What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REd V Forum Tonight (Thurs)

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
good chance for forum members to put down their keyboards and ask questions in the flesh to people who are running the show. You may be surprised there is often method to what appears madness. And madness to what often appears method. At least its a chance to get a few hours respite away from the computer

st.phil

Bench
yeah I am giving this year a miss - pure talk shop, a spin class of another variety...they are progressively sanitizing it and you end up listening to half an hour on which cap was better in the members pack. A bum trip - but keen to hear a full report ha

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Can someone who is going please ask them what plan is in place for bolstering our forward pack to help out trent merrin.

bottle

Coach
dino didn't you go?
you could have had the time of your life interjecting 'DICE PRICE' after every question.

saintania

Juniors
Check Jubilee Ave forum. I have just posted extensive notes from the forum including some personal commentary.

TonyT6

First Grade
Check Jubilee Ave forum. I have just posted extensive notes from the forum including some personal commentary.

I'm waiting for my passport to be stamped to get into Jubilee Ave, could you pm me what you have posted.cheers

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
In a nutshell.

The St George Leagues Club grant has dropped almost to nothing as they fight to secure their own future. The Football JV has gone to the NRL for the shortfall.

In return, the NRL dictates certain things. Like where we play etc.

Because the NRL is reliant on TV money, they do what Nine says.

Nine for whatever reasons, say they want to cover games at big stadiums.

When pressed about a link between home ground advantage and a winning culture to crowd increases, NRL's Paul Kind says there should be no linkage, "teams like Parramatta are growing crowds despite coming last two years in a row".

Dragon's COO Malcolm McLaren said the game allocation for the Dragons was a vagary of the draw and not stacked against Kogarah.

But there is some good news on the horizon....

Fans will be able to purchase $3 Chiko Rolls at Homebush during a special Mothers Day promotion. As it is a Bulldogs co-home game, these will be fried slowly to avoid the batter being so crisp it can be used as a cosh on unsuspecting rival fans.

Last edited:

64 Dragon

Coach

Fans will be able to purchase $3 Chiko Rolls at Homebush during a special Mothers Day promotion. As it is a Bulldogs co-home game, these will be fried slowly to avoid the batter being so crisp it can be used as a cosh on unsuspecting rival fans.

I don't know why I find this funny, but I do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In a nutshell.

The St George Leagues Club grant has dropped almost to nothing as they fight to secure their own future. The Football JV has gone to the NRL for the shortfall.

In return, the NRL dictates certain things. Like where we play etc.

Because the NRL is reliant on TV money, they do what Nine says.

Nine for whatever reasons, say they want to cover games at big stadiums.

When pressed about a link between home ground advantage and a winning culture to crowd increases, NRL's Paul Kind says there should be no linkage, "teams like Parramatta are growing crowds despite coming last two years in a row".

Dragon's COO Malcolm McLaren said the game allocation for the Dragons was a vagary of the draw and not stacked against Kogarah.

The part in bold shows how little respect the supporters are getting, and what little value the game's custodians put on the endurance of the fan base. When the fans pack up and walk away, the game's custodians will the last ones to see it coming.

In any case, the speaker isn't telling the full story. Figures show that crowds are down by 15%. They will of course put their spin on the figures. The funniest part I heard was when one of them said that "figures don't lie".

And onto a side point... my understanding is that this is the first time almost 20 years that the League's management has sent representatives out to a public meeting at St George. The last time they were present was in 1995 when the supporters were rallying against the merger with Easts. So gauging the fans' reaction to the home ground decisions must be fairly high on the NRL's to do list. Take from that what you will, but in my opinion there must be some concern that the fans - ie the game's major stakeholders - are not all buying into the rhetoric.

This is despite the tall tale that the protest is coming from a minority... makes you wonder who they are trying to convince of this.

Latest posts