What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Eelementary

Post Whore
My old man said to me when signed Lomax. Great player but we need a new forward pack. They had their year in 2022 but the pack is very overated. No mongrel and getting old.
The more I watch us the more I tend to agree. Who in our pack is really that great? RCG is decent. Jnrs good on his day. Hopgood has a nice offload but none are going to be must picks for origins. Rest are fairly average and wouldn't even be considered for origin.
Pack is not that great anymore.

I think when they're in-form, our pack is very good - Lane is a very good player, as is Matterson.

Problem is they're all playing like poo.

JokerEel

Coach
My old man said to me when signed Lomax. Great player but we need a new forward pack. They had their year in 2022 but the pack is very overated. No mongrel and getting old.
The more I watch us the more I tend to agree. Who in our pack is really that great? RCG is decent. Jnrs good on his day. Hopgood has a nice offload but none are going to be must picks for origins. Rest are fairly average and wouldn't even be considered for origin.

We need some strike second rowers I thought Kelma would have been one but seems he isn't training hard enough or some shit .

Lane and Carry need replacing in the starting side.

Carty back to the bench.

lucablight

First Grade
Can’t agree with that. Paulo and RCG are still amongst the best props in the game and we’re pretty stacked in the backrow with the likes of Matterson, Cartwright Hopgood and Lane (if he gets his act together). I don’t think any of them have hit the age related terminal decline yet.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Imagine having a dummy half who has any talent or pace? Marshall-King is no superstar, but we’ve just resigned ourselves in Lussick to the BA special of a tackle bot who can vaguely distribute (but query whether he can even do this).

Lussick really drives home for me that BA might’ve been a genuinely good first grade coach about 20 years ago, with a simpler game. But he’s not the answer now.
Bea would of been a great coach in the 70's, his tactics belong from that era as well.

Anyone who watches us play and thinks we aren't poorly coached are sniffing glue, anyone who also thinks we are winning sfa with him in charge is also huffing that glue.

84 Baby

Referee
This game has completely lost BA for me. We got carved up the middle last year by Broncos. 2 years ago, Cows carved us up the middle. f**king numpties on here can see Darwin is a f**king sapper and you need to attack with speed at the ruck to force the effort on effort (something that BA regularly mentions) by the opposition. And yet we have 3 f**ken props on the bench, none of whom attack the ruck and we leave the one speedster on the bench until Asi forced the change.

And this f**ken Darwin game… well we’ve made a few Dolphins, Broncos & Cows fans over past couple of years…. f**k this f**ken club

TheCrowe

Juniors
How many times did Lussick pass head high or above? Our problems start there.
Hands has to be in next week.
Asi is out and season is good as over so may as well give Sanders a run.
New coach and rebuild time. I dont think Ive even seen such a clueless and directionless team.
Brown does not deserve to wear the 7. He will never be a half back. He is a space cadet.

JokerEel

Coach
Bea would of been a great coach in the 70's, his tactics belong from that era as well.

Anyone who watches us play and thinks we aren't poorly coached are sniffing glue, anyone who also thinks we are winning sfa with him in charge is also huffing that glue.

Good teams either shift the ball wide early and use speed to go around or have a quick dummy half split us up the middle..

The fact we haven't fixed that shows we are a poorly coached side

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
We need some strike second rowers I thought Kelma would have been one but seems he isn't training hard enough or some shit .

Lane and Carry need replacing in the starting side.

Carty back to the bench.
There's nothing that can be done in my opinion. This team is shot. Well be lucky to avoid the spoon.

The team is stale. They must be sick of hearing bushys bogan voice. The coach is stale. There needs to be a change. It's as simple as that.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's hardly going to say out loud that our forwards can't cope with repeat sets when they're fatigued.

The issue is we had plenty of ball in the first half and good ball and didn't not once. I'll repeat not once come up with a nice structured set to challenge the defense. Unable to set up a nice backline movement.
Our tries come off individual effort and offloads. We have nothing in attack. We look like chooks with their heads cut off.

Lussicks darts from dummy half when 5mtrs out just kills the set. Even when the Dolphins barely had ball they come down our end and swept the ball fro, side to side and opened us up.

This is a very very poorly coached football side and deep down you know it. We have a very stale football side.

Bottom 4 is likely

Bulldogs are closer to a title then us. I have been telling you this for a while. Just like 7yrs ago when I told you Penrith where building a powerhouse.

Latest posts