What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2024: 8pm Eels v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 9th

I don’t need people replying to me. If I keep seeing a shit opinion I’ll keep explaining why it’s shit. It doesn’t matter if they’re replying to me or some other merkin. Surely by now you know how this works?
Vainity and delusion...

Selfie GIF by Eminem

lucablight

First Grade
Yes - my point exactly.

This team is barely NSW Cup standard.

And even NSW Cup defences are shit house.

Tago, Talagi, Lane, Doorey, Greig, Asi - they should all be playing Cup.

Not to mention the team is mentally shot after winning bugger-all games over 2 years.

Why anyone expected THIS team to hold on to a slim lead, is beyond me, tbh....
Couldn’t disagree more mate. It wasn’t a slim lead. It was a gigantic lead considering the amount of time remaining. We were in a virtually impossible to lose scenario. For reference Penrith were $26 in the head to head betting with 7 minutes to go. Any team taking the field in first grade should be able to stop the opposition from scoring 3 tries in 7 minutes. Especially given how well we’d played up until that point. It was a choke for the ages.

JokerEel

Coach
Now what was the penalty count......9 to Parramatta, 3 to Penrith.

Great game. Probably one the best games Parra has played this year. Penrith for 60 odd minutes going through the motions. Injuries during a game can do that to you.

One piece of advice. Don't let Parramatta footy team walk your dog, because they can't hold a lead.

Penrith better stop being so I'll disciplined, giving 9 penalties against a good side won't turn out too good.

We put 34 on you and have been terrible this year..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith better stop being so I'll disciplined, giving 9 penalties against a good side won't turn out too good.

We put 34 on you and have been terrible this year..
So terrible that we currently sit 2nd.

BTW I did amend my post, as it was (in my opinion a little too harsh).

Sorry, Currently under the influence. Surgery on Friday. Enough said.

JokerEel

Coach
So terrible that we currently sit 2nd.

BTW I did amend my post, as it was (in my opinion a little too harsh).

Sorry, Currently under the influence. Surgery on Friday. Enough said.

Awesome

Still doesn't really change the fact your team was ill disciplined.

Penalties
Errors
Dropped balls hitting the turf

TheRam

Coach
Yeah it's so shit the draw and schedule..

I go on a rant enough on it .

NRL has 2 options (20 team competition)

2 divisions play everyone in your division twice and the other division once. But that will make it almost a 30 game season.

Or

1 big division Just play everyone once

Or option 3. One big division. Play everyone once making that 19 rounds, but then comp breaks up into 5, four team divisions which would add 3 more rounds making it a 22 week regular season competition. ;)

Gronk

Staff member
219 replies in the game day thread vs Wahs (W)

473 replies in the game day thread vs Ruffs (L)

TheRam

Coach
well you're entitled to your conspiracy theory, please explain how the NRL controls these issues and in a split second

surely you're not suggesting this is a fact

I saw a great NFL exposé on exactly how the referee can and does control and altar the outcome and result of games in that sport to benefit the coopetition and in particular the betting market over there. It is very subtle but deliberate. Generally they don't allow the losing team the same intensity in the way they run the ball or defend. They keep pulling them up, but the preferred team that they wish to advance, they let them run roughshod over the other team with very little interference. It then allows the preferred team to grab the ascendency while the other team is stymied.

They showed example over example on this and when you see it pointed out it is quite obvious and pretty damning on that sport. Apparently this has become an issue over the last decade or so due to the massive and I mean massive gambling that is riding on sport over there.

I can't remember the exposé's title sorry, but it was based on a book that was written on the problem.

This is why I hope the Government(which it was mentioned this week in the news) looks into banning all advertising on sport at least. It is a real blight and I can't stand it. If it continues to go unchecked it will become a real problem for our sports here too like it has in the States.

There is no point burying our heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't go on. We would have to be total naive babies to think it doesn't. I'm not saying all games are rigged here. That's not what I am saying, but there may be the game here and there that weren't totally fairly and unbiasedly adjudicated. Who knows, right?

This is just my opinion and I have no evidence to prove anything. I'm just saying when you shake hands with the Devil, don't be to surprised if he goes for a reach around.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Couldn’t disagree more mate. It wasn’t a slim lead. It was a gigantic lead considering the amount of time remaining. We were in a virtually impossible to lose scenario. For reference Penrith were $26 in the head to head betting with 7 minutes to go. Any team taking the field in first grade should be able to stop the opposition from scoring 3 tries in 7 minutes. Especially given how well we’d played up until that point. It was a choke for the ages.

I don't agree at all.

This team has one bugger-all games over a 2-year period.

Penrith have won 3 straight Premierships, and are on their way to a fourth.

We had players in our team such as Talagi, Tago, and Greig, who are not First Graders, and we were missing our halfback (plus a myriad of other First Graders).

I just can't see how anyone expected this team to maintain that lead, when the gulf in class was so clear.

lucablight

First Grade
I don't agree at all.

This team has one bugger-all games over a 2-year period.

Penrith have won 3 straight Premierships, and are on their way to a fourth.

We had players in our team such as Talagi, Tago, and Greig, who are not First Graders, and we were missing our halfback (plus a myriad of other First Graders).

I just can't see how anyone expected this team to maintain that lead, when the gulf in class was so clear.
I think we’re all traumatised after following this team. Can’t blame you.

Latest posts