What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5 2024: 615pm Eels v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ GIO Stadium April 7th

84 Baby

Referee
Dogs where woefull against us and we had so much ball. A scrappy win. A good side wins by 50.
Get off this shit. It was this f**king attitude that was part of the problem last week.
I’ll take 50 one point wins over 1 fifty point win. You play the game you’re actually in, not the one you thought might happen.
A good side wins. That is all.
Last night we had plays break down that I thought were ok because we did the right thing, just Canberra also did the right thing, but comparatively I was shitted off because then we throw a premeditated pass that was a bees dick of being a try at the other end, instead Sivo strolls over because Schiller just didn’t attack it hard enough.

JokerEel

Coach
Sanders has been tremendously disappointing in cup. I know that he's only played a handful of games in senior footy, but I think everyone expected him to take to it like a duck to water.

This is because we are 0-5 in CUP which we have all been told by our expert that wins don't matter in CUP or Flegg...

The club needs blowing up from HOF to the Flegg coaching staff...

When you have the Flegg coach saying that players were rushed up to CUP to soon shows that their is a disconnect at the club.

JokerEel

Coach
Get off this shit. It was this f**king attitude that was part of the problem last week.
I’ll take 50 one point wins over 1 fifty point win. You play the game you’re actually in, not the one you thought might happen.
A good side wins. That is all.
Last night we had plays break down that I thought were ok because we did the right thing, just Canberra also did the right thing, but comparatively I was shitted off because then we throw a premeditated pass that was a bees dick of being a try at the other end, instead Sivo strolls over because Schiller just didn’t attack it hard enough.

Yeah not sure how anyone that watches the NRL can say we should have won round 1 by 50....

No team comes out and Performs poorly in round 1.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah not sure how anyone that watches the NRL can say we should have won round 1 by 50....

No team comes out and Performs poorly in round 1.
And no team is “good” enough to score 50, it’s the opposition who were bad enough to concede it. Does anyone think Canberra are now title contenders because they put 40 on us?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Let’s state the blindingly obvious.
The roster is severely unbalanced and in no way reflects the current NRL, with no top speed in the backs and even worse no depth.
The recruitment team have more than dropped the ball, they havent even found it.
Merkins have been saying we need some decent backs for 2/3 years and have been delivered Harper, no reflection on him personally, more on that somehow he was the choice.
As a club we used to pride ourselves on depth, since ONeil and zRogers have had the reins of recruitment, it has got progressively worse.
How they hold their jobs with little comment from the media is astounding, and the coach has to take some of the blame too.

Every team opposed to us attacks from inside their own half and wide, as we have no ability to counter. Even the Dogs tried that, but failed as their forwards were dominated.

Too many words , but the club has to take a stand on what has happened and not assume it will get better, it won’t while the current staff are holding the reins , that includes the structure of recruitment immediate,y.
I read regularly that we have recruited young players from Qld and far and wide. Only just the other day it was mentioned we have signed a young fullback from Qld who looks a prospect. Then there are the 2 speedsters we plucked from Wests who havent pulled on a boot through injury. We keep bringing these hand picked kids to our club but rarely do they improve our teams. Maybe thats what being a development club is all about? Put all your resources into having a production line of juniors from anywhere we can find them then develop them into future NRL positions.
My question is, once we get them do we have the mentors to truly develop them into what we expect them to become. This is why I dont see someone like Cayless and our "one club" defensive and chase the collision culture working to our advantage.

Gazzamatta

Coach
People are always scared of change.

But change is refreshing.

We need a fresh set of eyes in a lot of different areas of our football department.

The best thing that could have happened was the Tigers taking back MON last year.

It would have forced a few changes in the football department that we desperately need.
I said this probably 5 years ago. Change is good and should be welcomed not be fearful of. Our 3 grades have 2 wins from 15. If that isnt a message nothing is.

Gronk

Staff member
This is because we are 0-5 in CUP which we have all been told by our expert that wins don't matter in CUP or Flegg...

The club needs blowing up from HOF to the Flegg coaching staff...

When you have the Flegg coach saying that players were rushed up to CUP to soon shows that their is a disconnect at the club.

I am not going to argue about the cup squad, it was very inexperienced or just shit in spots yesterday.

