What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic signings for your club for next season?

Craig

Juniors
thewizard1o1 said:
Shaun Allaway Leeds United Free Released
Darren Anderton Tottenham Free Released
Chris Armstrong Leeds United Free Released
Ibrahim Ba Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Paul Barrett Wrexham Free Released
David Batty Leeds United Free Released
Michael Bridges Leeds United Free Released
Callum Davidson Leicester City Free Released
Dion Dublin Arsenal Free Released
Larry Farren Leeds United Free Released
Gerald Forschelet Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Danny Foster Tottenham Free Released
Per Frandsen Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Steffen Freund Leicester City Free Released
Craig Hignett Leicester City Free Released
Lars Hirschfeld Tottenham Free Released
Steve Guppy Leicester City Free Released
Sean Holmes Wrexham Free Released
Steve Howey Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Andrew Impey Leicester City Free Released
Muzzy Izzet Leicester City Free Released
Shwan Jalal Tottenham Free Released
Ronny Johnsen Arsenal Free Released
Lee Jones Wrexham Free Released
Nwankwo Kanu Arsenal Free Released
Martin Keown Arsenal Free Released
Junior Lewis Leicester City Free Released
Des Lyttle Northampton Free Released
Billy McKinlay Leicester City Free Released
Jimmy McNulty Wrexham Free Released
Paul Murphy Leicester City Free Released
Lord-Kangana N'Diwa Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Dwight Pezzarossi Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Gustavo Poyet Tottenham Free Released
Nicolas Priet Leicester City Free Released
Alex Revell Cambridge Free Released
Alan Rogers Leicester City Free Released
Frank Sinclair Leicester City Free Released
Steve Thomas Wrexham Free Released
Paul Whitfield Wrexham Free Released
Jason Wilcox Leeds United Free Released
Tom Williamson Leicester City Free Released
Sylvain Wiltord Arsenal Free Released
Christian Ziege Tottenham Free Released

All were released yesterday....some nice talent in there....

Ronny Johnsen played for Aston Villa didnt he? #-o :-k

And no Winston Bograde? #-o #-o

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Ronny Johnsen played for Aston Villa didnt he?
:lol:

I also noticed Dion, but looks like you were the only one to pick up on Ronny. Aah Ronny, if it weren't for injuries what a player you could've been. It was no real co-incedence that the season we won the treble was one of the few he managed to go through uninjured.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Sylvain Wiltord will be a great pickup for whatever team signs him....also Leeds rejected two bids from Man Utd for Alan Smith. (3.5 million pounds the first and 5.5 million the second) Apparently Liverpool are expected to make an offer soon.

Craig

Juniors
Walter Samuel has joined Real Madrid from Roma for 22 million euros and Martin Laursen has left AC Milan and joined Aston Villa for next season.

Villa are aiming to get Robert Huth on a year's loan from Chelsea.

Craig

Juniors
If Diego Forlan doesnt get sold by Man U, then I expect him to go out on loan for year, maybe to one of the promoted clubs. Same applies for David Bellion.

I seem to be confused on who Inter want: Veron, Davids, Emerson and I read the other day that Inter were apparently interested in Frank Lampard, but I put the chances of that happening at lease then 2%.

Portugese international defender Jorge Andare (sp) has said he is prepared to quit Deportivo and join up with Man U. His manager is the same as Cristiano Ronaldo's...

Munky

Coach
I have heard faint rumours of Craig Moore going to Everton.

I hope it happens because we will have one of the best centre back cominations in the Premier League (Yobo aswell).

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Rivaldo's agent has said that the talks with Celtic have fallen through and he will be joining Bolton next season :x .

Craig

Juniors
Apparently Inter is going to sign either Edgar Davids or Juan Sebastian Veron.

Giovanni Pasquale is in talks with Lecce apparently and Real Sociodad are close to signing Jermie Brechet.

Craig

Juniors
I was reading today Inter turned down the chance to get Kaka when they did :evil: :roll: #-o #-o #-o #-o

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Man Utd look like they're about to sign Gabriel Heinze from PSG. Big argentinian defender who sounds like just what we need. Strong, physical and good in the air. He will probably play in the centre with Rio and Silvestre will move back to left back, although Heinze can also play in the fullback role.

We've also been linked with Patrice Evra from Monaco, but he's probably only a back-up in case the Heinze deal doesn't go through.

Craig

Juniors
thewizard1o1 said:
ouch....thats a bad man management decision there....

on the other hand GO MILAN!!! :mrgreen:

Because Hector Cuper believed he wouldn't fit into his 4-4-2 formation when he was in charge.

Surprise surpise, Cuper got sacked last year.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Leeds Off-Season Transfurs

IN
Danny Pugh (Part-Exchange)

Out
Alan Smith ($7,000,000)
Paul Robinson($1.5 - $2 million)

Madd Dogg, can't say i know anything about Pugh, whats the dirty on him? :lol:

aqua_duck

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
Man Utd look like they're about to sign Gabriel Heinze from PSG. Big argentinian defender who sounds like just what we need. Strong, physical and good in the air. He will probably play in the centre with Rio and Silvestre will move back to left back, although Heinze can also play in the fullback role.

We've also been linked with Patrice Evra from Monaco, but he's probably only a back-up in case the Heinze deal doesn't go through.
I reckon John O'Shea is a better left back than Silvestre anyway

Mad Dogg

Juniors
O'Shea has had a very poor season compared to the previous one. He put on weight over the off-season and it effected his acceleration, and that's a big no-no for fullbacks. I hope he gets a bit of a run in the central defence, that's his preferred position and he'll be able to use his size to our advantage.

Madd Dogg, can't say i know anything about Pugh, whats the dirty on him?
Can't say I know much about him either. From the little I heard about him he was considered a solid player but never good enough to make it with us. Don't know whether he'll make your starting side, but he'll provide competition at the very least.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
If he plays left sided he should be able to get a start, but on the right we have Milner,Bakke and Lennon. Hopefully he will suprise us thou:D

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Hmmm, I can't even remember what position he plays in at the moment. :oops:

I think he's a right back (although might be able to play centre as well). Just running the reserves through my mind and I'm pretty sure he's right back, with Tierney left back. I always get those two mixed up for some reason.

Latest posts