What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson - Worst Rugby League Reporter.....ever.

Patorick

Staff member
It would be a good idea to quote the whole article.

Just posting a link means we all have to click it, and that means we all contribute to News Ltd website traffic figures.

We might not pay out of our own pocket, but you're still leading every one to contribute to their revenue generating activities.

Well done.

but i assume just about every numpty plays supercoach so it doesn't matter anyway. News Ltd are always laughing.
Didn't want to subject everbody to the whole thing.

Just thought that last line summed it up.

CRISIS~!

BuffaloRules

Coach
CODE IN CRISIS!!

Maserati-driving chairman John Grant

Relevance in the type of car he drives? Wonder what her squeeze John Hartigan is driving these days...
This week, after making several less than impressive orations in the public arena, Grant did a lot more than that.

Perhaps he should have asked your mate David G for some public speaking lessons... urrr, ummm,,,,

They reluctantly agreed to News' condition that he be offered a four-year contract
Pretty smart actually.. they did what they had to to get your Employer out of the game

He deserved to walk away with a satisfied smile, rather than with a shadow of professional doubt.

No smile, but the $690K may help to console him...

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Every time I see a News Ltd piece bagging John Grant, the more I like the bloke.

The darkness has lifted. news Ltd were evil filth - as the Poms have finally discovered.

These are great days. The code has always been shackled to the filthy corpse of News Ltd. Now we are free.

Couldnt be happier if God decided to rid us of gay sh*t like Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Snoop Dogg and send back Bon Scott, John Bonham and Randy Rhodes!!!!

Sometimes we can judge a man by whom he pisses off.

On this account John Grant is succeeding wildly. I would count it as a badge of honour if News ltd. went after me with the vigour with which they are pursuing him. The beauty part is Grant gives every indication of fortitude, and I'm certain they will select a candidate for CEO that has the same quality. Attacks from the DT will be deflected easily and eventually they will fall into line, reeds in the breeze that they are.

Under this stewardship, our game is going to go from strength to strength

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd be concerned if she liked grant and thought the Arlc was doing a great job! Keep at it Arlc, you're obviously doing something right to get the haters offside.

As for the article, pffft. She is right he was a dead man walking just glad we got rid of the zombie sooner rather than later.

Lambretta

First Grade
My comment that I placed at the end of the article

Translation "wah, wah, wah, one of my co-colleagues who had been charged with the task of ensuring News Limited pay as little as possible for Rugby League Broadcasting rights just got found out and sacked. Wah, wah, wah"

Who wrote the article for you this time Bec?

Wonder if they'll publish it? :lol:

Lambretta

First Grade
Couldnt be happier if God decided to rid us of gay sh*t like Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Snoop Dogg and send back Bon Scott, John Bonham and Randy Rhodes!!!!

Don't compare Snoop Dogg to Justin Bieber, that's just wrong.

Snoop has rapped on a Gorillaz album which gives him 10,000 times more cred than the vast majority of artists out there. I'm not a fan of his music but the man is pretty straight up about who he is and how he goes about things. He also doesn't give a flying f**k if others don't like it. I respect that about him.

On this account John Grant is succeeding wildly. I would count it as a badge of honour if News ltd. went after me with the vigour with which they are pursuing him. The beauty part is Grant gives every indication of fortitude, and I'm certain they will select a candidate for CEO that has the same quality. Attacks from the DT will be deflected easily and eventually they will fall into line, reeds in the breeze that they are.

wasnt Grant Gallop's biggest supporter on the board? the discontent from the board with Gallop was there early on.

as an engineer, i can imagine Grant goes through a process with decisions and probably gave Gallop every chance to prove himself. but when there are new masters in any workplace, the old guard generally gets shown the door.

Grant didn't make the decision on his own. We all should hope that on an 8-person board, it was at least a majority board decision to oust him. it appears it was unanimous.

Grant's the chairman. he's the one that needs to release the news. it doesn't mean it was his decision alone though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In the article did she mention her boys not watching RL until poor dave is reinstated like she did with Sticky and the Roosters??? :lol:

Ron Swanson

Juniors
That was a great article. The new commission is a joke. They're effectively directors of the competitition and as such have no right to be so active in decision making. That's what management is for.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That was a great article. The new commission is a joke. They're effectively directors of the competitition and as such have no right to be so active in decision making. That's what management is for.
:lol: Beccy,Slothfield or Gallop himself????

Dresden Dan

Juniors
News Ltd are crying. What more evidence does anyone need? The INDEPENDENT Commission is being just that.

Patorick

Staff member
Not quite as funny as when their mate Sticky got sacked as Australian coach for verbally abusing a referee.

Close, though.

Ron Swanson

Juniors
You must be upset that your Stooge is gone.

Very much upset that Gallop got axed.

My views are reflective of the majority of league fans. All you need to do is look at the polls on Fox Sports and newspaper websites where there is resounding support for Gallop's job performance to realise that all of you tin foil hat posters are very much in the minority of society.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

My views are reflective of the majority of league fans. All you need to do is look at the polls on Fox Sports and newspaper websites where there is resounding support for Gallop's job performance to realise that all of you tin foil hat posters are very much in the minority of society.

You will find that the majority on this site know more about what is going on in the game outside of what the DT tries to shove down people's throats.

It is clear that the hat you are wearing is a conical shaped one with a big 'D' plastered on it.

Loudstrat

Coach

:clap:

And an extra one for having an underrated musical genius in your avatar! :clap:

Umm, directors DIRECT, and managers MANAGE. Directors make directions about things - managers manage things. Think about which of those 2
roles is about making decisions about what is to be done, and which is about just making sure the decisions are actually done.

Why else would company directors get paid squillions? Why would managers be answerable to a board of directors?

And dyou you for one second believe Gallop was NOT answerable to the NRL board, and therefore answerble to Murdoch ultimately? Think about it - it was easy to punt Souths and Norths (before Gallops time admittedly), and impossible to bring the Bears back - even with a sure fire guarantee at Gosford. Ye it was impossible to punt Melbourne - or even stop throwing coin at them!

I liked Gallop - I think he was a good man with a genuine concern for the games good. Yet, when the invisible leash from Hartigan's office yanked back, he fell into line quicker than a well trained cattle dog.

It was easier to accept a cheap TV rights deal than piss off the boss. It was easier to blame AFL's longer tedium compared to our 80 minutes of quality.

It was easier to strip Canterbury and Melboring of premiership points and titles. Much harder than conduct an inquiry that might show elite players in a bad light - and subsequently any knowledge/condoning/funding higher up the News Ltd hierarchy.

To be in the majority of society means one works for Railways India, follows soccer and lives in poverty. Living in Australia, above the poverty line and enjoying Rugby League (even if, in my case, that means only 3 wins all year) is better than that.

I'm happy to be in the minority that is above average. Quoting Murdoch's own polls is like getting a video ref to ask a player "Well, did you score it or not"?

News Ltd did irrepairable damage to Rugby League - and continued to do so. Cheap TV rights deals, of which the first $10 million per year went back to News Ltd. Post Super League, News Ltd would have peeled, what, $500 million out of the game?

Gallop, for all his skills, success and nice family guy ethical smile-and-his-teeth-gleam qualities, was always nothing more than News Ltd's man.

If you are grieving the loss of News Ltd from our game, you are either:
1) Union troll
2) AFL troll
3) Rooting a News Ltd exec, or
4) Brain dead.

Latest posts