1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Jun 27, 2020.

1. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I think we'll have to be mighty lucky to win premiership plus I can see we have had somewhat an "advantage" over Scum, Warriors & Canbra, but to use those to shit on us in the same breath as not stating Rorters and Riff also aren't in same boat is muckraking

2. Soto

Soto Juniors

:joy:

3. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Yeah that’s his modus operandi. He also rates Manly over the Eels.

An insight into his fragile ego is how he will never admit in conversation that Sivo was part of the Panthers system and he happliy let him walk. IIRC all he would say was that he played for Mounties. The facts are that we signed him from the Penrith Instrust Reggies team.

4. Soto

Soto Juniors

Sterlo has splinters...just come out say the officials were horrible last night. The roiders fwd pass try and Moses bat back for what should have been a legitimate try completely changes complexion of the game.
    When manly had that fwd pass call they went on about it ad nauseam...days on days. Annesley comes out 30 seconds after the game had finished saying wrong call. Silence from the NRL this time.
    Yet last night's fwd pass...oh its part of the game.
    I honestly don't know where the Roiders were dudded. As shit as the rule is, the Croker call was actually correct.
    Even Brandy Alexander who has a known dislike for us was blowing up last night how bad parra were being dudded.

hineyrulz likes this.
  5. parrathruandthru

parrathruandthru Juniors

We even gave him a heads up as BA tried to sign Sivo the year before

6. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

He let Sivo walk to sign malaki Wozniak lol.

Parra are as good a chance as any side. I reckon there are 5 or 6 genuine chances

TheRam and Eelementary like this.
  7. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

For me, Melbourne comes to mind.

8. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

9. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

I prefer ABC Grandstand for live commentary.

10. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

Hindy probably would've been like a Fatty in the early 90s when he first commentated, biased and wouldn't hold back, quotes like "Whats the touchie doing? Having a cup of tea?" or even "Gee that's poor defence, the back rower from Armidale A-Grade would've got him". But I guess he's chosen to be more funny.

I like you, is still annoyed with the poor refereeing decisions from last nights game. I would've been absolutely furious if we had lost.

The forward pass is the obvious one, but one of the others that gets me is the Horsburgh Matterson confrontation. At no stage in any other game does that deserve a penalty to any team.

As much as Gus Gould is annoying commentator and Channel 9's coverage is rubbish, I could sense if that if he was calling that game he'd be furious with Kleins decision of penalty.

I barely watch Channel 9 games but I could imagine him saying something like "Well its two blokes just pushing and shoving, a couple of niggles, nothing to it, play on". He's old school, he hates penalties like that.

As for Corey Horsburgh, I though it was strange he got emotional, maybe it was the injury, maybe he couldn't handle the sledging, or something else, I don't know.

But he seems like a good player, typical old school forward the way he plays, just a shame he got injured.

TheRam likes this.
  11. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

Id take Andrew Moore, Matt Elliot and Luke Lewis over Speed, Anasta and Hodges.

12. Suitman

Suitman Post Whore

MMM is pretty good as well.

PARRA_FAN likes this.
  13. Noise

Noise Coach

Old school forwards don't cry when they hurt their little foot.

hineyrulz and IFR33K like this.
  14. hybrideel

hybrideel Bench

Of the Sydney teams:
    Parra, Roosters, Tigers Dragons (Brisbane), Sharks(Townsville) and Souths (Melbourne) have had 1 game out of Sydney. I did not include Gosford as out of Sydney as it takes as long to get there as it does from one end of Sydney to the other
    Bulldogs, Manly, Panthers 0 games out of Sydney.
    When you take out the travel, I don't think it matters what field you play on when there is no crowd there to make the difference.

15. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

On Horsburgh, they were saying on the radio today (Triple M, I think) that he had an emotional reaction, because he thought he was a victim of a cannonball tackle, and it may have ended his season (or so he felt, at the time).

We laugh about it now, but to be honest, if I was a young player, just getting my career started, I reckon I might have a similar reaction, in the heat of the moment.

PARRA_FAN likes this.
  16. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

Eels on top of the ladder.
    Bulldogs on the bottom.

This is a truly glorious day, and I’m hoping it continues to the end of time.

Kornstar, TheRam and Jake the snake like this.
  17. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

*Penrith second

*Brisbane 2nd last

:eggplant:

18. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

When the Dogs scored first I took a pic of the live ladder and sent it to all my Bronco loving mates, and not one bite. The weak merkins have given up. Truly glorious!!

T.S Quint and Jake the snake like this.
  19. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Why is the Brisbane going poor getting so much media. Plenty of teams have to go through this and they shouldn't be exempt. We all know it won't be for longer then 1 or 2 yrs. Some clubs have to have 5yr periods of it.

20. Noise

Noise Coach

Plenty of players cop season ending injuries. None of them actually cry about it and take it out on both the opposition and fans. f**king sook.

I laugh about it now and will laugh about it for many years. It’s his run away Creagh moment.

Kornstar and Eelementary like this.