What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

hindy111

Post Whore
Only issues I have with Bennet is it will only be a short term solution and I also think we need a full rebuild now. The time to get him was when he left Souths.
I don't see us being a top 4 side untill 2027 when we will have LANE,MATTERSON,JNR,RCG off contract.
These 4 guys are on the downhill slide. Can you imagine what they'll be like in 2026? There will be 2.5-3 mill of cap space on guys who by then might only be cup level.

And as great and big a heart Gutherson has he is slowing up also. Still great but you can see he isn't hitting the line like he used to.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm surprised Brad can count to 44, tbh - going off the amount of points we scored, it seems like he can't count past 10...

Soto

Bench
Only issues I have with Bennet is it will only be a short term solution and I also think we need a full rebuild now. The time to get him was when he left Souths.
I don't see us being a top 4 side untill 2027 when we will have LANE,MATTERSON,JNR,RCG off contract.
These 4 guys are on the downhill slide. Can you imagine what they'll be like in 2026? There will be 2.5-3 mill of cap space on guys who by then might only be cup level.

And as great and big a heart Gutherson has he is slowing up also. Still great but you can see he isn't hitting the line like he used to.
Get Ryan Carr for the rest of the yr and have him as Bennett's understudy for 2 years...
Bennett has pulling power to sign players...he can also extract the good out of players...dads army pack at Dolphins but still performing...
We had a supercoach break the drought
We need another to do it again

Gazzamatta

Coach
Speaking of this...they sent me a welcome email, then another email saying we apologise this was sent in error...I've been a member for 25+ years...go figure
Its the thought that counts. Sister got an email through the week that her members pack was on its way. Yes, the one she got at Christmas. Needless to say the "pack on its way" never arrived.
I got sent someone elses membership card this year. Obviously I sent it back. Hopeless. There is ALWAYS an issue with my membership renewal.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
The crowd for the cowboys game was poor wait till we play the broncos it will be more Broncos fans around 16k is my guess.

hindy111

Post Whore
When young Stefano was coming thru our best jnr forward since Paulo we didn't sign him. He walked for 275k. This shows where we are at with identification of players.
We yet happily paid Murchie close to 250k.
Then we extended Jnr,Lane,RCG and Matterson for 4yrs. None should of been given more then 3 MAX.
Right now Stefano would cost us 750k I would say. How much do guys think those 4 signed on for? We could of had one of the best young props for another 10 years and not having to worry about that position amd costing the same as what our old worn out guys do who have all gone down hill since their extensions.

Gazzamatta

Coach
When young Stefano was coming thru our best jnr forward since Paulo we didn't sign him. He walked for 275k. This shows where we are at with identification of players.
We yet happily paid Murchie close to 250k.
Then we extended Jnr,Lane,RCG and Matterson for 4yrs. None should of been given more then 3 MAX.
Right now Stefano would cost us 750k I would say. How much do guys think those 4 signed on for? We could of had one of the best young props for another 10 years and not having to worry about that position amd costing the same as what our old worn out guys do who have all gone down hill since their extensions.
This is all on the Coach. He has recruited to suit his antiquated style with no consideration of how the game changes. Who will forget when Alvaro was showing promise. First he beefed him up, fail, then he slimmed him down, fail, then he gave up on him. Dont forget it was coach who signed the AFL Merkin who destroyed our fitness. Running mechanics 101 was the order of the day. We ended up with the slowest roster in the comp.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well that was a nightmare of a night.

Not only going into the city to watch the games with mates who now just see Parra as a joke after one of the lowest performances in a long time.

I fell asleep on the bus ride home and woke up pulling into Rouse Hill Town Centre at 2:30am. With 9% battery on the phone.

Unfortunately waiting for the uber of shame then getting home took longer then 7 mins.

And the phone was dead when I got home.
How long does a bus trip home take? That seems like a long way on a bus.

JokerEel

Coach
It wasn't our night when their fullback went through with a kick fell over and kicked it again with his left foot for a try.

While Asi stumbled and kicked the ball back to Parramatta..