What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re signing for 2008 and beyond

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Benny is gonna be looking over his shoulder very soon with Taulima and Tony Williams putting pressure on him.

If he is gonna be in the team for his defence, he needs to consider a move to the forwards, we cant continue to leave these kids in park footy or they'll find another club to play at.

They have plenty of poternial where as Benny has probably reached his peak and offers nothing in attack.

that may happen eventually but I couldn't see it happening in round 1 08

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
in all honesty I don't rate tony williams as a good centre - i reckon he needs to be a back rower .... he just seems too slow motion for the centres (if you know what i mean - more a athletic back rower)

he will end up there..no doubt about it.

Bigfella

Coach
WellI reckon his best chance of making a good fist of it would be with a tap on the shoulder in the offseason and a pre-season of training and preparation.

It might be next year, but surely the time is fast approaching? Especially with Reddy Burt and Tautai available to fill the place left by Tahu.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
WellI reckon his best chance of making a good fist of it would be with a tap on the shoulder in the offseason and a pre-season of training and preparation.

It might be next year, but surely the time is fast approaching? Especially with Reddy Burt and Tautai available to fill the place left by Tahu.

one small teeny weeny problem biggy!!!..he'll be in re-hab trainng for about 5 months with a brand new knee. ;-)

Pazza

First Grade
Twizzle said:
Benny is gonna be looking over his shoulder very soon with Taulima and Tony Williams putting pressure on him.

If he is gonna be in the team for his defence, he needs to consider a move to the forwards, we cant continue to leave these kids in park footy or they'll find another club to play at.

They have plenty of poternial where as Benny has probably reached his peak and offers nothing in attack.

who would you dump for benny (in the forwards)? i can't think of anyone

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:

sorry mate are you talking about Benny or Tony Williams???

Pazza

First Grade
strider said:
in all honesty I don't rate tony williams as a good centre - i reckon he needs to be a back rower .... he just seems too slow motion for the centres (if you know what i mean - more a athletic back rower)

he looked pretty lazy to me in the final! definatley got some power in his running but he needs to get more into the match

Bigfella

Coach
sorry mate are you talking about Benny or Tony Williams???

Sorry I was talking about benny ... how about you? LOL

On Williams, yes, I believe he has all the ability in the world but needs to up his workrate like 99.9% of blokes his age.

Mind you I said that about both Hayne and Inu at different stages in their first grade careers and that is an aspect of both their games they have been very, very good at improving in a short space of time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
that may happen eventually but I couldn't see it happening in round 1 08

I agree, assuming eveything remains as it is currently, maybe mid season

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
that's right..Taulima's had 1 and a half seasons in PL and could be ready to make the step up next season and no doubt that we'd need him to at some stage.

Interesting. I kind of expected Tautai to perhaps see Grade next season (and what an excitement machine he is!). But I am keen to know whether, conditions and situations permitting, of course, whether Mannah may be considered, at some stage, ready to make the step up.

strider

Post Whore
i reckon at least paulo and weller would be ahead of mannah - probably joe galuvao too ..... maybe other more experienced guys also

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cool. Sounds reasonable.

I just read that transcript and thought, "Gee, that kid must be good if he's going to figure in First Grade already!"

But it's brilliant news all around anyway!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
strider said:
i reckon at least paulo and weller would be ahead of mannah - probably joe galuvao too ..... maybe other more experienced guys also

Mannah is a player with plenty of prospect but definately will have to wait his turn. Paulo and Hauraki should be named week 1 next year.

parra pete

Referee
Hollywood Jesus said:
Will Burt singing til '10 have any effect on Hayne's decision?

Is he a good singer...or bad. Do he and Jaryd form a duo or something. In a group along with Eric Grothe perhaps? Does he have to sing for his supper.
Good on them if they do. Hope they get a recording contract like Liam Campbell

Redback71

First Grade
league week had a liitle bit on Burty and dont be suprised if he goes else where from next year. Glad he re-signed for 3 years then.

WA Eel

Juniors
Redback71 said:
league week had a liitle bit on Burty and dont be suprised if he goes else where from next year. Glad he re-signed for 3 years then.

Yeah, probably not one of "The Mole's" finest moments.