What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parramatta v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 28th April 2019

eel01s

Bench
It is very hard to come back from that, but we very nearly did. We got to within 6 points of them at one stage, and we still weren't really playing all that well. A couple more dropped balls and a couple of penalties against us (not all of which were deserved) and the game was gone again.

If we played smarter we still could have won, even after being behind 20-0.
Very much yes. As poorly as we played in that first 25 minutes, had Peni not knocked it on when we were behind by 6 I think we would have gone on to win if we scored in that set.

emjaycee

Coach
And if the ref had allowed play to finish before blowing a penalty to us as Sivo crossed for his second.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We came back well after 20-0 down. Once again silly errors let us down, and once again crucial ref stuffs let us down also eg Fergo strip

LWLWLW
- Our last 6 games

We need do deliver v dragons on Sunday , two tough away trips after that v storm (Suncorp) and cowboys in Townsville.

I’d like to think we can beat the cowboys up there, then again same rule applied prior to playing the knights yesterday. We just need to aim up and be in a grind if need be first 20min

I’m open to Mannah starting the match with Alvaro

TheRam

Coach
We came back well after 20-0 down. Once again silly errors let us down, and once again crucial ref stuffs let us down also eg Fergo strip

LWLWLW
- Our last 6 games

We need do deliver v dragons on Sunday , two tough away trips after that v storm (Suncorp) and cowboys in Townsville.

I’d like to think we can beat the cowboys up there, then again same rule applied prior to playing the knights yesterday. We just need to aim up and be in a grind if need be first 20min

I’m open to Mannah starting the match with Alvaro

Don't worry, we'll break that sequence next week.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was disappointed in yesterday's result, but we certainly a lot better than 2018. Last year's team wouldve thrown the towel in trialling 20-0.

One thing I'm disappointed is attitude and needs to change coming into these sort of games. No matter how bad the opposition has been going of late, you should always be prepared for what comes at you. Newcastle were certainly fired up after so many expectations at the start of the year and only had one win. Plus it was at their home ground, you're guaranteed to get a few dud calls against you.

Yes Parramatta thrashed Wests Tigers, but they shouldve forgotten about that game and focused on this one.

A poor kick from Moses at the start and it went down from there. Add to that the silly miss tackle on Levi, Gutho not getting in time when Knights scored. Those little mistakes came back to bite them.

Yes they were coming back and it one stage couldve reduced the margin to possibly 2 points, but again poor handling errors cost them, especially that one from Terepo. Arrrghh!!.I'm all for Mannah starting ahead of Terepo btw. Not sure if that wouldve made too much difference but in these sort of games field position is important to start the game. His go forward has improved this season.

I'm confident they'll turn things around against the Dragons but they'll need improve on a lot of things.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we will be hurting, and will showcase a terrific performance im sure if front of a capacity home crowd

hope we get to go on the field again at FT...

eel01s

Bench
They did; but they over-ruled it, in favour of the offside penalty.

It explains why Sivo "did not" score that try.
I was livid until I saw the replay. Gutho threw it metres forward.

Why do we throw so many forward passes? I am not talking about line ball ones the ref sometimes call, I am talking about absolute shocking passes.

forward pass

Coach
I wonder if some of you guys go back and read some of your posts early in the match what your thoughts would be? Absolutely ridiculous some of the things said. I understand emotions are high but seriously? Looks like most of you will not be going this weekend. Ha.

Firstly Gutho - I don't blame him for the try from the kick. He needs a teammate to let him know what is happening whilst trying to shield the ball dead. He cant see out of the back of his head. Some of the best fullbacks have had that happen to them. I actually blame Fergo.

Referees - terrible. Absolutely woeful refereeing. When Manu scored the ref did not take his eyes off his feet. And then he goes to the 3rd ref to look at his feet?? The high tackle penalty was ridiculous as was the penalty on Ray Stone. By the way Ma'u - just put the f**king ball down without the carry on. (can someone tell him on my behalf)

BA - I am not going to go off half cocked like others. BUT it is a concern that he told the players we would be ambushed and they didn't listen. He kept saying what he has been telling the players all week but they ain't listening. The pass knocked down by Ponga off Jennings was the game for me. We score there just before halftime and it would have been a different 2nd half.

It is also amazing how many times we decide against taking the 2, then lose the ball first tackle. Its like we train for it.

Anyway, last year we lose that game by 50 after a start like that. We picked a bad week to play Knights. One of those days.

Kornstar

Coach
I wonder if some of you guys go back and read some of your posts early in the match what your thoughts would be? Absolutely ridiculous some of the things said. I understand emotions are high but seriously? Looks like most of you will not be going this weekend. Ha.

Firstly Gutho - I don't blame him for the try from the kick. He needs a teammate to let him know what is happening whilst trying to shield the ball dead. He cant see out of the back of his head. Some of the best fullbacks have had that happen to them. I actually blame Fergo.

Referees - terrible. Absolutely woeful refereeing. When Manu scored the ref did not take his eyes off his feet. And then he goes to the 3rd ref to look at his feet?? The high tackle penalty was ridiculous as was the penalty on Ray Stone. By the way Ma'u - just put the f**king ball down without the carry on. (can someone tell him on my behalf)

BA - I am not going to go off half cocked like others. BUT it is a concern that he told the players we would be ambushed and they didn't listen. He kept saying what he has been telling the players all week but they ain't listening. The pass knocked down by Ponga off Jennings was the game for me. We score there just before halftime and it would have been a different 2nd half.

It is also amazing how many times we decide against taking the 2, then lose the ball first tackle. Its like we train for it.

Anyway, last year we lose that game by 50 after a start like that. We picked a bad week to play Knights. One of those days.

The team were garbage, i don't like calling out single players as it is a team sport. They were embarrassing! Like many efforts against them in recent times.....just like Canberra......

I'm still pissed off, maybe it is because we played 2 teams within 3 weeks and lost to them the same way we do each and every time we play them in recent times. All that good work and goodwill for the new stadium and the weeks either side of it were just straight up embarrassing!

As you said, the coach told them, the media told them, the fans could have easily told them that the Knights had their backs to the wall, how do we come out? Lethargic and error prone!

I think i agree with hindy111, we might just go on a little losing streak now and i think we will easily miss the 8 in the end.

IFR33K

Coach
The team were garbage, i don't like calling out single players as it is a team sport. They were embarrassing! Like many efforts against them in recent times.....just like Canberra......

I'm still pissed off, maybe it is because we played 2 teams within 3 weeks and lost to them the same way we do each and every time we play them in recent times. All that good work and goodwill for the new stadium and the weeks either side of it were just straight up embarrassing!

As you said, the coach told them, the media told them, the fans could have easily told them that the Knights had their backs to the wall, how do we come out? Lethargic and error prone!

I think i agree with hindy111, we might just go on a little losing streak now and i think we will easily miss the 8 in the end.

One things for sure. Had we had a backbone we don’t lose yesterday. We are way off the pace and will be making up numbers if we manage to make the top 8.

Eelogical

Referee

The Cowboys in Townsville will be another of those so-called hoodoo games for us. At least it won't be a bus trip.

Latest posts