What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Parramatta v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread May 5th 2019

hindy111

Post Whore
Ordered coffee and waited a full hour for it. No bs. And it tasted friggen horrible.

I lined up and my friend said the line hasn't moved lets go after 10mins. At what point did you not observe this? I mean ypo count the people and time. Easy.

Kornstar

Coach
I dont believe that it MUST bounce dead. I believe it is at the discretion of the referee as to whether it is out of play.

I used to believe it had to bounce, but remember cases where a ball had clearly gone past the pane of the deadball line and a player grabs it before it bounces. The ref still called it dead cos no player was going to get it.

I dont believe todays was a chance of any st george player getting it ... but i guess it was still there abouts the field of play

I’m trying to find something, so far this, go to the 2001 part.

https://www.webcitation.org/5mcF2ocCw?url=http://www.rl1908.com/History/rules.htm

I’ll keep digging cause i know it is a rule.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ordered coffee and waited a full hour for it. No bs. And it tasted friggen horrible.

My mate enjoyed the coffee, not the best but said it was very acceptable, and he knows his coffee
(was well over 40 min to get it). Unfortunately I dont know coffee, they all are a 6/10 rating for me lol

With the colder months coming, might be worthwhile to make it more accessible?

TheParraboy

Staff member
I lined up and my friend said the line hasn't moved lets go after 10mins. At what point did you not observe this? I mean ypo count the people and time. Easy.

yeah agree

My mate took a while I said to same thing to him for next time, if you aint going anywhere after 5min, just get something else a bottle of water...or a beer

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Every week you hear from supporters "well the 2018 team wouldn't have done that".

And quite right too. Brad Arthur has improved this team a lot during the off season with the right combinations.

Full credit to some of youngsters stepping up.

Also great to have Fergo in our squad. What a champion.

So proud of the boys today, I hope they keep it up next week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree they are poor but we probably don’t have the luxury of being able to replace them. With a fit Brown and Mannah, one of either Peni, Tep or Evans will be in the 17 unfortunately. If we can strengthen that last middle spot through recruitment or if Stefano can step up then I think we’re looking good.
Moeroa is in the team for his defensive work rate. With Junior Paulo and an 80 minute hooker we need some hard workers around them. Moeroa does a good job, along with Alvaro and Mannah.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Eh.

5 missed/ineffective tackles out of 30 attempted. Not that good even by his standards. Did do a bit off the ball, but negated by two big, big f**k ups IMO.

I just think he needs another string to his bow anyway. He's gone from being a really hard runner to a plodder and now he's started to make dumb mistakes this year too.
He made 92 metres from 10 hit ups. Only Kaufusi averaged more metres per hit up today.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah Gutho turned it splitting 'em up the middle with one his trademark selfish runs, then put Sivo into a nice hole crabbing across the field.

Edit: forgot to mention how shit he is.
He's not shit, he's worth $650k. Not many players are worth that much.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree mate although the tackle stats Bazal mentioned weren’t crash hot. I was happy when he went off in the first half but thought he had a few good runs in the second. Stats may prove that wrong though
Runs per minute (minutes)
0.33 Evans (6 lol)
0.31 Kaufusi (26)
0.27 Paulo (49)
0.26 Ma'u (47)
0.26 Alvaro (34)
0.23 Terepo (39)
0.20 Moeroa (50)

Tackles per minute (minutes)
0.82 Alvaro (34)
0.61 Mahoney (74)
0.60 Moeroa (50)
0.55 Paulo (49)
0.46 Terepo (39)
0.46 Kaufusi (26)
0.40 Ma'u (47)
0.17 Evans (lol)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
bain farts
30_bane.w330.h330.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is this the same Corey who looked half assed in a lot of our games when we needed energy and direction? The same bloke that made poor off field choices including the time the club suspended him for 8 games and cost us any chance of finals playoffs? Deserved every single boo imo
Fair point actually
massive problems, we should have piled on over 60 today, disgraceful
Our poor starts are a massive concern. Four times this year (so, half our games) we have conceded the first two tries. We beat the Dogs and Dragons, and got close against the Knights, but the Raiders just ground us out of the game, as you'd expect from a good team with a two try lead.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No. Last season when we where losing I pointed out how nothing went our way. And at start of this season Inalso told everyone we would be decent. And how our signings and less injuries would make a huge difference. I also said we should start with Sivo and that MJ was not done while every merkin said he was past it. Luck has been on our side this year but we also have yet to see us with our top 17.

Can we win comp? Bar Roosters and Souths we have as much chance as anyone else. I do like Sharks however.
*Loosing FFS!!

eel01s

Bench
You reckon we should quickly re-sign everyone?

They can all get f**ked.
Hahaha. Classic Avenger!

Seriously though we were all thinking it.

Re: our forwards, I think they more than held there own against the much hyped Dragons pack (I know they lost Frizell early). I have said before I am loving what the young blokes (Mahoney, Kafusi and Nuikore) are bringing to our team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He's not shit, he's worth $650k. Not many players are worth that much.

Apparently prior to the second half of this game , he was pretty shit, he's been shit for not quite two weeks, but I think he un-shitted himself at half time.

Latest posts