What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5 2024: 615pm Eels v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ GIO Stadium April 7th

Legal Eel

Juniors
Or they're just getting old.

These are the team's leaders. They drive the standards in the playing group and some of them have more influence than the coach, which is how they are able to have coaches sacked or their contracts extended. Even Bennett acknowledged this.
Here it comes - the clown prince of apologist arguments….”coaches are irrelevant”.

Most modern coaches adhere to similar setups and philosophies - as is evidenced by the musical chairs game of assistants every year. This is how someone like Brad Arthur can last so long at a club like parra - to be mediocre or competent just requires you to be able to paint by numbers and have a decent squad.

but go through the premiership winning coaches of the past 50 years and there are no accidents - it is always the coaches who know how to get that little bit extra from their players or who know exactly where and how to strengthen or adapt their roster.

it is not a toss of the coin or bad luck - that is defeatist.

Brad is a decent coach and has assembled a decent squad - but his inability to recognise or rectify the deficiencies in this squad has been evident for a few years now.

I suppose it depends on what your definition of success is - for you this is probably success.

nearly all rugby league people would look at the resources and squads at his disposal for many years and say that one premiership was a requirement.

This year is gone already - they may fight back and string some wins and qualify for finals, but they don’t have the mentality to be winning comps.

We don’t know if the next person can do it, but we know Brad Arthur can’t

Legal Eel

Juniors
He was wearing some sort of a brace last night around his knee. If you go to play-by-play at the below link and watch this try, the f**ker can hardly run.

AND before the usual suspects start accusing me of excuses, I yell at Sivo at games too. But he really shouldn’t be playing IMHO. We should have a long list of rookie flyers as next man up, but the cupboard is bare.

View attachment 86332
All of that is true - so who would you say is responsible for those roster inadequacies and the fact Sivo was selected last night after being “busted” the week before?

not the coaching staff right?

what about the fact that this has been the situation in our three quarter line for three years?

Gronk

Staff member
All of that is true - so who would you say is responsible for those roster inadequacies and the fact Sivo was selected last night after being “busted” the week before?

not the coaching staff right?

what about the fact that this has been the situation in our three quarter line for three years?
Sorry, google translate doesn’t have a sarcasm option.

What point are you trying to make that I didn’t ?

Legal Eel

Juniors
Sorry, google translate doesn’t have a sarcasm option.

What point are you trying to make that I didn’t ?

How is it that you don't see our roster inadequacies and our chronically poor defensive edges as a failure of coaching or planning?

Cue more insults and evasion of the topic at hand.

Gronk

Staff member
How is it that you don't see our roster inadequacies and our chronically poor defensive edges as a failure of coaching or planning?

Cue more insults and evasion of the topic at hand.
All I see is you picking fights again. Why ?

Legal Eel

Juniors
All I see is you picking fights again. Why ?
It is unfathomable that people who supposedly watch so much rugby league can't see that the coach needs changing.

Pou and yourself can't be that stupid in real life....it has to be trolling.

Oh well, at least I see you are managing workloads - you take the morning shift and relieve him for a few hours.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
I wouldn’t. We definitely need a change, but we have been a better team during his tenure than we were for the period beforehand.

He has improved us, but we need someone who can take us to the next level. The last couple of years have been disappointing.
The club still won’t have the balls to sack him.

Gronk

Staff member
It is unfathomable that people who supposedly watch so much rugby league can't see that the coach needs changing.

Pou and yourself can't be that stupid in real life....it has to be trolling.

Oh well, at least I see you are managing workloads - you take the morning shift and relive him for a few hours.

This is like I’m peacefully buying a kebab after a big night and some twit is trying really hard to start a fight.

Chilli sauce, thanks.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Unfortunately, the next six weeks play out fairly predictably if you are a parramatta fan:

1) We put up a valiant performance against the cowboys but go down narrowly- possibly to bad officiating....BA says how proud he is of the response from the boys after last week;

2) We knock off the Dolphins in Darwin - everyone is shocked that we beat a Queensland team up there and says we may have turned a corner;

3) We get hammered at Brookvale and our edges get destroyed - the apologists claim it was "just one of those nights" and "Penrith got beaten at Brookvale as well";

4) Bye round - the boys have a week off training to freshen up and are looking forward to getting back into it;

5) we fight hard against the Broncos but they run away to win by 14-16 in the last twenty minutes - the apologists claim that better teams than us will lose to the Broncos this year and we just don't have the resources to compete;

6) We get beaten by 20 by Melbourne in Magic Round - the line is that it wasn't as bad as 5 years ago - rumblings about BA in the media but the club says that it is impossible to judge Brad because of the injuries and circumstances of the past 18 months - he has done the best he could in all circumstances....unlike with other clubs, you can absolutely believe he has the full support of the board.

