What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2024: 8pm Eels v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 9th

Gherkin

Juniors
i hope whoever said Tago had been signed to the 30 next year had incorrect info. He has a go but isn’t first grade level. An edge of him, Talagi and Asi at the moment is diabolical

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Sorry mate, but are you kidding me?
14 points up with 7 minutes remaining, and we lose.
Don't start blaming individual's like Talagi. It's a team game and from our position of dominance we should never have lost that game.
No I’m not. I just watched the last ten mins again. Silly penalty by Penisini and a couple of ordinary tackles from Talagi. Fine margins. Like I said, great effort from a patched up side in a game we were paying $6 to win.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The team could have given their fans someone to be happy about in this shithouse season by defeating our western Sydney rivals against insurmountable odds. Instead they gave their fans false hope and shat the bed. I think that’s worse than getting thrashed.
I guess that all comes down to the individual on how they process the loss. I never thought we were safe. Certainly should’ve held on to the win, but I’ve seen this movie too many times before. Ultimately I don’t really care at this point. Decent effort. Roll on 2025.

Gronk

Staff member
No I’m not. I just watched the last ten mins again. Silly penalty by Penisini and a couple of ordinary tackles from Talagi. Fine margins. Like I said, great effort from a patched up side in a game we were paying $6 to win.
Yeah I had fun, considering we should have got wooped.

I get that people are disappointed, but take a glass of perspective with that chill pill guys.

Delboy

First Grade
We’ll time to reflect on the drive home
Disappointed not devastated

Smart teams take advantage of obvious weakness.

The 3 players with ordinary defence were line up on our left edge, Brown moving to the right steadied that side

Asi is hopeless at reading the opposition attack, Talagi can’t defend other than front on and not enough pace to chase across or back. Tago p is possibly the slowest winger playing NRL, so that last 10 minutes showed as the Riff spread the ball even inside their 10 metre line to expose that side.

Gutho didn’t deserve to be on the losing side but watching miss for the same position agst the Tigers, perhaps should have taken the tap,to try and win the game.

Hands, Matterson and Gutho were very good, Wiremu Grieg was nothing spewcial and was surprised when he came back on.

Would have been happy with a 2 point loss if told that would be the result prior to the game, not pleased with the way it went down.There’s a good team there but guess the 10 or so players missing from the top 26 couldn’t be covered.

A few tweaks and some speed will help , and the promotion of some younger players into the back end of the 30 and development deals is crucial.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Tonight is the perfect example of a capable side succumbing to a losing culture. Losing is a learnt practice

If I’m coaching and we’ve lost two in a row, my next game is treated as a final. Best 17, even if not completely fit, big build up, roster spots on the line

You break the cycle of losing and you open up the cycle of winning. I think coaching these days is far too cyclical and regimented. There’s not enough emphasis placed on just getting back to back wins.

Last edited:

Latest posts