What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

saints4ever

First Grade
Thanks for the really kind words guys.
I think Curtis addition to the podcast team is a good one and probably gets me out of my shell and sharing about the team a lot more, that previously.
Excited about what the season will bring next year and hoping we can continue to build the podcast.
I really like Curtis, even as a Tigers fan he offers great insight into our club.

Curious though what happened to Johnny?

jackyboi90

Juniors
I really like Curtis, even as a Tigers fan he offers great insight into our club.

Curious though what happened to Johnny?
Yeah I think he has been a great addition.
Johnny just moved into other things. He said he wanted a bit of a break from it because of work and family stuff, but hasn’t really reached out to come back. I’ve asked him back a few time to come on the podcast but he wasn’t able to commit. That’s why I’ve been lucky to have access to Curtis so much.

jak

Bench
Johnny just moved into other things. He said he wanted a bit of a break from it because of work and family stuff, but hasn’t really reached out to come back. I’ve asked him back a few time to come on the podcast but he wasn’t able to commit. That’s why I’ve been lucky to have access to Curtis so much.
love your commitment to your podcast on the dragons very much apricated by myself and many others im sure, please keep up the great job your doing and have a merry christmas.

saints4ever

First Grade

Understand but that sucks. He was great to listen to when going nuclear about how shit we are going.

To be fair, both of you offer great insights and don't mince words when playing a straight bat on the teams performances.

Something I think we are all grateful for

Trifili13

Juniors
This new kid joined Endeavour Sports High recently and he is a giant. Hopefully he continues to develop and transitions successfully to playing against men as plenty have looked liked the next immortal playing in their own age group but don't make it in the grind of the NRL. We need some big boppers that will trample the opposition.

SnowDragon

Juniors

tik tok of all things…
but the guy here says that’s the hight of Pain Haas, but +5kg. He looks athletic even…
17yrs old, 194kg, 122kg.

I have no idea more than what I could scrounge up, and no idea how correct it is. Fingers crossed he has good work ethics, and some decent footy skills. I’d prefer we focus on these developments rather than try to buy others. :)

Attachments

• ED18D765-A378-437C-820E-2D2126E7DA32.jpeg
    ED18D765-A378-437C-820E-2D2126E7DA32.jpeg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 026188F7-62E5-4288-8B81-E6BAB402EDB5.jpeg
    026188F7-62E5-4288-8B81-E6BAB402EDB5.jpeg
    922.8 KB · Views: 5

BLM01

First Grade
Let's not get carried away. Eddie Blacker looks like Ivan Drago and, respectfully, is a marshmallow.

Let's hope this kid is taught how to use his body aggressively
I would partly agree with you about Eddie but Penrith still see some potential and ability with him
He did leave us or we let him go for good reason on what I saw however he is still young

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

tik tok of all things…
but the guy here says that’s the hight of Pain Haas, but +5kg. He looks athletic even…
17yrs old, 194kg, 122kg.

I have no idea more than what I could scrounge up, and no idea how correct it is. Fingers crossed he has good work ethics, and some decent footy skills. I’d prefer we focus on these developments rather than try to buy others. :)
Screenshot_20221217-114649_Chrome.jpg

jackyboi90

Juniors

We are joined by Matthew Elliott for a wide ranging chat on this week's podcast. Matt talks about his beginnings in North Queensland, the accidental nature of his opportunities in Rugby League, France, coming to St George, Brian Smith and a lot more.

Plus we briefly chat through the rumors of a Dragons name change and the impending signing of Ben Murdoch Masila.

jackyboi90

Juniors

Hear part two of our far reaching chat with Matty Elliott.
Matt Talks through his coaching career, what he learnt, what he got wrong and his experiences from his days with Bradford, Canberra, Penrith and the NZ Warriors.

Plus has some great yarns from his longevity in Rugby League.

Merry Xmas and happy new year Red V fans.

jackyboi90

Juniors

We are back to regular programming here on the Red V Podcast.

We recap the latest Dragons news with an in depth look at the Junior Amone news, new signings for the Illawarra Women's side, name change fiasco and a lot more.

Plus we begin our position review (fullbacks and wingers) , by asking the question of who will be the number 1 for the red v? Does Rava recover from his injuries? What young players should we be on the lookout for?

jackyboi90

Juniors

A bumper epiosde of the Red V Podcast, so tune in!

We discuss the re-signing of Blake Lawrie (Is it an inspiring one? Has he warranted it?). Plus round up all of the other Dragons news (trial set for Saturday, Junior Amone update, Junior rep wrap and more).

Continue our position preview with a close look at the centre role for the Red V. What does Zac Lomax need to do to take that next step for the Dragons? Should Moses Suli be moved to the back row? How Valuable are these two to our club?

Plus a look at culture, and the many issues and incidents that have been faced by the club in recent years. Can it be fixed? What needs to be done?

Listen on Podbean, Spotify, Apple Podcasts and all other good podcast providers.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Just started listening to the podcast.

had to disagree with the negative opening comments on Lawrie. Good resigning. I watched every game over the last years and see solid improvement. Curtis did give a good commentary in reply though.

my opinion is he is a Solid first grader, even if I can’t imagine him going on to higher honours at this stage. But building rosters requires good team men like Blake, who are reliable. He bends the line, is high effort. So glad to see him resigned.

this does not mean I don’t want an extra enforcer in our team. That said, let’s hope Molo can step up to the level we know he is capable of, and maybe musgrove too… then Jayden Hunt has potential I think and… :)