What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins recruitment targets

He’s not a bad player you any stretch.

Special ops to be deployed to dislodge some marquee from established clubs. Sow the seeds of discontent. Rumour, innuendo, pay an established factory loafer a fortune to come across and watch the player managers pick up the phones.

Plenty of established loafers all over the game. Plenty at the tigers to choose from.

A lot of those young Panthers etc would be on lemonade money. Their cup overfloweth but they still keep importing from all over. Spies in New Zealand for heavens sake.

This is a very disturbing trend for the next young hero in lower grades.
Cameron Munster and James Tedesco would be great signings.

Cameron Munster and James Tedesco would be great signings.

I like Cam, especially as he’s gone feral.

But Tedesco appears to be the ultimate “ don’t you know who I am? “ footballer.

If I was setting out a plan of possible talent for 2023, the top 5 players I want ( in no particular order) are:

Stefano: the most exciting young forward on Gods Earth.

Matty Burton: no less than a future immortal. An old head on a young frame. Will only benefit from time away from the Clearys and their rubbish ethics.

Cameron Murray: the ultimate forward. A freak of nature.

DCE: Captain and the best person in the game

And maybe Val Holmes who is struggling at the cows. He wants out I think.

I think if we can lure these guys away, we’d have a pretty capable side.

I’m also a big fan of Jarrod Wallace. I know he’s not Uber elite etc, but there is something I like about him. Could be his 92% defence.

Watch Adam Elliot set the raiders alight this year. He’s killing it at pre season. He’s given up the grog for his lovely prop girlfriend. If can stay on the wagon, a small wad.

Last edited:
I like Cam, especially as he’s gone feral.

But Tedesco appears to be the ultimate “ don’t you know who I am? “ footballer.

If I was setting out a plan of possible talent for 2023, the top 5 players I want ( in no particular order) are:

Stefano: the most exciting young forward on Gods Earth.

Matty Burton: no less than a future immortal. An old head on a young frame. Will only benefit from time away from the Clearys and their rubbish ethics.

Cameron Murray: the ultimate forward. A freak of nature.

DCE: Captain and the best person in the game

And maybe Val Holmes who is struggling at the cows. He wants out I think.

I think if we can lure these guys away, we’d have a pretty capable side.

I’m also a big fan of Jarrod Wallace. I know he’s not Uber elite etc, but there is something I like about him. Could be his 92% defence.

Watch Adam Elliot set the raiders alight this year. He’s killing it at pre season. He’s given up the grog for his lovely prop girlfriend. If can stay on the wagon, a small wad.
Valentine Holmes and Jake Clifford would be good targets.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Valentine Holmes and Jake Clifford would be good targets.
Holmes is under contract until '25. Clifford same. Unless Dolphins are going to splash some of their wealth to get players released then there is very few available for '23. '24 looks more promising for them if they can get some decent players to move, which they havent managed so far. Where's the signings from their Qlnd cup side? I thought that was one of the reasons for bringing in an established club?

Holmes is under contract until '25. Clifford same. Unless Dolphins are going to splash some of their wealth to get players released then there is very few available for '23. '24 looks more promising for them if they can get some decent players to move, which they havent managed so far. Where's the signings from their Qlnd cup side? I thought that was one of the reasons for bringing in an established club?

Weren't you mocking them for signing three lower grade players?

Theres still a season to go in Qcup before the Dolphins come in and Redcliffe are still under feeder contract with the Warriors. There is no need for them to be signing anyone from Qcup just yet

I know youre a salty old coot cause youre precious Perth were over looked again but fair dinkum mate

Perth Red

Post Whore
Theres still a season to go in Qcup before the Dolphins come in and Redcliffe are still under feeder contract with the Warriors. There is no need for them to be signing anyone from Qcup just yet

I know youre a salty old coot cause youre precious Perth were over looked again but fair dinkum mate
So leaving the best QRL players to be risked signing up by Warriors/other NRL clubs? Sounds like a plan.

So leaving the best QRL players to be risked signing up by Warriors/other NRL clubs? Sounds like a plan.
lol ok mate

a. Most of the Dolphins Qcup squad are already signed beyond 2022, aside from the ones contracted to the Warriors

b. Who says the best QCup players are playing for Redcliffe?

Jeezus you really are blinded by jealousy

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol ok mate

a. Most of the Dolphins Qcup squad are already signed beyond 2022, aside from the ones contracted to the Warriors

b. Who says the best QCup players are playing for Redcliffe?

Jeezus you really are blinded by jealousy
Not jealousy, self interest. The more successful Dolphins are from day 1 the quicker we will see an 18th club admitted, hopefully Perth!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
They should target great talent nearby
Carrigan and Flegler should be top of the list
As a broncos supporter I would be left shattered

Perth Red

Post Whore
They should target great talent nearby
Carrigan and Flegler should be top of the list
As a broncos supporter I would be left shattered
I think the theory was that all the ex pat Queenslanders would flock back at the opportunity to join a new Brisbane club. Hasn't eventuated. I hope they have a plan B. Still Ponga and Farnworth on the table. Hopefully they can land them both.
Halfback may be a problem with not much around. Austin and Widdop are both off contract at Warrington at years end and may form a ready made partnership for a year or two at the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Good!

Very Good!

Raid the f**k out of the Storm and send them down the ladder!

That's now two world class non-Victorian rugby league greats that we've rescued from the parasitic entity known as the Melbourne Storm Football Club.

Now we need to get Munster away from that awful mob to speed up their transition down the ladder.