What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption - Grand Theft Western... Oh My!!!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
well my plan to get it this friday has been postponed to next tuesday..annoyed as hell lol. Rockstar are shipping it later then usual to prevent leaking it early.

Bulldog Force

Referee
That's the spirit. None of this "trying the game" stuff, eh?

And yes, you steal horses. Lasso them...shoot a guy off one. Also when you ride them and flog them a bit too hard (press square too much) then they'll buck you off. Additionally, if you are a nice horse owner then your horse will become friends with you and be more gentle.

I'm looking forward to:

• Shooting varmints
  • Playing poker against players and then shooting them
  • Shooting buzzards
  • Tying up a player, dragging himr to the train tracks and wait for a train to come. Then possibly shoot him.
  • Shooting cougars
  • Shooting bears
  • Shooting other players when I've gained their trust.
My character will be a fat Mexican and my name shall be Juan Panchez. My trusty steed will be a 3ft tall narcoleptic donkey called Mr. Gary. Fear me...
Why buy the game though? If I wanted all that, I'd simply head to Kings Cross :D

Evenflow

Bench
I haven't touched my console for nearly a year but i'll be getting the game on Friday and really looking forward to it especially after the excellent reviews from pretty much everywhere. For those that have both consoles from what i've read they all seem to say it's better on the 360, here's some screen shots i've found and it does look the (slightly) better. Plus i've also read the PS3 has a few frame rate issues but overall it's nothing to worry about for PS3 owners only.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=6605382

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
it got a 9.5 on gamespot, also being touted as the best open world game to date!

I think Ill have the runs all of next week and have to stay home, I knew sick days would be useful when I needed them.

Thomas

First Grade
It's been released a day early. Someone broke the street date so EB and JB Hi-Fi are selling it.

I just picked up a copy for $89. Complete with DLC assassin's outfit.

There goes my life.

Thomas

First Grade
The footage leaked during the week of a dude playing the game, lassoing a nun, carrying her off on his horse and putting her on some train tracks just before a train came sold me.

That's the type of villiany I love.

adamkungl

Immortal
The footage leaked during the week of a dude playing the game, lassoing a nun, carrying her off on his horse and putting her on some train tracks just before a train came sold me.

That's the type of villiany I love.

Sounds like the RDR equivalent of driving a hooker off a cliff in GTA :lol:

Thomas

First Grade
I played it for a couple of hours last night. Epic.

There are some nasty glitches in multiplayer like everyone going invisible, being booted from servers and general sh*ttiness but apparently they are releasing a patch soon. My online character is a fat seedy mexican who rides a very short mule. Apparently when you level up in MP you unlock better horses. I quite like my mule.

Single player is loads of fun. I did a few tasks, rented an apartment in town, shot someone during a game of poker and got mauled by a pack of wolves. Pro tip: when travelling at night, don't venture off the road.