What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins

Another thread satiated with Bears fans now. Have fun Redcliffe proponents.

What do you mean by that? 4 of us have posted, 3 of us have been positive. You get more negativity from the Reds fans, WC fan and most existing club fans who have posted in here than Bears fans. Trying to be funny but failing to read through the posts properly first?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Perth Red - classic example. Hasnt yet admitted that Brisbane already have a team. Cannot understand that people will mainly adopt a new team because they represent their district. If a team is already doing that, what exactly is the reason that fan will flock to the duplicate?

Quidgey, The only way you could divide Broncos fans from Crushers fans is to divide the teams into different competitions. That is exactly what happened. The Broncos hadnt been around very long either -same amount of time as the Gold Coast actually.

But 97 seperated Crushers fans from Broncos fans. In that year, Broncos average home crowd was 2.75 times higher. If that scenario was repeated this season, with the Broncos average of 31604, the duplicate side would average only 11469 - making it the least supported club in the entire comp.

As a comparison, the average crowd at Gosford this year is only bettered by 5 teams.

Doesnt suit your argument, I know. But it does suggest that Redcliffe and the Western Corridors (love those QLD mascots btw ;-)) can tap into the essential "Our local team" demographic, whereas the Bombers cannot.

And PR, next time you reply, dont ignore the bits you cannot argue against, because it looks like you know I am right, and just cannot admit it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What a load of rubbish. You suggested that the drop off in Crushers crowds somehow proved that a 2nd Brisbane team wouldn't work. I proved that most clubs had similar drop offs yduringthat period yet managed to recover their crowds after the SL fiasco. There is nothing to suggest the Crushers wouldn't have done the same. Brisbane is plenty big enough, and the code strong enough in that city, to have the Broncos avg over 35k and a new team avg over 20k. There is no evidence what so ever to suggest it isn't and plenty of examples in other codes to show it can work.
If that's the Bombers, WC or any other Brisbane area bid that puts its hand up will be for the IC to decide. I'd lay bets on that a 2nd Brisbane team will be avg bigger crowds than Bears or Reds from day one.

Quidgybo

Bench
Doesnt suit your argument, I know.
Re-iterating a case built on a dodgy foundation doesn't make it any more convincing than the first time you said it. If you can make your case without relying on the extraordinary circumstances of the Super League war then please do. But when it comes to crowd figures and financial results from the years '95 thru to pretty much 2000, put a giant asterisk on it and just leave it out. For drawing conclusions about the game under normal circumstances, they prove nothing.

Leigh.

Loudstrat

Coach
What a load of rubbish. You suggested that the drop off in Crushers crowds somehow proved that a 2nd Brisbane team wouldn't work. I proved that most clubs had similar drop offs yduringthat period yet managed to recover their crowds after the SL fiasco. There is nothing to suggest the Crushers wouldn't have done the same. Brisbane is plenty big enough, and the code strong enough in that city, to have the Broncos avg over 35k and a new team avg over 20k. There is no evidence what so ever to suggest it isn't and plenty of examples in other codes to show it can work.
If that's the Bombers, WC or any other Brisbane area bid that puts its hand up will be for the IC to decide. I'd lay bets on that a 2nd Brisbane team will be avg bigger crowds than Bears or Reds from day one.
Dont just repeat what you said. I know crowds recovered. By an average of 32 per game. Wow. And all those in the same ball park either merged or dies with a few exceptions.

Re-iterating a case built on a dodgy foundation doesn't make it any more convincing than the first time you said it. If you can make your case without relying on the extraordinary circumstances of the Super League war then please do. But when it comes to crowd figures and financial results from the years '95 thru to pretty much 2000, put a giant asterisk on it and just leave it out. For drawing conclusions about the game under normal circumstances, they prove nothing.

Leigh.
You try and pass yourself off as intelligent. So tell me how the hell the SL was influenced the RATIO of Broncos fans to Crushers fans? Dont just say that it was abnormal times - of course it was - whenever do you get to see how 2 sides in the same comp would compete if they were in different comps?????

If the main effect of the SL war was to decrease crowds - well then that resulted in the crushers with 7k and the Broncos with 19k. If good times return, and the Broncos crowds swell to over 30k - why would the Crushers crowds not rise by the same percentage????????????

Dont just hide behind the "strange times" rubbish, unless you reckon the effect of the SL war was to somehow harm the Crushers only.

I put it to you that the SL war affected crowds pretty much in a similar fashion across the board. Therefore it is a valid indicator that you cannot discredit unless you give a reason why Crushers fans would drop off at a greater rate than Broncos fans.

Quidgybo

Bench
I put it to you that the SL war affected crowds pretty much in a similar fashion across the board. Therefore it is a valid indicator that you cannot discredit unless you give a reason why Crushers fans would drop off at a greater rate than Broncos fans.
Easy. Five minute old club, no established loyalties amongst the fan base.

Leigh.

Smiley

Bench
Nine news Queensland supposedly had a segment on the two Queensland Cup NRL bid tonight.

Anyone catch it?