What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: LIVE game day thread EELS v Manly April 22nd

Tiger5150

Bench
Doesn't add up. Your team is ahead of us, has already beaten us and we are 1-6.

Tiges are playing well but arent anything special. Its built on grit, determination and putting in for each other. It's a good thing and Im loving it but its a long way from unbeatable.

Parra are no where near as bad as their record looks and looked good in patches against us a few weeks ago. I expect normal programming to resume for both teams right about now.

I grew up in the Hills District and have no real dislike for Parra. I have had a morbid interest in your misfortune mostly due to my passionate, overwhelming and totally irrational dislike for your halfback. As things return to normal (you guys going better, Tigers back to the pack, Moses does some good things in attack and hides in defence) I will totally lose interest I expect.

Tiger5150

Bench
I think he is admitting that despite being 1-6 we have a little more upside to us then his 5-2 team.

I definitely think there is more potential for improvement in the Eels than the Tigers. I think the Tigers are playing about as good as they can.

84 Baby

Referee
I can’t remember, are we meant to say we’re shit and Tigpies will romp it in by 40 plus, or the Tigpies are f**king hopeless and we’ll kick the shit of them?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Tiges are playing well but arent anything special. Its built on grit, determination and putting in for each other. It's a good thing and Im loving it but its a long way from unbeatable.

Parra are no where near as bad as their record looks and looked good in patches against us a few weeks ago. I expect normal programming to resume for both teams right about now.

I grew up in the Hills District and have no real dislike for Parra. I have had a morbid interest in your misfortune mostly due to my passionate, overwhelming and totally irrational dislike for your halfback. As things return to normal (you guys going better, Tigers back to the pack, Moses does some good things in attack and hides in defence) I will totally lose interest I expect.
I like your honesty.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I'm curious about Tigers' fans opinions on Moses - I know plenty are pissed at him for how he left the club, but do you guys, by and large, see him as a player with plenty of talent (but an immature temperanent), or do you guys see him as over-rated?

Tiger5150

Bench
I'm curious about Tigers' fans opinions on Moses - I know plenty are pissed at him for how he left the club, but do you guys, by and large, see him as a player with plenty of talent (but an immature temperanent), or do you guys see him as over-rated?

I'm mindful of stinking up another thread with irrelevance, but since you asked......

I can only speak for myself as a Tigers fan, but I saw in Mitchell Moses the same thing I saw in Brooks, also the same thing I saw in Moses Suli. POTENTIAL. In James Tedesco, I see talent, he has already proven himself as the real deal, but in Moses & Brooks I saw ( and still see) POTENTIAL. Perhaps an opportunity to develop into a really good first grader. At the Tigers its a big deal because we never have the $$ or attraction to buy a real deal and get excited about possibly growing one.

I still only really see potential in Moses and Brooks, neither has proven that they have made it and reliably and consistently show they have talent. This is where immature temperament (as you put it) comes in. Based what I was told (from family friends involved in the club) of Moses performances at training, based on what I witnessed regularly in games (abusing team mates who are having a bigger go than him on 1/5$, pretending to tackle, positioning himself so he didn't have to tackle...as he did in the first "no try" for Manly on the weekend) it is my opinion that Mitch Moses thinks he has already made it and is already a great player. As a result, in my opinion he will never get any better than he is right now and potentially not fulfill his full potential. He is still pulling the same tricks to avoid hard defence and this is in his second year effectively at a new club. Brooks on the other hand has been pretty public with his shortcomings and has already improved markedly this year but still has a way to go.

This is without even raising issues that clearly demonstrate the kind of human he is like tanking on his 16 team mates two games in a row last year and playing the "mental health" card to get his way. The reason that the Tigers backflipped and let him go to Parra and the reason Jackson Hastings is supposedly playing for Blacktown are not poles apart.

Over-rated? That is a pretty subjective call. I think the Tigers potentially damaged Moses early in his career when they paid him and Brooks $ 600K each per season WAY before either had proven themselves at that pay rate. The significant pay rise he got last year going to Parra ( he would have got the same or more if he had accepted the offer given to him from the Tigers) isnt going to make any of this better IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
I think the Moses tanking games story is a tiresome and unsubstantiated story.
This is without even raising issues that clearly demonstrate the kind of human he is like tanking on his 16 team mates two games in a row last year and playing the "mental health" card to get his way. The reason that the Tigers backflipped and let him go to Parra and the reason Jackson Hastings is supposedly playing for Blacktown are not poles apart.

Mind not on the job or not distracted by media attention is one thing. Shit happens. Ask Semi how stress and media attention effects your game. But to claim that Moses tanked a match is really low. I saw those matches. No points were scored through Moses accept for the Souths match when your forwards allowed him to be isolated one on one near the line.

Tomic is a tanker. He allows serves to pass him without lifting his racket. He won’t run to get a ball when he is in a mood.

Moses did not tank any match.

