What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Broncos LIVE GAME DAY thread 30/8/19

Gazzamatta

Coach
I am glad you can stay positive, i just can't and i haven't been impressed with the Broncos much this year like i said outside of a few exceptions and you probably just named them.

Just like the dogs last week, we were beaten by a side that are below us for a reason and we didn't turn up for enough of the matches, both games were there for the taking and we failed with poor errors and lack of respect.

Haas and Fafita, that is all the Broncos have imo. The rest of the team is average and those 2 make up for most of the other guys.

I do truly love your optimism though, your head is probably a much better place to be than mine.......who am i kidding, your head IS a much better place to be than mine. My weekend is completely ruined and i'm already having a panic attack about having to face people tomorrow.
Tell em to get fuc*ed Korny. Takes a special person to follow The Eels this past 34 years. Took us 34 seasons to win our first and now its been 34 seasons since our last. That said I certainly enjoyed 81,82,83 &86.

hindy111

Post Whore
Their salaries are also vastly different.

Cleary offered more in his first season. Cleary hasn't improved a whole stack but still takes some control.
I reckon D.Brown will improve heaps but I am not sure at present he is a great option. I think Salmon looked better, especialy his last 2 games. Started to look the part.

Delboy

First Grade
A top 6 finish again?
Excellent.
Sure, but we won't threaten the top 5, improvement Windows come around and they need action. Coming 6th is better than last year for certain, but seriously need to improve and the opportunity is there.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Cleary offered more in his first season. Cleary hasn't improved a whole stack but still takes some control.
I reckon D.Brown will improve heaps but I am not sure at present he is a great option. I think Salmon looked better, especialy his last 2 games. Started to look the part.
It’s a fair point. There’s probably not much between them at this stage but Drown is much younger so probably worth investing more time into.

IFR33K

Coach
I am glad you can stay positive, i just can't and i haven't been impressed with the Broncos much this year like i said outside of a few exceptions and you probably just named them.

Just like the dogs last week, we were beaten by a side that are below us for a reason and we didn't turn up for enough of the matches, both games were there for the taking and we failed with poor errors and lack of respect.

Haas and Fafita, that is all the Broncos have imo. The rest of the team is average and those 2 make up for most of the other guys.

I do truly love your optimism though, your head is probably a much better place to be than mine.......who am i kidding, your head IS a much better place to be than mine. My weekend is completely ruined and i'm already having a panic attack about having to face people tomorrow.

The broncos team is average apart from a few teenage forwards. Who’s their half partnering old man boyd? And a forward playing centre. We certainly aren’t going anywhere in the finals. I’m predicting a first game loss. That’ll mean BA will be 0-3 in September footy. He’ll end up rivalling Matt Elliot. (Zero wins in finals footy off memory).

hindy111

Post Whore
I genuinely believe Payne Haas will be the best prop any of us have ever seen.

Who the f**k regularly makes 150m+ and 35+ tackles at his age??

I didnt think he offered heaps tonight tbh. Evans outplayed him from what I saw.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s a fair point. There’s probably not much between them at this stage but Drown is much younger so probably worth investing more time into.

I'm talking now. Does Brown offer more then Salmon?
I started to like the look of Salmon in his last few games.

IFR33K

Coach
Tell em to get fuc*ed Korny. Takes a special person to follow The Eels this past 34 years. Took us 34 seasons to win our first and now its been 34 seasons since our last. That said I certainly enjoyed 81,82,83 &86.

I’m positive we’ll never see another.

hindy111

Post Whore
The broncos team is average apart from a few teenage forwards. Who’s their half partnering old man boyd? And a forward playing centre. We certainly aren’t going anywhere in the finals. I’m predicting a first game loss. That’ll mean BA will be 0-3 in September footy. He’ll end up rivalling Matt Elliot. (Zero wins in finals footy off memory).

Brisbane we can beat. Cant see us getting close to anyone else.

Noise

Coach
Much younger? Are you talking about Drown and Salmon? Isn’t drown 19 and Salmon 20?

Bazal

Post Whore
I didnt think he offered heaps tonight tbh. Evans outplayed him from what I saw.

Then you should probably open your eyes because he made 210m from 24 runs, and 51 f**king tackles with two misses.... People fap over Mahoney when he makes 50 with like 8 misses, this kid did way better and made 210 f**king run metres at prop!

He is an absolute certified beast.

hindy111

Post Whore
Then you should probably open your eyes because he made 210m from 24 runs, and 51 f**king tackles with two misses.... People fap over Mahoney when he makes 50 with like 8 misses, this kid did way better and made 210 f**king run metres at prop!

He is an absolute certified beast.

Fafita broke 15 tackles.
If Haas made 240mtrs of 24 runs id say great. 10mtrs a run. Just chalking up meters and tackles means nothing unless there damaging. Just usless numbers amd taking them off someone else. Fafita was 2 x as good tonight.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sure, but we won't threaten the top 5, improvement Windows come around and they need action. Coming 6th is better than last year for certain, but seriously need to improve and the opportunity is there.
It appears we are more careful with recruitment these days. Mennings has been saying he wanted to finalise his deal for weeks. Gower has said he will play elsewhere if not wanted at Parra. Taka remains unsigned. Im hopeful we are seriously considering these guys Eels futures. Like I believe we need new voices in our coaching I strongly believe new players can invigorate a team. Just have to get it right. Sadly some of our players dont hate losing as much as they should.