What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption - Grand Theft Western... Oh My!!!

Jono078

Referee
This is just a heads up for those who finished the main last mission and are yet to see the credits.

Go to blackwater trainstation and you'll have a new mission which is really cool and satisfying.

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, go and work for Bonnie and do the horse wrangling mission. You get it after that.

Last night I tied up every person I saw. LULZ were had.

[furrycat]

Coach
Whats with some muppets in free roam who think its a death match and get all excited when they keep killing you over and over again? Don't think they realise that they need to actually go into a deathmatch mode.

Thomas

First Grade
[furrycat];6645047 said:
Whats with some muppets in free roam who think its a death match and get all excited when they keep killing you over and over again? Don't think they realise that they need to actually go into a deathmatch mode.

Welcome to Free Mode! It used to happen all the time in GTA but I was super deadly at that game so guys would regret shooting both me and my friends very quickly. We'd hunt guys out of the game.

Headset rage!!

Unfortunately I am not good enough at killing people in RDR yet so I keep getting nailed by random guys while I am picking flowers or hunting wolves. It does help if you have a posse of friends who can help.

I'd suggest quick travelling to somewhere on the map but they can follow you pretty easily.

skeepe

Immortal
Funny little thing happened that reminded me why Rockstar are ahead of the rest - because of all the little touches that immerse you into the world just that much better.

Riding around the desert, I see this guy on a horse. He jumps off and high-tails it into the bushes. I wonder what the hell he was doing, so follow.... and come across him pissing on a rock.

I couldn't play for 5 minutes for the laughing.

cupid

Juniors
Funny little thing happened that reminded me why Rockstar are ahead of the rest - because of all the little touches that immerse you into the world just that much better.

Riding around the desert, I see this guy on a horse. He jumps off and high-tails it into the bushes. I wonder what the hell he was doing, so follow.... and come across him pissing on a rock.

I couldn't play for 5 minutes for the laughing.
I also saw something really cool in the middle of the desert aswell, there was a man crying over his dead wife, he then pulls a gun out and shoots himself. Thought that was pretty cool.

Thomas

First Grade
I helped some marshalls arrest a dude out in the desert.

I got paid for my tourbles and as I jumped on my horse I saw the head lawmen walk up and blast the dude in the face.

Whoa.

[furrycat]

Coach
The other night I saw a guy crouched over a dead woman, crying. Must have been his wife. He then pulled out a pistol and shot himself in the face.

[furrycat]

Coach
Furthermore, I have to say I absolutely loved the game. I'm not the biggest gamer but I loved that it had a good story! Made me want to finish it and find out what happened. I'll give it another run one day and do it completely opposite to how I played (I was a good boy... rarely did bad things!) so we'll see what side missions pop up when my honor is as lowwww as it can goooo...

Paullyboy

Coach
I was sooooo close to buying this the other day, but I tend to get distracted by my sports games and never end up finishing role-playing ones. Based on these posts, I'm thinking I might have to try this.

shewi6

Juniors
GOD DAMN IT!!! Why oh why did my PS3 have to blow up just before this game comes out. :(

Thomas

First Grade
I'll finish it and then do a Fallout 3 and play as an absolute merkin. Shoot everyone.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Seems that I (along with most of the people posting on here) that I have played as the good guy. Doing the right thing, helping shop owners get thefts, etc. You know all the random people that coming running up asking for help.

Look forward to doing the opposite - shooting anyone and everyone, stealing heaps, etc. Wonder how it will change the details of the game. Wonder if you go from loving husband who knocks back hookers to sleazy cheating husband HAHA!

Also, had my first mountain lion experience the other night. Scared the sh*t out of me. Killed my horse in one swipe. And then me the next. Didn't have time to draw my rifle.

[furrycat]

Coach
I was sooooo close to buying this the other day, but I tend to get distracted by my sports games and never end up finishing role-playing ones. Based on these posts, I'm thinking I might have to try this.

I'm usually the same, but I just HAD to finish it. I loved it.

cupid

Juniors
[furrycat];6643272 said:
Finished this last night, well the main story- GREAT game... really enjoyed it. Ending was sad.
Why did you have to say the ending was sad?:( That gives away enough to assume his family gets killed.

Damn it, I spoiled the game for myself, some merkin on a youtube video spoiled it. f**k!

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Picked this up on Ebay for $65. Can't wait to play it. Jizzing my pants at the thought. I've been getting immersed in youtube walkthroughs for this game lol...

[furrycat]

Coach
Picked this up on Ebay for $65. Can't wait to play it. Jizzing my pants at the thought. I've been getting immersed in youtube walkthroughs for this game lol...

Mate it is BRILLIANT and im not a big videogamer. I absolutely loved it. I wanna play it again and do the opposite of what I did the first time (but also turn off autoaim... made it a bit too easy)

Latest posts