What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic signings for your club for next season?

Craig

Juniors
El Coconuto said:
Chelsea have just snapped up Mateja Kezman for a fee of approximately £5million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=304511&cc=3436

Your thoughts on both this signing and Crespo's pending departure?

Well he never seemed to adjust in England, constantly injured, and maybe he his lack of English may have been the contributing reason.

People can be too critical of overseas players coming to another country that speaks another language as that have to learn it which takes time, and they have to adjust to a different culture, different sytle of domestic league etc.

But I guess this is professional football and I guess you have to click straight away.

Craig

Juniors
Real Madrid have expressed an interest in Antonio Cassano.

Would cost a fortune but he may sit on the bench at Real Madrid.

Craig

Juniors
Well given the heaps of debt Roma are in and Real offered a big fee Roma may not be in a position to say no.

Come to think of it, Roma, Parma, and Lazio should be lucky they are top flight clubs IMO given their finincial difficulties.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
Well given the heaps of debt Roma are in and Real offered a big fee Roma may not be in a position to say no.

Come to think of it, Roma, Parma, and Lazio should be lucky they are top flight clubs IMO given their finincial difficulties.

Roma won't sell Totti or Cassano. They are the back-bone of the attack and will be around for years to come.

Our financial situation was improved last month, which is why we have managed to sign (almost) Ferrari and Mexes and have tabled an offer for Gilardino.

Craig

Juniors
Well Totti has said he will leave Roma if they become non competitive so I guess that was in reference to.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
Well Totti has said he will leave Roma if they become non competitive so I guess that was in reference to.

This was before EURO 2004.

From all reports, he has said he is happy and will be staying. I never really doubted him leaving anyway.

He says this to put pressure on the club to sign players.

Craig

Juniors
Yeah and Chelsea signed Tigao from Befica for 12m euros.

Not bad for somebody who never played at Euro 2004.

Julio Cruz has denied rumours he is on the way out.

Andy Cole has signed a two year deal with Fulham.

Bixente Lizarazu is likely to sign with Olympic Marseille, who are also looking at a number of players including Ibrahimovic, Saviola, Koller and Kluivert to replace Chelsea-bound Didier Drogba.

Craig

Juniors
Hidetoshi Nakata, Gianni Guigou, and Cristiano Lupatelli (both Roma) have joined newly promoted Fiorentina.

Juve have short listed Sol Campbell. Interesting decision... :arrow:

SP

Bench
Everton have signed Tim Cahill for 4.5 million (assuming that would be in $A)

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Nicky Butt is joining Newcastle. :(

On the one hand I'm extremely sad to see him leave, he's been a great servant to the club. Never comlained at being 2nd choice and always gave 100%. But I think it's the right time for him to move on, what with all the young midfielders we have at the moment like Djemba x2, Kleberson, Fletcher and new signing Miller.

Matt23

Staff member
If Man Utd have got so many midfield options, why are we looking at Rui Costa :? hopefully thats just a rumour

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I doubt it's true. Although if it is, he does bring something different. An experienced playmaker who can cut open defences with his killer passes. Most of the time he'd probably be coming off the bench when we need more creativity on the field, only starting when Scholesy is injured or being rested.

The problem would be that he would be taking valuable game-time away from the youngsters that I mentioned in the other post. Short-term he would probably perform better than they would, but long-term it's more important to get those guys settled into the team and playing well.

But everything Fergie has done over the last two seasons has been geared towards lowering the age in the squad. So I very highly doubt we'd buy a 32yo player.