What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2024: 8pm Eels v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 9th

JokerEel

Coach
Or option 3. One big division. Play everyone once making that 19 rounds, but then comp breaks up into 5, four team divisions which would add 3 more rounds making it a 22 week regular season competition. ;)

But you just have 1 ladder?

If that's the case still isn't a true competition as the teams in your smaller division may be absolutely shit and easy wins while another team has strong sides and loses them all

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think we’re all traumatised after following this team. Can’t blame you.

They've done nothing, but let us down, for 40 years.

I knew we would find a way to lose.

Had we been in-form for a period of time, and playing well, then I would agree that it was a choke.

But, personally, I can't call it a choke when a team that has won barely ten games over 2 seasons, succumbs to the best team of the NRL era - a team that boasted Origin halves, an Origin winger, and several quality players all over the park.

I knew these boneheads would lose, but I enjoyed us making it a contest.

TheRam

Coach
But you just have 1 ladder?

If that's the case still isn't a true competition as the teams in your smaller division may be absolutely shit and easy wins while another team has strong sides and loses them all

Didn't say it was perfect. But this is what the NRL are looking at. They need at least 22 rounds so as they can still get top dollar for the TV rights.

What would be a better outcome is if they decided which teams go into each conference of 4, two or three weeks before those games are played. That way you could allocate a fairer spread in each conference due to standings at that point on the ladder and injuries. But I can't see them opting for that scenario due to wanting a longer lead in for who and where each game is played.

Gronk

Staff member
Or option 3. One big division. Play everyone once making that 19 rounds, but then comp breaks up into 5, four team divisions which would add 3 more rounds making it a 22 week regular season competition. ;)
Yeah Buzz Rothfield said that last week. I heard it too.

Gronk

Staff member
Blaize tripped Liam Martin, causing him to knock over Asi. According to the bunker and Analsely.

Blaize's fault.
Did the bunker actually formally review it ?

computer GIF

TheRam

Coach
Blaize tripped Liam Martin, causing him to knock over Asi. According to the bunker and Analsely.

Blaize's fault.

So Liam Martin as the lead runner steps on Talagi's foot as he's coming through and therefore unbalances himself and stumbles over into a defender in Asi who would of otherwise been covering the hole that Dane Laurie the player receiving the ball goes through. And they reckon it is Parra's fault in that Talagi took him out because his body for a split second faced Both Cleary and Liam which he has a right to do.

I thought you can't take out any defender that would have been in a position to make a fair tackle whether on the inside should or not you morons? Talagi was just standing his ground flat footed and facing Cleary who was the main threat with the ball in hand before he passed it. Then as soon as he passed Talagi turned outwards to Laurie the ball receiver and Liam then steps on Talagi's right foot and Liam then stumbles into Asi who would of filled the whole that was created ffs!

These guys are a massive blight on the game and a cruel joke to all RL supporters that have the misfortune of being at the wrong end of their decisions.

JokerEel

Coach
The NRL 🤣 didn't they pull up a try when Edwards was obstructed even though he was about a kilometre away from the play

eels_fan

First Grade
They are saying Talagi instigated the contact on Martin so therefore any result of that contact (ie the subsequent contact on Asi) is Talagi’s fault