What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium 23/4/21

Basil Brush

Juniors
Soooo...does anyone else think Paps is better suited to the middle other than BA? He’s seriously an elite edge forward and we’d reduce his involvement and effectiveness in the middle. To be honest, and I take this from @Noise, I reckon Niukore and Paps are better suited to the edge and we play Lane and Matto in the middle (and edge as required). If Blake could f**king learn how to defend we’d be formidable. Bloody hell, imagine a bench of Kaufusi, lane, Matto and Smith. The Emu, Hipgrave and Stone waiting to do a job if required.
I agree with everything until you mention Lane.

He is so rubbish.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Greig should be the first one dropped for Matterson, but assuming full availability who drops out when we are able to bring Niukore back into the middle? We don't need Smith as long as nobody gets injured and Mahoney doesn't run out of puff, but if either of those things happen we need Smith on the bench. From the remainder who gets dropped for Niukore? I feel like it could be out of Lane and Brown, for how ineffective they've been compared to everyone else.

8. RCG
10. Paulo
11. Cartwright
12. Matterson
13. Papali'i
14. Kaufusi
15. Smith
16. Niukore
17. Lane/Brown

Off contract merkins are in bold. You'd have to drop Smith from that lot and use Cartwright out of position if there was an injury. Gutherson could play dummy half with Mahoney off the field.
Good synopsis.

Lane has to be dropped and N Brown not far behind

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Bloody hell, imagine a bench of Kaufusi, lane, Matto and Smith. The Emu, Hipgrave and Stone waiting to do a job if required.

and Roache too, the forgotten benchie. Reckon there is good chance he may get some games after round 11 and surprise.

Not as versatile as Smith but is a better middle/dummy half. More powerful.

gee we have plenty of options

lucablight

First Grade
and Roache too, the forgotten benchie. Reckon there is good chance he may get some games after round 11 and surprise.

Not as versatile as Smith but is a better middle/dummy half. More powerful.

gee we have plenty of options
I’m looking forward to seeing how Brad Arthur manages Reed Mahoneys workload this season. I thought he was forced to do way too much last season.

IFR33K

Coach
It helped he played against a team with zero line speed. Bryce had a good game and it was good to see but I need to see him against a team having a crack. He did show how skilful he can be.

No doubt he has skill. He needs to be consistently good against the better teams too. Twas a step in the right direction thou.

Noise

Coach
Put Matterson back on the right and keep papalii on the left. Matterson’s ball skills might make up for Dylan Brown’s lack of. Lane to the bench

Tooooks

Bench
Soooo...does anyone else think Paps is better suited to the middle other than BA? He’s seriously an elite edge forward and we’d reduce his involvement and effectiveness in the middle. To be honest, and I take this from @Noise, I reckon Niukore and Paps are better suited to the edge and we play Lane and Matto in the middle (and edge as required). If Blake could f**king learn how to defend we’d be formidable. Bloody hell, imagine a bench of Kaufusi, lane, Matto and Smith. The Emu, Hipgrave and Stone waiting to do a job if required.

iPap himself prefers playing in the middle so presumably thinks he’s better suited there. What a great job he’s done on the edge though. Genuine gun player who is being paid a relative pittance.

IFR33K

Coach
iPap himself prefers playing in the middle so presumably thinks he’s better suited there. What a great job he’s done on the edge though. Genuine gun player who is being paid a relative pittance.

I think if papa hadn’t been playing so well, we would of buckled and given Nrown the $$ and years he’s asking. We know that if Nrown leaves we’ve got some readymade replacements, at a cheaper rate. Great position to be in and unfortunate for Nrown tbh.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I think if papa hadn’t been playing so well, we would of buckled and given Nrown the $$ and years he’s asking. We know that if Nrown leaves we’ve got some readymade replacements, at a cheaper rate. Great position to be in and unfortunate for Nrown tbh.
He still stand to make 500+ as an integral part of a team that's winning more than not. He's not going to make the origin team playing for the dogs or Manly.

Tooooks

Bench

Absolutely. A great problem to have. Not fussed about keeping Nrown. He f**ked the club around and is past his best.

Pazza

First Grade
Absolutely. A great problem to have. Not fussed about keeping Nrown. He f**ked the club around and is past his best.

The bloke bleeds blue and gold. Literally throws his body into every thing he does. Plays with a heart the size of pharlap and because hes doing what some people around here think is heresy ie negotiating a new contract. He's become disposable and even unwanted.

Nrown deserves much more respect from the fan base than he is receiving ATM.

Latest posts