What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parra v Canberra LIVE game day thread

Jettisoned implies deliberately letting go and I don't believe that's at all the case with Paulo.

Would you have matched the Raiders offer for Paulo under the old cap?. He was signed for massive overs under a 7 million cap and we weren't going to tie up nearly ten percent of ours on a prop. Probably good, given we were over the cap at the time.

As for Pauli, how has he been going since he left? It's no use having big players if they suck.

He's also brought in Vave, Evans and Williams in that time. Had a punt on Willis Meehan, the largest human ever. Was a bees dick off signing Vaughan before the Dragons doubled our offer and we couldn't compete. Made an offer to McLean....

We made a conscious decision not to match their offer for Paulo. It wasn't accidental. We weighed up the pros and cons, and said 'see ya'. jThat as a singular decision is not necessarily a big problem. Replacing NRL starting quality front rowers with fringe players (Vave....fair enough...cheap, Evans.....f**k me dead) is rolling the dice....and we didn't get snake eyes.

If we just can't match other clubs offers for quality forwards.....don't re-sign Wonder-f**king-boy. There goes at least half a million.

Do you reckon our pack is better or worse than it was 3 years ago?

Just watched a bit of the replay again and our team looks so unfit. And the lack of discipline and giving away of penalties has to do with our fitness levels being so poor. We can’t keep up, so we give away penaties. That coincides with the new trainer and our off season.

Who’s decision was it bring an AFL trainer??

Noise

Coach
i think the season is gone now

ok theoretically we could go on a winning streak and win 5 in a row but think about the massive for and against deficit we have

I also think the season is gone now.

If we did win 5 in a row (not going to happen) our for and against would improve significantly

Bazal

Post Whore
We made a conscious decision not to match their offer for Paulo. It wasn't accidental. We weighed up the pros and cons, and said 'see ya'. jThat as a singular decision is not necessarily a big problem. Replacing NRL starting quality front rowers with fringe players (Vave....fair enough...cheap, Evans.....f**k me dead) is rolling the dice....and we didn't get snake eyes.

If we just can't match other clubs offers for quality forwards.....don't re-sign Wonder-f**king-boy. There goes at least half a million.

Do you reckon our pack is better or worse than it was 3 years ago?

I think it's about the same....

I think we've had the balance one or two players off being right for a long time now.

strider

Post Whore
Just watched a bit of the replay again and our team looks so unfit. And the lack of discipline and giving away of penalties has to do with our fitness levels being so poor. We can’t keep up, so we give away penaties. That coincides with the new trainer and our off season.

Who’s decision was it bring an AFL trainer??
I think it was Spags recommendation

*snigger snigger*

Kornstar

Coach
I think it was Spags recommendation

*snigger snigger*

Seriously though, where is panthers111 and the like who were f**king smashing us for having Ronnie Palmer on the staff and how shit our fitness was and now comparing that to the Tigers this year with him and they are about to win their 5th game and they probably should be undefeated (with either a draw or a win against the Broncos)........

Why did we get rid of Ronnie anyways?

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Is it time for the club to sit Tepai out for a month.

He seems to be getting concussed every week and goes off for a HIA weekly.

Any major contact he is coming out of it very dazed

But plays again next week. Surely this is becoming a serious issue for the club.

Noise

Coach
Is there something wrong with Tepais technique? He seems to get an abnormally high number of bad concussions

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Tigers are carving up this season with a donkey squad,shows how bad of a coach Brad Arthur is that Cleary can win games with those donkeys

Noise

Coach
How good is the crowd going to be at ANZ next week? We only got 10K against local rivals Penrith . With our form getting worse, manly getting flogged and their fans refusing to travel we may get less than 10,000

Kornstar

Coach
How good is the crowd going to be at ANZ next week? We only got 10K against local rivals Penrith . With our form getting worse, manly getting flogged and their fans refusing to travel we may get less than 10,000

Says more about Panthers fans than ours though. They've lost one game and couldn't travel up the M4 to see their team beat the worst team in the competition and then today at home they get 11k. f**king embarrassing!

But yeah i would suggest about 6k next week and we deserve it. I'll be there though.

Incorrect

Coach
Is it time for the club to sit Tepai out for a month.

He seems to be getting concussed every week and goes off for a HIA weekly.

Any major contact he is coming out of it very dazed

But plays again next week. Surely this is becoming a serious issue for the club.
Mannah was the same last year, and KamiKaysa Pritchard seems to get concussed warming up most weeks .. Can't be good for their long term health

Last edited:
Fellas, even though I live about 2kms from Canberra Statdium, I drove to somewhere up near Oberon to avoid these blokes. They stink :)

I actually listed to about 15 seconds of the game on the radio, it sounded like we were doing well (two hit ups, no errors).