What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6 2024: 530pm Eels v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Apr 13th

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’ve been hamming it up a bit to shit stir Avenger but I still think he’s average. Can’t fault his effort tonight though. It wasn’t pretty, but it was pretty effective.
Fair call Gaz. I feel he’s been an easy target here but for the money he’s on, he’s easily punching overs. Like I said earlier, if he’s happy with the wage (which I’m assuming he’s on), he’s a tremendous backup to have. The same goes for Offa. Easy target on here but fairly solid for mine.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Saw Payten's presser.

Lara grilled him but gee he is a poor man's BA.

No way that Cowboys team with 7 origin players & 9 players with rep experience should have lost that.

If your a cows fan your shaking head losing that game seriously.

If we were the Cows tonight this forum would be blowing up deluxe.

JokerEel

Coach
Saw Payten's presser.

Lara grilled him but gee he is a poor man's BA.

No way that Cowboys team with 7 origin players & 9 players with rep experience should have lost that.

If your a cows fan your shaking head losing that game seriously.

If we were the Cows tonight this forum would be blowing up deluxe.

Payten is a shit coach. Have a look at the Cowboys schedule so far and then after our game have a look at it .. if they are not leading the competition they are a joke.

They have played 2 good teams and lost this year they will make the semis but go out in straight sets.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Credit to BA... for:

a) selecting the correct pack with Ofa and Hopgood starting (like in the first two rounds)

b) using the bench rotations sensibly, and getting guys off the park at the right time and before it's too late - i.e. Ofa off at 20min, RCG at 30min, Hopgood at 30-35min, Paulo after his 40min split by half time, Matterson off whenever he's not value adding.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Credit to BA... for:

a) selecting the correct pack with Ofa and Hopgood starting (like in the first two rounds)

b) using the bench rotations sensibly, and getting guys off the park at the right time and before it's too late - i.e. Ofa off at 20min, RCG at 30min, Hopgood at 30-35min, Paulo after his 40min split by half time, Matterson off whenever he's not value adding.
Agreed. I’ve just donned the flak jacket and I feel like I’m that fella in The Hurt Locker in the bomb proof jacket… BUT… BA did well today with his subs.

Soto

Bench
He still gets caught out sometimes but I’m liking what I see from Russel. Always gives 100% and seems to be slowly improving each week. Looking forward to watching his combination continue to develop with Penisini
With Lomax. Penisini and Simonsson will be together on the left

Soto

Bench
On the line from the replay, but it was like the quickest one look shot that wasn't a close up that was shown, so may have had a foot just in front. f**k all in it, smart play, poor attention to detail
I really hope that's checked every time.
The fact Cowboys knocked it back should've meant everyone's now on.
I saw a try last week where a player from the attacking team was offside from an attacking kick but then put "onside" by a teammate...just BS some of these decisions..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair call Gaz. I feel he’s been an easy target here but for the money he’s on, he’s easily punching overs. Like I said earlier, if he’s happy with the wage (which I’m assuming he’s on), he’s a tremendous backup to have. The same goes for Offa. Easy target on here but fairly solid for mine.
Harper wouldn’t be on much more than minimum but Ofahengaue won’t be cheap.