Gee I hope that this is pain talking and I am spectacularly wrong.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
He was wearing some sort of a brace last night around his knee. If you go to play-by-play at the below link and watch this try, the f**ker can hardly run.

AND before the usual suspects start accusing me of excuses, I yell at Sivo at games too. But he really shouldn’t be playing IMHO. We should have a long list of rookie flyers as next man up, but the cupboard is bare.

View attachment 86332
Bailey on the wing, Harper at centre. Like in round 1 when sivo was also unavailable. It the best we can do. Sivo is not having a dig.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I have been really disappointed with Russell as well these past 2 weeks. He started the season terrificly but has been a non event recently. Much the same as Penisini. Cant believe how important Carty has become to our team.
They haven't had any quality on that side of the park since Moses has got injured.

Delboy

First Grade
Let’s state the blindingly obvious.
The roster is severely unbalanced and in no way reflects the current NRL, with no top speed in the backs and even worse no depth.
The recruitment team have more than dropped the ball, they havent even found it.
Merkins have been saying we need some decent backs for 2/3 years and have been delivered Harper, no reflection on him personally, more on that somehow he was the choice.
As a club we used to pride ourselves on depth, since ONeil and zRogers have had the reins of recruitment, it has got progressively worse.
How they hold their jobs with little comment from the media is astounding, and the coach has to take some of the blame too.

Every team opposed to us attacks from inside their own half and wide, as we have no ability to counter. Even the Dogs tried that, but failed as their forwards were dominated.

Too many words , but the club has to take a stand on what has happened and not assume it will get better, it won’t while the current staff are holding the reins , that includes the structure of recruitment immediate,y.

King-Gutho94

Coach
7 days ago before the Tigers game we were a 16 point victory away from being on top of the ladder.

Now were sitting in 14th with the a shit F/A.

Last night was expected not the scoreline but i think a loss was marked down on the calendar the moment Moses went down.

Its why games like last week when some on here shrugged off as its just round 4 was absolutely ridiculous.

Tigers at home was a gimme to get the No Moses period off on the right foot and steady the ship at the start.

We needed to bank in the winnable Commbank games as wins while Moses was away and if we scraped a win or 2 on the road then that was going to be bonus.

We are 1 game behind where we should be in the scheme of things. But i reckon mentally now we are miles off the pace. We are as good 2/3 wins behind the 8-ball now.

The most concerning part of last night was some of the efforts from some our of most experienced players its like its already got in too hard basket and its only round 5.

But our effort was there according to the coach.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Let’s state the blindingly obvious.
The roster is severely unbalanced and in no way reflects the current NRL, with no top speed in the backs and even worse no depth.
The recruitment team have more than dropped the ball, they havent even found it.
Merkins have been saying we need some decent backs for 2/3 years and have been delivered Harper, no reflection on him personally, more on that somehow he was the choice.
As a club we used to pride ourselves on depth, since ONeil and zRogers have had the reins of recruitment, it has got progressively worse.
How they hold their jobs with little comment from the media is astounding, and the coach has to take some of the blame too.

Every team opposed to us attacks from inside their own half and wide, as we have no ability to counter. Even the Dogs tried that, but failed as their forwards were dominated.

Too many words , but the club has to take a stand on what has happened and not assume it will get better, it won’t while the current staff are holding the reins , that includes the structure of recruitment immediate,y.
People are always scared of change.

But change is refreshing.

We need a fresh set of eyes in a lot of different areas of our football department.

The best thing that could have happened was the Tigers taking back MON last year.

It would have forced a few changes in the football department that we desperately need.

Legal Eel

Juniors
7 days ago before the Tigers game we were a 16 point victory away from being on top of the ladder.

Now were sitting in 14th with the a shit F/A.

Last night was expected not the scoreline but i think a loss was marked down on the calendar the moment Moses went down.

Its why games like last week when some on here shrugged off as its just round 4 was absolutely ridiculous.

Tigers at home was a gimme to get the No Moses period off on the right foot and steady the ship at the start.

We needed to bank in the winnable Commbank games as wins while Moses was away and if we scraped a win or 2 on the road then that was going to be bonus.

We are 1 game behind where we should be in the scheme of things. But i reckon mentally now we are miles off the pace. We are as good 2/3 wins behind the 8-ball now.

The most concerning part of last night was some of the efforts from some our of most experienced players its like its already got in too hard basket and its only round 5.

But our effort was there according to the coach.
This take is dead on.

Last week was actually the disaster - this week is the fallout.

Latest posts