What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25 2023: Non Parra games (Daniel Anderson Rd)

JokerEel

Coach
He was uncontracted when he left us. Maybe he didn't want to play for anyone? Or he was just desperate to live back on the Gold Coast and now he commutes to Newcastle?

Or he left us went to Goldy for family reasons played for them then got offered to the Knights as a swap deal and they saw value in him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would love to get Pou's insight here on why one of the games top 5 wingers (on stats which you love) is a dud.
I didn't say he is a dud, I said he was a dud. But I always rated him in attack. Here's what I said about him in 2017:

Good point. Given his numbers in the NYC, Leleisiuao is probably NRL quality already in attack. How far away could he be in defence?
Leleisiuao, Aukafolau and Stone - the three unanimously tipped by us experts to have NRL potential.
Shows there's nothing wrong with Leleisiuao's attitude

By your own admission, you didn't even know when he joined the the Knights... and yet, you castigate people singing his praises...
I'm not castigating any merkin. I also sung his praises. Here's what I said about him in 2018:

Leleisiuao is a superior attacking player (he’s probably already Origin quality in attack) but as you imply, it’s a player’s defensive flaws that keep him out of first grade.

Meanwhile we're stuck with Sivo and some other chumps trying to find their way in first grade ...
Sivo was another merkin who took a long time to earn his NRL opportunity, presumably because of his flaws.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It doesn’t really matter what Wikipedia says. If he only needs to live on the Gold Coast when no other club wants him then family reasons are just family excuses.

JokerEel

Coach
It was just brought to my attention that Penrith wore thier home jersey against the Titans on the Gold Coast...

So why the heck are we wearing white again last weekend in Brisbane? Ffs

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was just brought to my attention that Penrith wore thier home jersey against the Titans on the Gold Coast...

So why the heck are we wearing white again last weekend in Brisbane? Ffs
Marketing/Merchandise more jerseys to sell.

I don't know but someone needs to tell the club to f... off the white jersey it's not our brand.

The most bizarre thing last year was we played Penrith as the away team 3 times last year we wore yellow twice and white once.

It makes no sense.