What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Eels v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 1/5/21

yy_cheng

Coach
I like drown when he is first receiver and passes to Moses like a traditional 7.
U know the pass will get to him accurately and with speed.

They should use him in plays with moses

It could also be that he is on the right now

But I thinks it's mainly Moses who's getting all the good ball

They said they switched so drown kicks from the rhs of the field but what I see is Moses swinging to the right and kicking

yy_cheng

Coach
Probably when Moses sorts out his contact he'll play a lesser role. He's probably show ponying looking for a better deal

Glenneel

Bench
Tonight Parra had a chance to make a statement, unfortunately it was the wrong one. I was looking for up tempo attack and defence but they were pedestrian with sloppy handling thrown in. If we’re a heavy weight we have to play like one and unless they lift for next week they’ll be exposed by a wounded Rooster. I’m looking for a contender not a pretender.

emjaycee

Coach
I do not see cut out passes or clever short passes. Example Was Bryce's ball to Niakuore of smart ball playing. He rarely does get a chance to kick so hard to judge him on that. Rarely does he make a break. Does he offer anymore then Salmon did?

I wouldn't give up on him. He is young, strong and doesn't over play his hand. But he was hyped up on here as best young half in comp and a future super star. As time passes unless he starts to I prove the likelihood becomes less. He may end up just a solid half. I still go back to my point. Cleary looked average while Maloney run the side. Look what happend when he left.

If we rate Brown so highly then are we better letting Moses walk? Do we rate Arthurs enough for this to happen? If we sign Mitch for 3yrs I am unsure where all 3 fit in tbh.
Jake Arthur is 18 years old. He fits in when he is 21 and has had 3 years playing against men in Reggies. Not everyone has to debut at a young age just because Penrith did it. Every other club does it out of need.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tonight Parra had a chance to make a statement, unfortunately it was the wrong one. I was looking for up tempo attack and defence but they were pedestrian with sloppy handling thrown in. If we’re a heavy weight we have to play like one and unless they lift for next week they’ll be exposed by a wounded Rooster. I’m looking for a contender not a pretender.

Yeah a statement like panthers against the broncos, south’s against the tigers, roosters against the Sharks, Storm against the Sharks ... we aren’t the only side doing it......we didn’t even get out of set gear as we didn’t have to .....

T-Boon

Coach
I must be the only one who thought we played pretty good. I think they realised early that it was going to be a cake walk so the teams intensity dropped. The key players look good Guth, Moses, Mahoney. Paulo got some rest. Hopefully Waqa comes into this team and adds some spark from centre.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sorry. But he milked 650k from our club. Same money as Gutherson. He plays no better then most 250k halves. He may come good. But at present he offers relatively little to the sides attack and deserves criticism.
People still carry on about W.Smith if he makes one error a month. Better player st this point.

Then blame the club for offering that money to him.

He's doing his job.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism - of course he does.

But people calling him a dud probably need a little perspective - he's not even 21 yet, and is in his third season of First Grade.

He's got plenty to improve on, but I reckon he's doing fine.

As for Smith, I actually quite like him as a player, and though he may make mistakes, I Iike what he brings to the table.

eels_fan

First Grade
Watching the replay this morning. Is Corey Parker that friggen stupid?

brown goes down with his injury and is clearly grabbing his hip. He then says something like it could be his Achilles. Then once browns in the dressing room he says he’s thinking the worst and it could be his acl. Lol

and then he said if Brown is out for the season then our season is over. He’s a fool.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I must be the only one who thought we played pretty good. I think they realised early that it was going to be a cake walk so the teams intensity dropped. The key players look good Guth, Moses, Mahoney. Paulo got some rest. Hopefully Waqa comes into this team and adds some spark from centre.

We made nearly 2000m, 7 line breaks and missed 22 tackles, the effort was there. 14 errors / 71% completion rate is what stopped us getting to 50......

not unexpected in a long season and coming off a game in 30 plus heat plus the tough Canberra trip

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I agree Brown has been average this season so far in attack. His running game is good and his defence for a 20 year old half is superb. 10 years ago we would of been praying for a young bloke this good. If we didn't offer him a decent contract, another club would of and in a couple years he would of been the next gun Parra let go. He is only going to get better. Let's be patient with the kid.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

So you want high intensity every week for 24 weeks? Is this so you can complain come finals time for dropping out early after playing high intensity for 24 weeks?

We played at a low intensity for 60 minutes and won by 22. You should be stoked we can not even try and win by that margin. Last year when we didn't try we beat the dogs by 2

Yeah we were alright. A few dropped balls is nothing to worry about. Failing to make metres and score points, or having shit defence, that's what matters.

Pazza

First Grade
Dylan Brown is a very good first grade footy player. And like all players he has his strengths and weakness. He's an elite level defender, very good at running the footy, getting a quick play the ball and really good at first receiver committing the defense and creating space for the second, third receiver. But on the downside he isnt capable of creating breaks and tries and he has a few unforced errors in his game.

In this current 2021 team he is a valuable component, given the form of other players creating plenty of opportunities Dylan just needs to be reliable, make his tackles and feed the players around him.

I think the biggest issue is that expectations were blown out of proportion. Between the NZ warriors and Joey Johns you'd think Dylan was the next elite top 10 player in the game. Sadly that hasn't been the case.

Latest posts