What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re signing for 2008 and beyond

dazeely

First Grade
Just heard Fui resigned for further two years and Burty for 3 years. Great news imo. Therefore deserved the new thread.

Well done Parra. Well done boys.

Source: 1130hrs Fox Sport news

strider

Post Whore
Burt for 3 more years eh? ... cool .... interesting - wonder what that means in terms of hayne's preference for fullback???

Great to have Fui wrapped up for a bit longer!!

Bazal

Post Whore
Also from the same source, Taulima Tautai and Tim Mannah have signed til 2009

dazeely

First Grade
strider said:
Burt for 3 more years eh? ... cool .... interesting - wonder what that means in terms of hayne's preference for fullback??? !!

good point. no doubt that rabbits rumour will raise its ugly head now. reddy may also be dissappointed too I suppose.

Can't have it both ways but maybe a 1-2yr extension would have been better. Anyways Burty is a champion both on the field and as a clubman.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tbh if Hayne, as a young kid with a decade of football ahead of him, isn't willing to make way for a dedicated clubman and proven campaigner for the good of his team for a couple of seasons, Souths can have him. I'd be disappointed as a fan but the kid has to serve his time like anyone else IMO

The Colonel

Immortal
PLAYER SIGNINGS
2 October 2007

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is delighted to announce that the following players have today agreed to terms to remain at the Club.

Luke Burt (08,09,10)
Fuifui Moimoi (08,09)
Taulima Tautai (08,09)
Tim Mannah (08,09)

Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says it is good news for the Club.

"The future of the Club looks very bright when players of this calibre re-sign. Luke and Fuifui have been regular members of the NRL squad for a number of years now and had tremendous seasons in 2007. Taulima and Tim were both involved in Grand Finals in Premier League and Jersey Flegg respectively and will be pushing for a crack at the NRL in 2008," Mr Fitzgerald said.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1659.asp

eelaholic

First Grade
Oh i heard these signings about an hour ago

It wasn't on the website when i checked before though

Glad to see that they were true!

:clap:

Gronk

Staff member
Excellent news ! Luke is great clubman and I'm sure does not ask for premium $$. Fui is now a marquee player. Who'd have thought !

On Hayne - Life goes on if the rumour comes to fruition. I'm sure that a big fat $$ offer is on the table. If he walks, he walks.

The Colonel

Immortal
Brod Wright and Timmy Mannah both took it hard at the Penrith side. Was also impressed by the Hindy lookalike - David Baumann.

Suitman

Post Whore
Strider raises an interesting point.

Will Hayne be happy being shafted back on to the wing or into the centres, or will Burt have to make way for him and move to the wing himself?
Interesting times ahead me thinks.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
great news

would love caylo, hindy and burt to won a comp

they all debuted for the club last century didnt they?

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Strider raises an interesting point.

Will Hayne be happy being shafted back on to the wing or into the centres, or will Burt have to make way for him and move to the wing himself?
Interesting times ahead me thinks.

Suity

I can see a very profitable centre-wing combination of Hayne and Inu in 2008 and beyond. Then again it could be just as profitable with Burt outside Inu.

Glenn

First Grade
Great news on the re-signings, all points towards a good foundation for the future.
As for Hayne, I am sure he would be happy to be playing on the wing @ Parramatta, rather than at fullback for Souths.