What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: EELS v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 23/3/2023

hindy111

Post Whore
I might watch the Ch9 replay tonight. I will no doubt have to put up with Gus pulling himself over everything Pennys, but it will be worth it in the end. I wonder if the better side won ? Probably not.

TBH I think that Pennys played the right sort of the game fir us last night. As much as there was a bit of grub about, our play the ball speeds were ok. Both Storm and Sharks spoiled the shit out of the ruck and I reckon that’s how you frustrate us into errors.

Agree with everyone, how do you stop Pennys in their tackle 2 and 3 plays or how do we replicate that ?

The better side won. We where the better side.
Gould carried on about Moses and his 5yrs. Repeated it 4 or 5 times

Soto

Bench
So we need Makatoa, wiremu and Murchie to play out of their skin next 2 weeks.
Wiremu is getting better each week.
Makatoa I'm warming a bit more to.
I'd be starting him next week. Tell him to go hard for 20-25. Rotation next week will be ever more so important.
Really do wonder if hopgood didn't cop HIA would Doorey (who im a big fan of) have even come on the field?
Top win last night. Hands down best win of the season for us 😀

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr a bit stiff for mine, I thought the guy ducked into it, was hoping for a fine.

Watched the game again this morning while working, one thing that stood out was how good our bench was last night compared to the first 3 games and considerably more balance with Hands on the bench, he was very good for his debut.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah what a fuwkit
The only point he really pissed me off last night was he kept waffling on about some nothing Penrith point while Sivo did he superb dropout recovery.
I actually agreed with his points about how we need to approach the rest of season. Although to do so he did compare to what HE did at the Roosters

hindy111

Post Whore
I'll leave it for others to respond to that, however he shut down a lot of raids. He did the same thing last week. I am not defending his brain fart fumbles or giving away penalties BTW.

If the majority disagree, then you will be right I guess.

Agree. They went after him

hindy111

Post Whore
To be fair to Cleary, he kicked his from 40m out, with losing repercussions if he missed.

Moses kicked his from 25m out, and we still had a chance of he missed.

43 mtrs and 10 mtrs off centre. It was a wild kick really. Penrith didn't panic at all that last 10 mins.

I've did this before. And even thou it was a freak ending when we handed the ball over best is to lay on them and give a penalty in the 2nd tackle. By time they get back and kick for touch they are lucky to get 2 hit ups.
Storm do it all the time. It's smart.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It feels good coming into work the next day after a victory.

What a win, a relieiving one too after going into last night 0 and 3. I was little bit confident going into last nights game as a I feel the boys wanted revenge after the GF loss, Penrith arent going great and also Moses re-signing.

But just when Cleary kicks that field goal, I thought surely we cant blow this again. Thankfully for that Kenny penalty, and RCG's hit ups, Moses sealed the win.

Thats' 4 games in a row its come down the wire so we're definitely right in the contest but a few things improved. That win will certainly help the side get the confidence back, I thought we played a lot better than the previous games and barely gave up in defense.

Great to see Matto back, we definitely missed him with his runs and defense.

What a game by RCG, his hit ups, defense and aggression is what got us in great field position for that field goal.

And what a debut from Hands. Great backing up with that try. Well done to the kid. He'll definitely be there for the rest of the season.

Shame about Paulo, we'll definitely miss him for a few weeks but I'm confident Makatoa and Greig will step up, theyve been getting better each week.

84 Baby

Referee
So because it ended up a penalty, Sivo didn’t have a single recorded tackle attempt.

TO’O NOT STAYING ON HIS WING!