What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Cbus stadium 3/9/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oldfield is embarrassing. Not worth holding onto next year. He actively avoids tackling.
We have so many young blokes ready for the top 30 there's no room for him anyway. I'm wondering how we could fit Ferguson in. Wouldn't be too many teams with room for another top 17 player this close to 2022.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was a late purchase to give us coverage for the loss of Jennings FFS. There is a reason he hasnt been picked until the end of the season. Simple fact is that Penisini wasn't ready to step up if needed and we needed another outside back. No intention of holding onto him I reckon.
Yep, merkins carrying on like signing experienced backups is a bad idea.

Avenger

Immortal
He was a late purchase to give us coverage for the loss of Jennings FFS. There is a reason he hasnt been picked until the end of the season. Simple fact is that Penisini wasn't ready to step up if needed and we needed another outside back. No intention of holding onto him I reckon.
He’s still a shocking player. I wouldn’t pick him for any grade.

emjaycee

Coach
We won't know for sure until we see where we finish in the semis, but I reckon BA got what he wanted from tonight.
No injuries to key players.
Young players all getting FG experience.
Bigger minutes for Cartwright, Lane, Kaufusi, Fergo and MakaMakaToaToa.

Kornstar

Coach
Immediate thoughts;

Score is and was irrelevant.

First half was very good and the loss of Hipgrave and then Oregon was always going to hurt such an inexperienced team in the second half, especially when there were 2 backs on the bench.

Commentators really tossed themselves over some of the Panthers backline movements against a Flegg/Reserve grade defence. It was quite unbelievable to be honest.

Do we believe in having any speed in our young outside backs?

It doesn't matter but how the f**k do they call that last pass forward to end the match when the pass from To'o to Cleary was forward (albeit slightly) and they missed it?

Onto next week, if we don't beat the Knights then i don't think it is hyperbole to say that BA needs to be sacked.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He’s still a shocking player. I wouldn’t pick him for any grade.
I know he isn’t great. But don’t underestimate the value he adds (and Rankin) to our young NSW cup side. Plenty of young players and a cheapie with NRL experience, regularly playing with them helps….