What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson - Worst Rugby League Reporter.....ever.

docbrown

Coach
What has she done?

bed2.jpg

Brutus

Referee
What's ironic is that episode itself was a highly mooted panel revamp that was aborted after one show.

They were hoping for sparks to fly between Vautin and Wilson and they did.

Given my recent anti-Telegraph posts I'll ease up and let others post the snippets of their conversations/arguments instead.

If I recall, there wasn't much talk between them at all during the episode. You could sense the friction but nothing insulting or rude was said.

I thought Sterling and Vautin were rather kind to her on air, given the amount of shit she continued to place on them in her articles.

And if that simply not talking to her during the ad breaks was the worst of their crimes then...awwwww poor diddums DUI...

Wasn't some Crawley bloke the guy producing the Footy Show at the time.

Clovelly Road or something...

Ozzy

First Grade
I don't know if she is the worst. Its a toss of the coin between her and Sloth.

gronkathon

First Grade
There is plenty of competition for worst RL reporter ever.

Wilson is more of a gossip writer with a grudge.

Frillingos was a far bigger POS and for mine the worst RL journalist ever

Ozzy

First Grade

Nah, Chippy had some input, besides someone who gave "Bolts" an argument can't be all that bad.

seaeagle sam

I remember he wrote an anti-Super League article the day after it all came out. Then someone reminded him who paid his wages and SL was up there with sliced bread.

firechild

First Grade
But at least you can see right through anything he writes in favour of the gummies. He's a useless merkin for sure but compared to Bourbon Becky he's a Saint and a bloody good journo.

Ozzy

First Grade
But at least you can see right through anything he writes in favour of the gummies. He's a useless merkin for sure but compared to Bourbon Becky he's a Saint and a bloody good journo.
Hmmm. In case you haven't noticed, I don't think anyone has seen Sloth and Bourbon in this same room. Is Bourbon Sloth with a wig?

hrundi99

First Grade
It's well known in theindustry that Rothfield writes most of her league-related stuff...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If I recall, there wasn't much talk between them at all during the episode. You could sense the friction but nothing insulting or rude was said.

I thought Sterling and Vautin were rather kind to her on air, given the amount of shit she continued to place on them in her articles.

And if that simply not talking to her during the ad breaks was the worst of their crimes then...awwwww poor diddums DUI...

Yeah that's how I remember it also. They weren't being nasty to her, they just didn't really talk to her (I do have a feeling Sterlo did talk to her on occasions though). As you said, if I were Fatty and Sterlo, I wouldn't talk to her either after all the bullsh!t she had written about them. A few days after the show, she bagged out Fatty in the telegraph using her kids to attack him. She said something along the lines of one of her kids said in regards to Fatty; "Mummy, Mummy, why was that man so mean to you?".

Guess what kid - Your mums a mean b!tch!

docbrown

Coach

Sorry should clarify - the sparks were off screen not on screen. And either way, you can't have a long term working relationship if everybody dislikes one particular person.

On screen there was this silent hatred disgust by fake smiles.

Wilson had a massive go at them later in the week and Fatty went to Crawley and said that he wouldn't go out of his way to invite her into conversations on air.

It was never going to work.

Patorick

Staff member
Maybe but he puts sh!t on any team that's name doesn't start with "C" and ends with an "A".
Canberra?

Seriously though, Warren Ryan nailed it with Rothfield when he called him a "serial nincompoop". Well said.

Bourbon Bec is above and beyond "serial nincompoop" though, to be fair.

AuDragon

Juniors
This is doing my head in. I can't agree with bourbon bec!
Yet I think Fatty is way past it, old and seriously "unfunny"...

:crazy:

Latest posts