What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd2. Wests Tigers-Sea Eagles 5.30pm "spoilers"

in the second half apart from a decent Collis run and a good run from Bronson both in the last 10 minutes, we never even looked like getting close to scoring.

effnic

Bench
effnic said:
Penalties 8-2 to the tigers from home town archer and we are still in front. I still pick tigers in a close one though,.
HA HA HA YOU DUMB f**k............wait.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
f**k the ref
I thought the Tigers were very fortunate on a number of calls, so i would hardly be blaming the ref.
Wasn't the penalty count like 12-4 in tigers favour?

Anyway How good is Ballin, this kid surely must take Dunleys spot for good.

Harold Bishop said:
I thought the Tigers were very fortunate on a number of calls, so i would hardly be blaming the ref.
Wasn't the penalty count like 12-4 in tigers favour?

Anyway How good is Ballin, this kid surely must take Dunleys spot for good.

yes i over-reacted its just so hard too watch this team now days how do u go from winning a premiership too a crap team and how the hell do u let so many premiership winning players go

LeagueNut

First Grade
Well done Manly, although the Tigers weren't throwing too much at you. I think that makes me 0/3 for this round. :(

BUT:

- what's with all the beards??

- who's the (Manly) jersey sponsor below the number that's been covered up?

t-ba

Post Whore
LeagueNut said:
- who's the (Manly) jersey sponsor below the number that's been covered up?

QLD Group.

I haven't had a chance too see Manly play yet, but I'd assume Williamson has once again convinced the side to don the Beards...

circling eagle

Juniors
Scrappy game, but Manly look preety comfortable in the rain, 2/2 in the wet.

Canberra and Tigers just seemed to loose the plot in the wet, more rain next week please :)

Garts

Bench
Im not sure if King could actually see what he was exactly doing, but he could have I guess. I thought he had his head down in the scrum and just put his hand up to push him but it did look pretty ugly.

Anyway even if it was deliberate its hard to prove and with the Carroll precedent in rd 1 he will have no charge.

effnic

Bench
Mud-running Sea Eagles fly clear

By David Beniuk
March 24, 2007
MANLY'S Michael Monaghan turned back the clock as he filled in seamlessly for injured halfback Matt Orford, creating two tries in a 19-8 win over Wests Tigers in wild conditions at Leichhardt Oval.

A renowned mud-runner, former No.7 Monaghan cleverly switched the attack to send Anthony Watmough over in just the sixth minute and, in the final minute of the first half, kicked for winger Michael Robertson to score.

In the final minute of the match Monaghan also kicked a field goal.

A storm hit Sydney 10 minutes before kick-off and rain bucketed down on the players during the warm-up and for periods during the match.

This left the flashy Tigers struggling against the grinders from the peninsula and their high error count didn't help.

Manly scored three tries to one with Jamie Lyon booting three goals from five attempts.

After Robertson's try had given Manly a 10-8 lead at the break, a big southerly arrived at just the right time for the Sea Eagles, who began the second half with the wind at their backs.

Watmough was denied a second try in just the fifth minute of the second half when video referee Chris Ward came up with a controversial obstruction ruling.

Manly replacement Glenn Hall was adjudged to have held Tigers hooker Robbie Farah out of the defence but the incident appeared to have little impact on the play as another clever Monaghan ball sent Watmough over.

Two minutes later stand-in hooker Matt Ballin dived through some ordinary defence and Lyon converted to take Manly's lead out to 16-8.

They were denied by Ward again in the 57th when Luke Williamson claimed he had grounded a grubber but the lock's feet were over the deadball line.

Robertson's 40th-minute four pointer was the difference at the break after Watmough's early try and the Tigers' reply in the 31st through Farah.

Farah brilliantly gathered in a Marshall chip and scooted past two Manly defenders to score, Marshall's conversion giving the Tigers the lead for the only time in the match at 8-6.

The Tigers had looked set to take that to the break but an unmarked Robertson was on the spot to pluck Monaghan's cross-field kick out of the air and dive over to make it 10-8.

WESTS TIGERS 8 (R Farah try; B Marshall 2 goals)
MANLY 19 (M Ballin M Robertson A Watmough tries; J Lyon 3 goals; M Monaghan field goal)
Referee: T Archer
Crowd: 15,185 at Leichhardt Oval

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21440144-23214,00.html

Disco

Bench
Well Dunley should see very little firsts this year, which is fantastic.............go Ballin, he was long overdue for his chance and by god he siezed it

Latest posts