What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons to be Cheerful Pt. 3...

thebigredv

First Grade
With all the hoo-ha over coaching and a horrendous number of missed tackles I just want to acknowledge one of the huge positives staring us in the face.

For a player in his first handful of first grade games I think Toby Couchman has been the first young forward to make the team and become a solid contributor to our go forward instantly. He is doing exactly what we wanted to see from the likes of Ford, Ellis, Host and Kerr to name a few.

He hits the line hard every time and is in there getting dirty repetitively. If this how he goes in his first few games I can only imagine how effective he will be in a season or two time. Hope his locked up long time. Perfect sort of up and comer for the new coach to work with and huge credit to Griffin for fast tracking his entry to first grade

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
With all the hoo-ha over coaching and a horrendous number of missed tackles I just want to acknowledge one of the huge positives staring us in the face.

For a player in his first handful of first grade games I think Toby Couchman has been the first young forward to make the team and become a solid contributor to our go forward instantly. He is doing exactly what we wanted to see from the likes of Ford, Ellis, Host and Kerr to name a few.

He hits the line hard every time and is in there getting dirty repetitively. If this how he goes in his first few games I can only imagine how effective he will be in a season or two time. Hope his locked up long time. Perfect sort of up and comer for the new coach to work with and huge credit to Griffin for fast tracking his entry to first grade
Spot on @thebigredv . Toby is certainly a "keeper" and could not have been more impressive in his first few games. Comments suggest that his twin brother Ryan plays a very similar style. I hope they both progress through the Dragons system for many years to come.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I just listened to Ben Haran on the Dragon's Den Podcast ( yes, I do feel a little unclean) and he didn't come across as being as completely inept as I thought he was. The best thing I got out of his talk was that there is a significant number of highly talented juniors progressing through the pathways. It gives a bit of hope for the next few years. Fingers crossed that the club can keep them all.

jak

Bench
I just listened to Ben Haran on the Dragon's Den Podcast ( yes, I do feel a little unclean) and he didn't come across as being as completely inept as I thought he was. The best thing I got out of his talk was that there is a significant number of highly talented juniors progressing through the pathways. It gives a bit of hope for the next few years. Fingers crossed that the club can keep them all.
totally agree with you mate, he come across a lot better than i thought he would.

Divine

Bench
Means the interim coach has a coupla more days to reboot the team. We're a chance. Dufty to score a slasher from halfway.

Latest posts