What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel eyes Eels top job - mX

Gronk

Staff member
So why is it that Leabeater CBF'd voting since 1996 ? Lack of passion there methinks. ;-)

Bigfella

Coach
2.5 P?

This should amuse everyone. After Terry came on to the forum last Friday and launched an attack on me (even though I was actually arguing his case!) I went to a Christmas party on the Sunday night.

Twenty minutes after I got there - who should stroll in but Terry Leabetter? Never come acorss him in all my life and I cross swords with him twice in 48 hours!

Congratulated him on the election that day briefly but didn't introduce myself as "Bigfella".

carson

Juniors
How does jobs for the boys fit in with the 3P platform of accountability?

I know it's a left field suggestion but if they do get into a position to replace Denis then I would try a fill the position of CEO with a skilled CEO and pay them accordingly!!

I don't want to have started some crap about him being a 'Perpetual' member ... he said he believed he had some sort of membership, I can't remember the exact words

but at the end of the day he believed he had membership, had actually voted in the past - which suggests the club thought he did at some stage too ..... maybe when it all boils down to it he DOESN'T and hence was rightly stopped from being nominated - BUT you can't blame the bloke for thinking he was eligible if he HAD voted in the past regardless of whether he received a bloody book in the mail each year (hint hint, some ppl don't collect the books)

Thats the thing, I won't doubt he has had membership in the past, but I do doubt this idea of a Perpetual membership from the stories I have heard.

And you don't need to collect them, the fact that I do is neither here o there, but as a member of the club with a financial responsibility to the club I do like to see the Annual report.

He is perfectly entitled to query why he was stopped from voting only when it became publicly known that he would be voting a certain way.

See I think he wouldn't have been able to vote for at least 6 years prior to that and maybe more. He is allowed to query it, but again the question is why wait until you are going to run to query it?

Bigfella

Coach
See I think he wouldn't have been able to vote for at least 6 years prior to that and maybe more. He is allowed to query it, but again the question is why wait until you are going to run to query it?

Because he wasn't actually stopped until he decided to run, surely?

youngy

Juniors
I reckon col green will be the next CEO of the club . All parra supporters should support this . I cannot believe that people would support the previous board that apperars happy with losing $ 4,5 mill dollars a year for 30 years

I happen to know that col is a magician with a balance sheet and with making a profit and rebuilding a failing business

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon col green will be the next CEO of the club . All parra supporters should support this . I cannot believe that people would support the previous board that apperars happy with losing $ 4,5 mill dollars a year for 30 years

I happen to know that col is a magician with a balance sheet and with making a profit and rebuilding a failing business

Col Green would certainly be entitled to apply for the position. Of course 3P are all about transparency and accountability, so practicing what they preach would involve an open public recruitment process....:-k

Raudonikis

Juniors
I think its become quiet obvious Parra needs change and that change needs to start from the top and flow down the ranks..Before T.Leabeater played for parra didnt he play for the magpies???Yes he did..he was a good front rower there to.

Hellsy

Immortal
Depends how 3P see things run if they get in.
I personally also do not have enuf knowledge on Terry to make a judgement call, but I am sure we will hear more about him and why he wants (if in fact he does) the job.

If they want Footy operations all back in hands of Footy club, but all financials with the Leagusie then Terry prob wouldn't need as many qualifications as whomever will be CEO of Leagusie