FMD look at the stats for your forwards vs the Bunnies.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/match-centre/NRL20171003/stats

All but one of your forwards struggled to run 50m for the entire match.

Baffles me to no end why you guys pull an offer bc of cap issues. You state publicly that you want to focus your cap on Woods and Teddy. Ok fine, but somehow you expect that the merkin you shafted should be 100% ready to play for you on Sunday. That’s not real life mate.

He did not tank and stop being unnecessarily bitter.

Tiger5150

Bench
I think the Moses tanking games story is a tiresome and unsubstantiated story.

Mind not on the job or not distracted by media attention is one thing. Shit happens. Ask Semi how stress and media attention effects your game. But to claim that Moses tanked a match is really low. I saw those matches. No points were scored through Moses accept for the Souths match when your forwards allowed him to be isolated one on one near the line.

Tomic is a tanker. He allows serves to pass him without lifting his racket. He won’t run to get a ball when he is in a mood.

Moses did not tank any match.

Baffles me to no end why you guys pull an offer bc of cap issues. You state publicly that you want to focus your cap on Woods and Teddy. Ok fine, but somehow you expect that the merkin you shafted should be 100% ready to play for you on Sunday. That’s not real life mate.

He did not tank and stop being unnecessarily bitter.

100% Tanked. I don't mean that he intentionally let tries in, but he just didnt try at all. Stats mean nothing, I was at those games, he tanked, but yes stats tell part of the story so look at those same stats that you threw at me. Look at Moses stats. 0 Runs for 0m. Shame those stats dont list missed tackles. I think the runs stat shows how much of a crack he is having, but maybe he is just a lazy merkin? Lets look at the same stats to find the answer

Round 1 - 7 runs
Round 2 - 7 runs
Round 3 - 2 Runs (injured)
Round 4 - 11 runs
Round 5 - 6 Runs
Round 6 - 5 Runs
Round 7 - 4 Runs
Round 8 - 4 Runs

Then the offer gets "pulled off the table" coincidentally after he had come to terms with Parra. What happens after this?

Round 9 - 1 Run
Round 10 - 0 Runs

Turns out he isnt a lazy merkin, just pea hearted. He tanked end of story. His stats show it, every Tigers fan watching knows he tanked and more importantly his team mates know it and therefore the Tigers backflipped and let him go. Tedesco & Woods continue to turn up like men and honour their word and team mates.

There is no question he tanked (you can call it mental health or whatever you want). I'm not sure why you care so much? It hurt the Tigers not Parra. Or do you want it not to be true that he tanked because if he did it once he could do it again?

Gronk

Staff member
There is no question he tanked (you can call it mental health or whatever you want). I'm not sure why you care so much? It hurt the Tigers not Parra. Or do you want it not to be true that he tanked because if he did it once he could do it again?

He wasn't the cause of your two losses vs Sharks and Bunnies. If you are basing stats as evidence that a player tanked, then your forward pack did exactly that vs Bunnies.

Clipboard01.jpg

Tiger5150

Bench
He wasn't the cause of your two losses vs Sharks and Bunnies. If you are basing stats as evidence that a player tanked, then your forward pack did exactly that vs Bunnies.

I never said he was the cause of our losses. The fact we were a crap team with a crap coach (prior to the Sharks game) is the reason we lost those and many other games. Numbers like that were not unique for our forwards. You'll notice Woods wasnt there. Our forwards were crap. Doesnt help when your supposed best playmaker is making zero effort.

Im not using stats as evidence that he tanked, but the stats DO back it up. He had a crack all season until he did the deal with Parra and Tigers took his deal away. Then 1 run in two games. how many games has he played for Parra where he has had zero runs for zero metres?

I dont know how you can argue he didnt, and again I dont know why you would care.

Tiger5150

Bench
Ill stop stinking up this thread with more irrelvance. Gronk if you would like to continue this conversation lets start a Mitch - The Little Tank Engine who Couldnt thread elsewhere.

Gronk

Staff member
I never said he was the cause of our losses. The fact we were a crap team with a crap coach (prior to the Sharks game) is the reason we lost those and many other games. Numbers like that were not unique for our forwards. You'll notice Woods wasnt there. Our forwards were crap. Doesnt help when your supposed best playmaker is making zero effort.

Im not using stats as evidence that he tanked, but the stats DO back it up. He had a crack all season until he did the deal with Parra and Tigers took his deal away. Then 1 run in two games. how many games has he played for Parra where he has had zero runs for zero metres?

I dont know how you can argue he didnt, and again I dont know why you would care.

And I don't know why you would come on here a year later calling him a tanker and implying that he is hated by players like Jackson Hastings is at Manly. You clearly have an axe to grind, but I don't know why you would care.
Tiger5150 said:
The reason that the Tigers backflipped and let him go to Parra and the reason Jackson Hastings is supposedly playing for Blacktown are not poles apart.

Latest posts