What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: LIVE game day thread EELS v Manly April 22nd

eel01s

Bench
Wasn't it great to see the ball control and offloads come back into our game? Hopefully they take a lot of confidence out of the game and continue with another good performance next week . Shame to see Hayne go down with the same injury again.
Loved the aggression and hard running from Pritchard and all the forwards, you can't win without that.
Nice to see Moses and Norman with time. Manly didn't know if they would run, pass or kick.

Great stuff.

Gronk

Staff member
Wasn't it great to see the ball control and offloads come back into our game? Hopefully they take a lot of confidence out of the game and continue with another good performance next week . Shame to see Hayne go down with the same injury again.
Loved the aggression and hard running from Pritchard and all the forwards, you can't win without that.
Nice to see Moses and Norman with time. Manly didn't know if they would run, pass or kick.

Great stuff.

The planets aligned for us. We started with aggression and surprisingly made few errors or gave away penalties. TBH Manly had a shit week and thankfully we were pumped. They may have thought that they had it in the bag as well which is not surprising after the 50 result last month. Just shows that you need to turn up every week to play.

I think that the possession and momentum from a penalty run gave us space for the halves, quick play the balls gave Kaysa room around the ruck. It's surprising how easy a game can flow and feel like it does at training when the cards fall your way.

As I said before, Taka back at center was like old times. Gower was solid and provided us with an offload. Matagi needs to do that every week and not fall back into his hot cold form.

Next week they will play a more enthusiastic team, so there will be less room to do shit. The halves need to keep running straight and poke at the line rather than drifting sideways (which they have done all year when they meet good line speed).

Hoffman will come in for Hayne, but IMHO is solid at best. Hope Hayne is not off too long.

Kaysa had his best MVP game ever, but he remains an accident waiting to happen. Which makes Will Smith's position on the bench invaluable.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our halves played patient. Rather then try and score they forced goal line drop outs.
The forwards have copped some grief but a few games this year we have had plenty of chances to score and havent lost by much but our halves went for the big play. Getting repeat sets or worse case handing the ball over inside there 5 with a good defensive set is all we have needed and to grind. After 30 mins yesterday we looked useless in attack but we had sapped a lot of their energy and then the flood gates opened.
Tigers are an ok side, smart and can grind. Id like to see how they go if went behind 12 or more points. I think they'd struggle. I am yet to be completely convinced by any of the front runners and I can see them all falling apart potentially . People want to write off the cowboys but I see them playing a style that when clicks will be potent and same goes for the storm. Storm when on are still the best footy team in the NRL.

Souths are also playing some brilliant footy. The type that can trouble good teams.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah! Imagine if that was Hayne.

We'd never hear the end of it.
I know BA doesn't want to curb Kenny's enthusiasm all that much, but just having a word that smashing into his own teammates (especially ones who are only just returning from a major leg operation) is not the way to show his excitement.

Eelogical

Referee
Couple of courses of Penicillin usually clears most things out. I would expect Ill be gone again late Sunday evening........even earlier if you guys win (which is likely tbh).
Doesn't add up. Your team is ahead of us, has already beaten us and we are 1-6.

Latest posts