What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reality Check

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No one's mentioned Freddie yet

He reminded us just how good he is with that first try, that Walker scored.

A kick like that on his left foot, must have taken ages to perfect, he truly is a champion.

After the way Politis has behaved all week, I was glad to see them loose, as much as I dislike the doggies, as well.

And congrats to Andrew Ryan. What a waste in blue and white.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Twizzle said:
No one's mentioned Freddie yet

He reminded us just how good he is with that first try, that Walker scored.

A kick like that on his left foot, must have taken ages to perfect, he truly is a champion.

After the way Politis has behaved all week, I was glad to see them loose, as much as I dislike the doggies, as well.

And congrats to Andrew Ryan. What a waste in blue and white.

That is true Walkers try was very nicely put together but where was Freddie in the second half when Finch went MIA and Wing had to run from dummy half way to much cause there was no organisation in the rooters attack.

As for Hodges he should be headed for QLD cup next season cause he doesn't belong in the NRL...scum :evil: .

El Diablo

Post Whore
Avenger said:
One things is for sure Ryan and Tonga will now never return to the EELS.

I wouldn't want anyone who left parra for them to return.

Worst kind of traitors imaginable.

Morenito

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
Yeh, They still choke more then us... Atleast we don't make an attempt in the final series, When they do, They lose.

Dont get me wrong but i think most people would prefer parra to be in 4 of the last 5 grand finals and lost 3 of em. That compared to what parra has done in the last 3 years especially... Roosters lost but to say i rather have not being in the finals at all then lose in the grand final is a bit far fetched.

I hate the roosters as much as the bulldogs but id prefer the success they have had over last 3 years then nothing which we have done, even if they did lose all their grand finals. Being in a grand final is something in itself!

Hopefully next year roles are reversed and their success is passed on to the eels!

thedux

Juniors
I think what most people are saying on this thread sums-up just where Politis and Stuart have taken that club over the last few seasons. We, as diehard Parra fans, were cheering for the the Dogs in a GF just because we hate the roosters THAT MUCH!!!!!!

mightypanther

Juniors
We, as diehard Parra fans, were cheering for the the Dogs in a GF just because we hate the roosters THAT MUCH!!!!!!

Doesn't everyone that's NOT a gooster's fan ??? :lol:

I was screaming for the dogs too.

If a grand final doesn't have Penrith in it, then the next best thing is watching the goosters go doooown.

1 out of 4..........and they STILL can't play in the rain..........some benchmark huh ??? :roll: :lol:

thedux said:
I think what most people are saying on this thread sums-up just where Politis and Stuart have taken that club over the last few seasons. We, as diehard Parra fans, were cheering for the the Dogs in a GF just because we hate the roosters THAT MUCH!!!!!!

I was certainly in uncharted waters last night....I wouldn't say I was supporting the dogs but I took them over the Roosters in the end....I was certainly hoping Bobcat and Willie did well being ex-Eels....I hoped that Chad didn't sustain a major injury but yeah anything but the Roosters winning.

fish eel

Immortal
If Brian Smith coached us to the grand final, rocked us up almost less than one hour before kick off and we then played well beloew our best, what do you think would be said the next day?

Eels Dude

Coach
Roosters fell at the final hurdle again. It has to be said they are under-achievers. This is supposed to be their "golden era" yet they have just a single premiership to take from it. Gone should be the idea that they are the best rugby league club in Australia.

Eelectrica

Referee
I guess one could draw parrallells to the Manly team circa '95-'97. Great team with only one GF victory to show for it. Even that one was somewhat controversial as I guess some would say the Roosters win was.

bartman

Immortal
Hodges is poo. Willie T should've done a "look at the scoreboard" reply.

...or now a "look at my Kangaroo jersey" sms!

strider

Post Whore
thedux said:

I sure as hell wasn't cheering for the Dogs - they suck!!! ...are we just supposed to forget all that has been done by that club because they won a few footy games?....there's at least 2 women and 1 guy with a footprint in his face that won't ever forget!

I hate the Roosters these days too....I used to like the Roosters alot about 5 yrs back, but their club has turned into a self absorbed bunch of wankers headed by Gould and Stuart's egos....I still like alot of the Roosters players - Fitler is one of the greatest players of my lifetime, Ricko is generally ok (altho he has gotten into some angry pills of late), Wing has become a quality player, I just love watching Morely play - he pushes the limits sometimes, but he's great at what he does (reminds me of Mark Geyer).

scottyeel

Bench
I was cheering for the roosters. Ricky Stuart is an excellent coach and the roosters a great club.

eelsta

Bench
strider said:
thedux said:

I sure as hell wasn't cheering for the Dogs - they suck!!! ...are we just supposed to forget all that has been done by that club because they won a few footy games?....there's at least 2 women and 1 guy with a footprint in his face that won't ever forget!

I hate the Roosters these days too....I used to like the Roosters alot about 5 yrs back, but their club has turned into a self absorbed bunch of wankers headed by Gould and Stuart's egos....I still like alot of the Roosters players - Fitler is one of the greatest players of my lifetime, Ricko is generally ok (altho he has gotten into some angry pills of late), Wing has become a quality player, I just love watching Morely play - he pushes the limits sometimes, but he's great at what he does (reminds me of Mark Geyer).

agree100% just because they win a g f they suddenly become the victims, please i was cheering for the roosters last night and never will i cheer for a bulldog team. :twisted: :twisted:

eelsta

Bench
scottyeel said:
Im with you eelsta. Well said. :clap:
it defies belief that now the media says after what has been a tough year for dogs(whos fault is this i ask you)
they more or less derserve winning as some sort of consolation for what THEY have been through. also i dont believe the roosters choked at all, there was after all only 3 points in it and anyones game right to the end.

Hellsy

Immortal
I was cheering for Andy and Willy T, silently supporting the Dogs and laughing at the Rooters....But when it comes down to it both teams suck!!!!!

Sterling

Juniors
i find it hard to believe any eels fans actually cheering for the dog scum ...... i guess its us fans who followed the eels since the 80's that cant shed that hatred we have for them.

ParraMatt

Bench
Excuse Me, I understand all the rivalry bullshit, But of recent times i believe we have a pretty hefty rivarly with the roosters scum aswell. And maybe because I had 100 bucks on the doggies I was cheering for them more, And because my 2 best friends support the dogs.

Eels Dude

Coach
I reckon it was worth seeing the Bulldogs win to see the Roosters lose.

It was worth it seeing the Bulldogs win to see Ricky Stuart lose his temper.

It was worth it seeing the Bulldogs win to wipe that arrogant smirk of Phil Gould's face.

It was worth it seeing the Bulldogs win to see Chris Walker drop that long range kick a few minutes out from fulltime.

It was worth it seeing the Bulldogs win to know that most of the Rooster's arrogant supporters base would be shattered yet again.