What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium 23/4/21

hindy111

Post Whore
images

That merkin pisses me off

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
In all fairness, the broncs were very very ordinary tonight, and made a lot of our players and Bushy look like world beaters tonight.

We are still shit, and a very long way off the top teams.

hindy111

Post Whore
I keep saying this. But gee Papali'i is some player. N.Brown is sliding down our ladder of forwards. He used to be our best but nowdays if he stays or not it isnt a big deal.

Kafusi has gone up a level. That was a brilliant game. His best ever.
Cartwright is a great addition.
Nikauore once back in the forwards is going to add starch.
Grieg in 12mths is going to be a good one.

Some excellent signings from BA. Hipgrave is the only guy who slightly been under whelming but he still plays his role and done a job.

Mahoney was a little off today but gee he is a good nugget. We inject Matterson and Niakuore into this pack still and its going to be a real force.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Soooo...does anyone else think Paps is better suited to the middle other than BA? He’s seriously an elite edge forward and we’d reduce his involvement and effectiveness in the middle. To be honest, and I take this from @Noise, I reckon Niukore and Paps are better suited to the edge and we play Lane and Matto in the middle (and edge as required). If Blake could f**king learn how to defend we’d be formidable. Bloody hell, imagine a bench of Kaufusi, lane, Matto and Smith. The Emu, Hipgrave and Stone waiting to do a job if required.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
actually, I think being 2nd makes us a top team, the second top actually. If we are shit, there is 14 shitter teams, in which case I am happy to be shit.
Mate, why would you take a guy who thinks a serial flopper is god seriously?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I keep saying this. But gee Papali'i is some player. N.Brown is sliding down our ladder of forwards. He used to be our best but nowdays if he stays or not it isnt a big deal.

Kafusi has gone up a level. That was a brilliant game. His best ever.
Cartwright is a great addition.
Nikauore once back in the forwards is going to add starch.
Grieg in 12mths is going to be a good one.

Some excellent signings from BA. Hipgrave is the only guy who slightly been under whelming but he still plays his role and done a job.

Mahoney was a little off today but gee he is a good nugget. We inject Matterson and Niakuore into this pack still and its going to be a real force.
Greig should be the first one dropped for Matterson, but assuming full availability who drops out when we are able to bring Niukore back into the middle? We don't need Smith as long as nobody gets injured and Mahoney doesn't run out of puff, but if either of those things happen we need Smith on the bench. From the remainder who gets dropped for Niukore? I feel like it could be out of Lane and Brown, for how ineffective they've been compared to everyone else.

8. RCG
10. Paulo
11. Cartwright
12. Matterson
13. Papali'i
14. Kaufusi
15. Smith
16. Niukore
17. Lane/Brown

Off contract merkins are in bold. You'd have to drop Smith from that lot and use Cartwright out of position if there was an injury. Gutherson could play dummy half with Mahoney off the field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Soooo...does anyone else think Paps is better suited to the middle other than BA? He’s seriously an elite edge forward and we’d reduce his involvement and effectiveness in the middle. To be honest, and I take this from @Noise, I reckon Niukore and Paps are better suited to the edge and we play Lane and Matto in the middle (and edge as required). If Blake could f**king learn how to defend we’d be formidable. Bloody hell, imagine a bench of Kaufusi, lane, Matto and Smith. The Emu, Hipgrave and Stone waiting to do a job if required.
Cartwright came onto the field at 26 minutes when the score was 6-6, so about half of Papali'i's game was in the middle, including the try he scored. He was defending at edge forward when Pangai scored Brisbane's only try. Not that any other edge forward would have stopped TPJ from there but maybe we wouldn't have been in that position. There's a reason Papali'i prefers the middle, even though everyone (including him) looks better running at halfbacks.

Latest posts