What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: EELS v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 23/3/2023

84 Baby

Referee
I just hate the way he carries on, gushing, I think he is the bloke Roy & HG are taking the piss out of when they highlight the mediocre, and make the important mediocre..Hate watching a game when he commentates...especially when he is alongside Steve Roach...Warren Smith, Matt Russell are my favourite callers on Fox, while I enjoyed David (Thirsty) Morrow on ABC - and I had the pleasure of joining him on air in a live broadcast in 2011...
Always so negative about him! What a whiner

84 Baby

Referee
You're missing the point.

Watch it again. It was lazy by the whole team. They ran the ball on tackle 5, there was no slide. The whole team was in a bunch. Matterson and Carty fell for the decoy. Then Brown went for something in between a ball slap down and an intercept. Brown didn't trust Carty to take Chinboy. Brown should have nailed the 19. That left Waqa marking the 19 running a cut back line, the sweeping fullback with his hands out in front AND Crighton.

View attachment 71634

Yes middles should have shifted laterally, but in that play Yeo cock blocks Makka (?) and Fisher-Harris runs through the line and f**ks with Matto. It was a very good try and had nothing to do with Waqa.

View attachment 71635
Seriously… why are trying to use this in defence of Waqa?

hindy111

Post Whore
OK I JUST TALKED TO DAD - Here is his report.

Great game. Best game I have seen in a long time.
Sivo was excellent. Some of those kicks he took. Waqa and Gutherson also took some important ones under pressure at key moments.

Penriths first try. The pass was forward. Unsure how they missed it.
Why where they carrying on how great Turuvas catches where. Yeah he took 20 of them but there was nobody within 20 of him. There was no pressure and easy catches. Id expect anyone in NRL to catch them.

I don't like him as a player, I think he is hopeless but to be fair Simmonson had a great game. Had a real dig and impressed me.
Dylan Brown bar the grubber done nothing. Hodgson is only good for 25 then looks puffed.
Matterson is our best forward if include attack and defense. He made a huge difference especially in defense. But his carries where great.
Waqa was ok. They went after him and he shut most of it down. Hopgood is an upgrade on Marata in attack. He causes defenses heaps of trouble but they need a nippy hooker to be sniffing around. Hodgson is an old man. He passes the ball amd stands still. Needs to be supporting the offloads and link.
Bryce again very good. Be interesting what he does when Lane is back but he isnt doing stupid passes and having a real dig.
Moses field goal was great under pressure. But when Nathan took his why didn't they have their fastest guys 10mtrs back and already sprinting so once the taps taken they are at full speed hitting the line not a standing start. They gave him to much time.

Penrith are not the same side as last year. Nobody will fear them. Yeo and Cleary kept them in it. Luai just dances around and goes nowhere. He's useless.

parra pete

Referee
OK I JUST TALKED TO DAD - Here is his report.

Great game. Best game I have seen in a long time.
Sivo was excellent. Some of those kicks he took. Waqa and Gutherson also took some important ones under pressure at key moments.

Penriths first try. The pass was forward. Unsure how they missed it.
Why where they carrying on how great Turuvas catches where. Yeah he took 20 of them but there was nobody within 20 of him. There was no pressure and easy catches. Id expect anyone in NRL to catch them.

I don't like him as a player, I think he is hopeless but to be fair Simmonson had a great game. Had a real dig and impressed me.
Dylan Brown bar the grubber done nothing. Hodgson is only good for 25 then looks puffed.
Matterson is our best forward if include attack and defense. He made a huge difference especially in defense. But his carries where great.
Waqa was ok. They went after him and he shut most of it down. Hopgood is an upgrade on Marata in attack. He causes defenses heaps of trouble but they need a nippy hooker to be sniffing around. Hodgson is an old man. He passes the ball amd stands still. Needs to be supporting the offloads and link.
Bryce again very good. Be interesting what he does when Lane is back but he isnt doing stupid passes and having a real dig.
Moses field goal was great under pressure. But when Nathan took his why didn't they have their fastest guys 10mtrs back and already sprinting so once the taps taken they are at full speed hitting the line not a standing start. They gave him to much time.

Penrith are not the same side as last year. Nobody will fear them. Yeo and Cleary kept them in it. Luai just dances around and goes nowhere. He's useless.
Liked your dad's summation Hindy...can see where you get your passion from. Hope your dad is keeping well...Cherish your father, enjoy being around him..We don't know what we have until they're gone...

hindy111

Post Whore
Liked your dad's summation Hindy...can see where you get your passion from. Hope your dad is keeping well...Cherish your father, enjoy being around him..We don't know what we have until they're gone...

He turns 80 this year. We are taking him to all can eat buffet. $25 a head.

84 Baby

Referee
and I use the switch whenever he is 'commentating'....or should I say "gushing"...
And here I was thinking you were just hypocritical when you said hiney doesn’t support the club. Did your best friend “David “Thirsty” Morrow” have to wear a raincoat when you drowned him with self-diddling gushes?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I posted before. He made 7 tackles, 4 missed and 2 ineffective. As bad as it gets. That's a tackle efficiency of 53%. I don't think I've ever seen a player get lower than that in 80 minutes. He was responsible for a heap of their attacking raids.
He has been getting worse since a very solid 2021. His fantasy points (a solid indicator of overall contribution) have gone down the shitter. He amassed 7 points in 83 minutes last night.

Latest posts