What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption - Grand Theft Western... Oh My!!!

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I was so gutted when my flatmate that owned the PS3 (and this game & all my gamesaves for a variety of games) moved out earlier this year, hah! I had got to the end of the main story, but still had plenty of exploring to do!

Oh well, will get around to getting another PS3 soon enough and will get this and do it all over again!! This time being more of a badass than a gentleman!

I wanna come across some of those "manimal" glitches, where animals are generated with human textures/skin, so they look all crazy demonic!

Iafeta

Referee
Rockstar had some great games with similar engines - LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, and the GTA series. All top games IMO.

Red Dead Redemption I think is the best of the lot. So much to do, such a massive open canvas. And the ability to be a hero or be an outlaw based on your actions in the open world. Tops.

LA Noire would have been so much more amazing if it had a little be more of an expansive world. I get what they were doing but it was too linear. At least some more side missions to do would have been better along with the random street crime.

But yeah, Rockstar are easily the best at what they do. I'm really hanging for another Red Dead game over GTA 5 tbh

Iafeta

Referee
Yep, agree, if they had more side missions it would have outstanding. The main storyline was good I thought, but you're right, you didn't really get to utilise a very large open world which was a shame.

I agree, I'd rather get another RDR in ahead of GTA. RDR was the best by a fair margin IMO, which is saying something given how good the others are.

Zigwaa

Bench
I read on here a few people were stoked with the "I Know you stranger" missions. The ending of the missions didn't really make sense to me?

I know the bloke was figment of Marston's imagination. Was it to make choose to do the right thing opposed to being bad. Was it supposed to be someone he murdered when he was an outlaw?

abpanther

Staff member
Sources this week claim the new game will be called: Red Dead: Legends of the West and will include a trio of characters, like used in GTA 5.

Irish and Seth are reported to be returning as playable characters, with the game set before the events of Red Dead Redemption.

A third playable character is also set to be included but will be fully customisable and be new to the series.

Other reported features include, buying your own safe house, the ability to join gangs and town law enforcement, and chance to pull off bank robberies.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...d-Island-2-release-date-Star-Wars-Battlefront

Hope to see this come out this year