What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson at it again

bnie7349

Juniors
It's funny how bourbon bec has never mentioned anything about skd once he was cleared of all charges. Instead she wrote an article the next day about how the NRL is soft and should have suspended Mitch Pearce for longer then 8 weeks. Not surprised that she doesn't admit when she is wrong.

It's funny how bourbon bec has never mentioned anything about skd once he was cleared of all charges. Instead she wrote an article the next day about how the NRL is soft and should have suspended Mitch Pearce for longer then 8 weeks. Not surprised that she doesn't admit when she is wrong.
Never forget DUI Becs is a fumbleball ambassador.

Why any sporting team would want her as an ambassador is beyond me, but I guess the swans pay her to degrade NRL any chance she gets, too bad nobody takes bourbon bec seriously.
The Cygnets like most fumbelball clubs are all about BS and spin.
With Bourbon Becs they saying look we have a women ambassador, forgetting the fact of her past DUI history.

bnie7349

Juniors
The Cygnets like most fumbelball clubs are all about BS and spin.
With Bourbon Becs they saying look we have a women ambassador, forgetting the fact of her past DUI history.

It just shits me how pro AFL journalists/representatives always love to bring up past discretion's of NRL players, but when NRL players stuff up you never hear NRL journalists/representatives deflect it by saying stuff like "but Mitchell Pierce is not as bad as Wayne Carey and Ben Cousins".

But as you said, BS and spin is what fumbleball clubs do best.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Wilson on SEN radio is constantly bagging Grant and previously Smith, infact she constantly repeated the NRL commission has no league experience on it even though Wayne Pearce and John Grant played for Australia!!

When talking about Grant she claimed he hadn't played league since 1972 and then went to UNION!!!! Forgetting in the 70's that union banned anyone for life who played league so she rewrote history.

I checked out Grant's career and have written proof he played for South Brisbane until 1978, infact he was one of their main players. He also toured with the 1972 Australian World Cup team to France and had a guest stint with Warrington in 1973. So he is a league man to his boot straps.

bnie7349

Juniors
Wilson on SEN radio is constantly bagging Grant and previously Smith, infact she constantly repeated the NRL commission has no league experience on it even though Wayne Pearce and John Grant played for Australia!!

When talking about Grant she claimed he hadn't played league since 1972 and then went to UNION!!!! Forgetting in the 70's that union banned anyone for life who played league so she rewrote history.

I checked out Grant's career and have written proof he played for South Brisbane until 1978, infact he was one of their main players. He also toured with the 1972 Australian World Cup team to France and had a guest stint with Warrington in 1973. So he is a league man to his boot straps.

The whole purpose of that segment is for Wilson to bash Rugby League just to make the AFL fan boys happy. You would think an experienced "journalist" like Wilson would know this but she clearly relies on her own biased opinion rather then doing basic research on League and their commission.

The whole purpose of that segment is for Wilson to bash Rugby League just to make the AFL fan boys happy. You would think an experienced "journalist" like Wilson would know this but she clearly relies on her own biased opinion rather then doing basic research on League and their commission.
DUI Becs is not the sharpest tool in the box and it shows.

She drinks a whiskey drink,
She drinks a vodka drink,
She drinks a lager drink,
She drinks a cider drink...

I love Chumbawumba.

El Diablo

Post Whore

of course she knows it

she wouldn't go on Melbourne radio unless she was guaranteed that the sole purpose of her doing so was to bag Rugby League

LESStar58

Referee

Grant must have "degraded" her while he was playing like Fatty is alleged to have. Hence the agenda.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
But she is the women's voice of rugby league, until another female league supporter completely disagrees with her, then she chucks a tanty and gangs up on live radio (can't find a link but was a guest interviewee on a show after the Matty Johns saga and the female host tried to hit with her with some sense. If anyone has it or can find it it is gold

Patorick

Staff member
But she is the women's voice of rugby league, until another female league supporter completely disagrees with her, then she chucks a tanty and gangs up on live radio (can't find a link but was a guest interviewee on a show after the Matty Johns saga and the female host tried to hit with her with some sense. If anyone has it or can find it it is gold
I think it was on Triple M in 2009.

Or Triple J.

Something Triple.

Maybe Vega.

Not sure the show or the host.

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade

I love Chumbawumba.

Shouldn't it be

and then she drives home.....

LESStar58

Referee

This is why Yvonne Sampson is a breath of fresh air.

The only thing more attractive to me than a woman who plays a musical instrument is a woman who loves rugby league. Not only is she passionate about it she is knowledgeable about it. That is not to say that men are more knowledgeable about the sport than women but for so long the media has liked to tell the country that our game is not "female friendly" Whatever the feck that means. So to have a woman with so much savvy as a public figure in the game is great.

If Bourbs is the female voice of rugby league I'm a starting Kangaroo front rower!

LESStar58

Referee
I think it was on Triple M in 2009.

Or Triple J.

Something Triple.

Maybe Vega.

Not sure the show or the host.

She was also on Sunrise proclaiming that it was solely a rugby league issue. Magnay had a bit to say as well but at least she is balanced.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
This is why Yvonne Sampson is a breath of fresh air.

The only thing more attractive to me than a woman who plays a musical instrument is a woman who loves rugby league. Not only is she passionate about it she is knowledgeable about it. That is not to say that men are more knowledgeable about the sport than women but for so long the media has liked to tell the country that our game is not "female friendly" Whatever the feck that means. So to have a woman with so much savvy as a public figure in the game is great.

If Bourbs is the female voice of rugby league I'm a starting Kangaroo front rower!

And she played the game on the Sunshine Coast also.