What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 2022: Non Parra games

the phantom menace

First Grade
True, very important result for us tonight... I think it's 50-50 though.

As it will be when we face the Storm - fingers crossed tonight, and then one week at a time. Penrith will be equally fearful of facing Storm in finals week 1 now.

eels_fan

First Grade
Providing we get Mitch back for the last 2 rounds, I’d rather our odds than Storm. Penrith fired zero shots tonight. 60 tackles in the red zone without a try FFS. Storm could still lose the next 3

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well hopefully that puts to bed the fanciful top four talk for us.

We just have to win some games (especially Souths this week) and not lose momentum in the run to the finals - and then really turn up for (potentially) four finals games in a row, to avoid our early exit.
Only three actually. We can shit the bed in the grand final and still have played more games than anyone else this year. That's value for money.

That was bullshit. The ball sticks to his hand and goes up a bit but backwards. Then the warriors go over straight away. This could ruin my mad multi.

strider

Post Whore
So this thing where the half feeds the ball then takes off to the races to get the first pass 15m wide of the scrum, effectively trying to make an overlap.

I assume the defending half is allowed to also run away from the scrum with him?

Incorrect

Coach
So this thing where the half feeds the ball then takes off to the races to get the first pass 15m wide of the scrum, effectively trying to make an overlap.

I assume the defending half is allowed to also run away from the scrum with him?
I love the scrum play Kimmorley has had the Tigers using the past few weeks. 10 out from the tryline, scrum packs middle of the field and they get Douehi standing almost directly behind the scrum and he's able to decide which way to receive the ball, left or right depending on the defensive line. I don't think the "scrum" is considered an attacking player so you can't be pinged for a shepherd....

strider

Post Whore
I love the scrum play Kimmorley has had the Tigers using the past few weeks. 10 out from the tryline, scrum packs middle of the field and they get Douehi standing almost directly behind the scrum and he's able to decide which way to receive the ball, left or right depending on the defensive line. I don't think the "scrum" is considered an attacking player so you can't be pinged for a shepherd....
You cant use players in the scrum to obstruct ... penalties have been called for that ... as long as he receives it one side of the scrum he is sweet

Incorrect

Coach
You cant use players in the scrum to obstruct ... penalties have been called for that ... as long as he receives it one side of the scrum he is sweet
Yeah right, so perhaps that's why he stands, ever so slightly, behind and to the side of the packed scrum....

Incorrect

Coach
For all the money the Dogs invested in getting the likes of Burns, JAC and Dufty to the club, funny that cheap juniors like Shoupp and Kiraz have been probably their best performers (excl. JAC) as the season has progressed.

Gotta have faith in your youngsters sometimes. See if they think or thwim....

strider

Post Whore
Yeah right, so perhaps that's why he stands, ever so slightly, behind and to the side of the packed scrum....
He can stand behind em without the ball ... just gotta be clear when he gets it

Cool super secret move. Get the entire backline to stand behind the scrum, then all bolt a particular direction ..... just wanna hope you dont lose against the feed lol

Incorrect

Coach
JAC threatening to become more synonymous with intercept tries than the great Brett Kenny the way he's going this season... Fmd

the phantom menace

First Grade
Only three actually. We can shit the bed in the grand final and still have played more games than anyone else this year. That's value for money.
True, if we win the first three out of three, then at least we're in "the big dance"...
200.gif

But if facing anyone other than Penrith in the grand final, it seems they will mop us up sideways.

JokerEel

Coach
So this season West's Tigers have used

Ctown
Commbank
Leichdardt
Tamworth
Suncorp

As a home ground.. must be fun being a season ticket holder.

Latest posts