s match against the Titans with ease. The pair steered the side in a second half demolition job, with Brown notching up a double and Moses with a first half four-pointer. Not only that, but their running game makes any defensive line nervous. Combined, the pairing clocked 257 running metres — more than the entire Titans forward pack. Moses calls the shots while Brown simply has the freedom to run as he pleases and the combination works.

2112545d0e4fcab259b9ee0c12f891b1

Dylan Brown on the run for the Eels. Picture: Dave Hunt/AAP
Dislike: Gold Coast’s defence was just woeful. They finished the match with 45 missed tackles which allowed Parramatta to simply build momentum and end up running away with the game in the end. The silent stadium allowed anyone in the stadium an ear into the Titans defensive calls on the line and there were a number of them that left players out of position. Granted, the Titans did have to make wholesale changes across the park because of injury but Parramatta’s two early tries in the opening 10 minutes were too easy. They also threw in the towel late in the game, which allowed Parramatta to score five unanswered tries.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/39d958d02a594e617e2b62626e16e4df