What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 14/8/21

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think its time to roll and dice and just lie all over them. If they give 6 agains so be it. Slow the game down our current plan of being disciplined and not giving 6 agains isnt working. Game is just too quick

Try the refs patience and try to unsettle the opposition couldnt do any worse. Refs have proven they wont give 20 six agains

Noise

Coach
BA gave absolutely nothing in that presser. He looked like a stunned mullet. If he survives he has to get fresh blood in for his assistants
Why is it always the assistants? The head coach tells them how he wants to play. The buck stops with him. Why should the assistants get the sack but the head coach gets spared? They are all f**king useless. When we get a new head coach we will get new assistants.

On reflection I feel really bad for calling for a bloke to lose his job. But I just don’t see anyway out of this. The killer is that I think BA Is a Parra man and he bleeds blue and gold but will he ever win us a comp? The answer is no. So how long do you then persevere with the status quo ?

he’s had 8 years. That’s a fair crack. Better coaches don’t get that many chances

Chipmunk

Coach
Why is it always the assistants? The head coach tells them how he wants to play. The buck stops with him. Why should the assistants get the sack but the head coach gets spared? They are all f**king useless. When we get a new head coach we will get new assistants.
You'd have to think these assistants are year to year contracts. Easy to punt to start.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Coaching 101 tells you to line up against the opposing winger full stop
No, it says you protect your inside shoulder. Given you want to get numbers into the tackle it means you need more defenders in the middle than attackers. That's why the edge defenders are closer to the centre of the field than their opposite numbers. This is true for all teams. Then when the ball shifts the middle defence needs to slide and the edge defenders either need to slide and hope the inside defenders can keep up with the attack, or they need to jam and stop the ball getting outside them, in which case the attacking centre/winger become the responsibility of the cover defence. Either way it's a footrace, and we're not going to win too many of those.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Just back from the game. That was honestly absolutely pathetic. I know they won’t do it, but I’d give BA the tap on the shoulder now. I’m thankful for the way he’s turned the club around but that was not anything close to an NRL standard performance tonight.

Avenger

Immortal
Just back from the game. That was honestly absolutely pathetic. I know they won’t do it, but I’d give BA the tap on the shoulder now. I’m thankful for the way he’s turned the club around but that was not anything close to an NRL standard performance tonight.
And by his own admission in the presser he has no answer. So please, just f**k off.

chiefy1

Juniors
And who's fault is that for not identifying a lack of pace out wide?

Its obvious that posters like Pau aren't going to backtrack on their beliefs, but deep down they realize that ba is a dead man walking. It's not confidence, it's not luck, it's a lack of coaching knowledge that translates through the team.
He's done.

Latest posts