I am a little surprised that you are holding Sanders blameless for his own form this year but.

JokerEel

Coach
I am not going to argue about the cup squad, it was very inexperienced or just shit in spots yesterday.

I am a little surprised that you are holding Sanders blameless for his own form this year but.

They have all been shit...

Though he and MA have shown some spark in attack.

What do you think expect from a 19 year old who has a coach in CUP that has NFI.

They are playing like our first grade squad with no idea in attack.

Blaize didn't show anything in his first 2 games at fullback in CUP but gets promoted to center in the NRL.

But supercoach won't give Sanders a go in the NRL .....

JokerEel

Coach
And no team is “good” enough to score 50, it’s the opposition who were bad enough to concede it. Does anyone think Canberra are now title contenders because they put 40 on us?

Well Canberra are more of a title contender after 5 rounds than us we are horrible at the moment.

Gazzamatta

Coach
60's on TCT reckons Sanders and everyone shifts across, with Sivo the loser.

His reasoning is that maybe having a real halfback, will shock the f**kers into some sort of a regroup. I am not adverse to this, but Sanders not been that guy in cup. The opposite actually. What choice do we have right now ?
Maybe hes worth a go. Personally I reckon Asi did an ok job previously so he deserves a shot.
I listened to TCTs Poddy last night. They were refreshingly disappointed. They also never mentioned Boods Arthur not even once. Thats a first. I sensed they are starting to see the writing on the wall as we all are. They were as gutted as the rest of us.
I reckon Holbrook could/should eventually get the gig and Id chase Peter Wallace as his assistant.
New ideas definitely needed or the merry go round will go around forever.

JokerEel

Coach
Maybe hes worth a go. Personally I reckon Asi did an ok job previously so he deserves a shot.
I listened to TCTs Poddy last night. They were refreshingly disappointed. They also never mentioned Boods Arthur not even once. Thats a first. I sensed they are starting to see the writing on the wall as we all are. They were as gutted as the rest of us.
I reckon Holbrook could/should eventually get the gig and Id chase Peter Wallace as his assistant.
New ideas definitely needed or the merry go round will go around forever.

I would even Chase Luke Burt as one of the coaches make him an assistant coach as well as well as Development/Pathways coach

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am still blown away that BA thinks the 'effort' was good last night. 40 points put on you, 38 missed tackles, 18 ineffective tackles, 77% completions. Good effort boys.
No first grade side gets 40 put on them if the effort was there.

That canberra side is mid-table at best we made them look like a top 4 side last night.

BA called them out last week as soft and that was the response he got.

As someone on here said last night he obviously felt he couldn't double down it would look embarrassing on his part even though he should have.

He looked like a man that was lost for answers and clueless on what to do with moses off for another 2 months.

Gronk

Staff member
They have all been shit...

Though he and MA have shown some spark in attack.

What do you think expect from a 19 year old who has a coach in CUP that has NFI.

They are playing like our first grade squad with no idea in attack.

Blaize didn't show anything in his first 2 games at fullback in CUP but gets promoted to center in the NRL.

But supercoach won't give Sanders a go in the NRL .....
Nah. In his game vs Dogs for example he ran for 150m+, 66PCM, 3 tackle breaks, 2 TA, 2 LBA and had 35 receipts. Sanders was half and he only had 32 receipts. Sanders has not come close to grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck like Blaize and MA have done at times.

JokerEel

Coach
Nah. In his game vs Dogs for example he ran for 150m+, 66PCM, 3 tackle breaks, 2 TA, 2 LBA and had 35 receipts. Sanders was half and he only had 32 receipts. Sanders has not come close to grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck like Blaize and MA have done at times.

So you didn't watch the game? Just go on stats cool cool

Let me make your point mean even less...

1000001086.png

Gazzamatta

Coach
Its why I want Turuva even more than Lomax.
I watched him closely last match. Hes started to do that hop and skip b4 the defensive line and as such isnt as effective. Needs closer watching cause we already have too many of the hop and skip brigade.
Lets face it. An expensive player would be totally wasted the way we continue to play footy. Get an Iro or a Schiller or two or three and save money. Weve already given Lomax permission to box ffs.