What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd27 2023: Non Parra games - Parra has two byes > the bye..and goodbye

the phantom menace

First Grade
His departure was forced early for only one reason. To stop the noise.
To be fair (with no offence intended), I think that's utter assertion.

Not to say noise wasn't going on (because it undoubtedly was), but it doesn't take much to come up with a ton of reasons other than the noise that the release/new contract elsewhere was a good option for Jake, and also a good outcome for the club (and areas it thought it needed to devote money to instead) as the squad was underperforming at the time.

emjaycee

Coach
Can we make finals with this result or am I concussed
You are concussed.
At the start of the year, the points for the bye were applied at the end of the round in the NRL website ladder.
Sometime recently, it was shifted to the start of the round, so we have finished on 30 points from 12 wins (24) + 3 byes (6).
Raiders finish on 32 regardless of todays result.

Avenger

Immortal
Ladies and gentlemen..... Reed mahoney
He had a shit season. So did Papali’i. Both have gone down in the pecking order with their respective rep teams.

Despite our own poor season it is nothing compared to what the Dogs and Tigers dished up in 2023 and it will continue in 2024.

Deep down I am certain they both regret their respective moves.

JokerEel

Coach
It's good the Raiders have snuck into the 8 they will be happy with that and won't do a deep dive into them being absolutely shit..
Which means next year more of the same for them and probably worse.

Teams like Us South's and Cowboys will be the big improvers in 2024.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I don't think he makes enough difference. He certainly didn't improve the Bulldogs. In fact they got worse.

Sure,

Sometimes your a lot better fit in some systems (and stronger club) over others

Ado Carr and Brandon Smith as other examples. They played better in their previous clubs

Gazzamatta

Coach
It's good the Raiders have snuck into the 8 they will be happy with that and won't do a deep dive into them being absolutely shit..

With new coaches Im also expecting better Tits and Drags.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Do we make the 8 if Reed is still with us?

Do we make a shot for the top 4 even?
We pissed away 4 games on goal kicking alone. Reed wouldn't have changed a thing in those games.

Letting Reed go wasn't the issue it's who we replaced him with and lack of depth in that position.

Reed showed this year he wasn't worth the money the dogs are paying him.

He is out of his depth trying to be the main playmaker, his leadership has been found wanting, his defence will always be an issue due to his small frame.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Canberra wouldn't do a deep dive into anything.

Ricky is more protected by his board then BA is.

Ricky could coach for 20 years without another premiership down there and they will be no pressure on him.

Latest posts